Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 28, 2009
This is a wonderful tool for teaching beginning ESL students how to speak English. I use it in all my classes along with Dr. Seuss books for reading and cards I get at the drug store for phonics. I love this book and its price! Great resource. I use the PMP Basic Spanish books to learn Spanish. I think they do a great job.
on March 17, 2012
I recommend this book to anyone starting off with English. This book is very basic and helped me get started again, as I have a limited education this is a great way to get back into it. I recommend this - the practice makes it easy to comprehend.
on September 19, 2013
This book has basic English as it states; I feel it is a good book to start with for ESL learners as well as anyone who wishes to refresh their English. The exercises reiterate the lessons which helps the learner to retain what was presented.
on August 19, 2010
This book is very easy to use, and is full of vocabulary lists and exercises to illustrate the points of grammar. Excellent starting place for a beginner.
on July 15, 2013
By Julie Lachance.

The present perfect is not "created" by putting 'has' in front of a past tense verb and the past perfect is not "created" by putting 'had' in front of a past tense verb.
The author starts out wrong -- with an incorrect definition -- and ends up wrong -- with incorrect examples and exercises. Both tenses mean something in English and if you want to speak and write Standard American English correctly, you will need them both. Confusion rains on this text with regard to these two important tenses. Buyer beware.
on December 2, 2012
i am a esl student . i was reading a lot of book but this book is the best ever . you can undeartend everything . i recomended to everyone to read and do the exercise
on June 15, 2013
Someone recommended the Practice Makes Perfect Series to us and we have purchased many books in this series to the delight and successful use of ourselves and our Families and Friends and have observed usage of these books really helping people to better their learning and skill abilities language-wise. No complaints here thus far. Thank you, Amazon. Blessings.
on May 13, 2013
The drills in this book are helpful for the topics being taught, and I highly recommend it as a supplement for teaching English grammar and vocabulary to ESL students. It is not as useful for EFL students because the content is geared to the weather, seasons, culture, etc. of the United States, and is not always applicable for use with students in other parts of the world where these things are different. However, it is possible to adapt the material so it can be used outside the USA.
on February 16, 2012
It is very hard to convince 66 years old woman to learn English. I signed my mother for English class but apparently it was hard for her to keep up. This book starts with basic grammar and selection of words given before the actual exercise. That helps the person to get familiar with the vocabulary in order to continue further with applying the knowledge. I am so thankful to the author(s) for giving my mom a chance to learn a new language without stress and negative attitude.
on August 27, 2013
I am using this book with my dad, and he's following along ok. He says that he feels like he's learning practical words. The book covers the English verbs, and it has a set of vocabulary in every section. Good book.