5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference Book
I will never have a chance to read the whole book but it is fun looking up subjects and getting an answer. I would consider
this a fun, interesting and useful reference book.
Published on January 9, 2011 by Susan C. Fesus

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice to look at compilation
Saw this at a friend's and thought it looked interesting. Picked it up used for around 5 dollars. Wouldn't pay full sticker. Leafed through it in a sitting and would keep it for reference unless I move someplace smaller. A nice to look at compilation, but made obsolete by the internet.
Published 1 month ago by Elizabeth Byrne

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference Book, January 9, 2011
This review is from: The New York Times Practical Guide to Practically Everything, Second Edition: The Essential Companion for Everyday Life (Hardcover)
this a fun, interesting and useful reference book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big volume . . . good price . . . but . . ., April 12, 2012
A big volume at a good price, this NEW YORK TIMES PRACTICAL GUIDE TO PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING (2nd Ed.) is a kind of grownup's operating manual to life, telling the owner how to book foreign travel, appreciate food and drink, understand sports and games, and glean other useful knowledge we might not yet have picked up. Unfortunately my volume, due to a printing error, duplicated a number of pages at the expense of others. Thus I got double information about how to play bridge (which I already know) at the expense of the finer points of NFL strategy (which I could have used). Not American bookbinding's finest hour. Sadly, I found this out after the returns period had expired. I can still recommend this GUIDE, but check the pagination first just to make sure it's OK!

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice to look at compilation, August 29, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical to Practical Thoughts, January 21, 2011
It is a great read! Unlike being in a form of a normal book, it serves to have each entry separated and easy to search. Great way to kill time while being educated!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Coffee Table Book Ever, February 3, 2011
This book has so much useful information you'll find yourself unable to put it down. I found it so useful I purchased another copy for my daughter. Every parent should buy this book for their children before they send them out into the real world. A great how-to manual for real life!