From the Back Cover
Harness the power of the 401(k) investment committee to guard against financial liability and streamline your investment program
In today's complex, increasingly-litigious world, you must ensure that your investment decision process is sound and efficient. A well-managed investment committee is the key to survival and success.
Packed with numerous resources and examples, this clear guide will help you avoid legal and financial pitfalls and find answers to critical questions:
- What constitutes a prudent committee selection and operation process?
- How should a committee be governed?
- How much reliance should a committee place on outside consultants?
- How should committee members be selected?
- How are best practices articulated and implemented?
You will learn to:
- Serve successfully on an investment committee
- Enable effective management
- Implement a robust investment policy
An adept investment committee helps you identify crucial issues and get the job done right.
About the Author
Rocco DiBruno, AIFA®, CIMA®, is a managing director and director of the Thornburg Retirement Group at Thornburg Investment Management. He has over thirty years' experience working with financial advisors and plan sponsors in the retirement plan sales, consulting, marketing, and product development. Rocco received his Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA) designation from the Investment Management Consultants Association and his Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst® (AIFA) designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies. He is also a frequent industry speaker on retirement industry trends and fiduciary governance.