5.0 out of 5 stars Material is more than I thought.
Published on November 7, 2010 by safetyonion

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, there are better ones out there....
Published on May 27, 2005 by J. White

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, there are better ones out there...., May 27, 2005
J. White (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Praxis II General Science Middle School (Praxis Series) (Paperback)
I, like other reviewers, had a hard time finding worthwhile study guides for the middle school science exam. It was suggested to me by a fellow student in my teacher licensure program to pick up "Master the GED: Sciences" at the library. She had used this book with much success after failing the middle school science exam the first time around. I was skeptical because of the title (I didn't think that a GED study guide could cover all the material). But I was wrong! What a great study guide for the Praxis II exam. In fact, there were many questions in the review testing part of the GED guide that were word-for-word off the Praxis exam. And this guide was only $13.00, compared to this overpriced one we're reviewing. Worth every penny!

1.0 out of 5 stars Lulu books has a better study guide than this one!, July 2, 2004
I was disappointed by the content of the book. I have found however that [...] carries another book titled, "The Unofficial Middle School Science Praxis II Study Guide". It has all the subjects covered and it is very detailed. I was pleased with it compared to this one. I feel this book needs more specific questions, more content, and needs to be in an easier format.
-Taylor
Arizona

1.0 out of 5 stars Joke of a study guide, February 14, 2004
By A Customer
I was absolutely appalled at the number of typos, grammatical errors(incomplete sentences gallor!)which make the book unreadable. There are duplications of entire pages, not just paragraphs. In addition, there are numerous inaccuracies in the chemistry and physics! It resembles a rough draft manuscript of a "Tell Us What You Know about Science" project that middle school students would have compiled, typed, cut-and-pasted and then bound together. No adult could have possibly proofread this "study guide" .It is in no way something a middle school pre-service teacher could possibly use to study for the PRAXIS II!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, January 24, 2004
By A Customer
After comparing the book and the "topics covered" section from ETS, I found that the book and the practice questions addressed only a few of those topics. Hardly worth the money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, March 20, 2003
Berkeley Brandt IV (Newport News, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
Finally, a study guide has been released to help us study for the Praxis II - Middle School Science test. Unfortunately, I was shocked to see the number of errors throughout the book. Mistakes ranged from typos and incorrect grammar to duplicating entire paragraphs. One or two mistakes are understandable, but the book is completely filled with errors. It is as if they released a rough draft (can't they afford proofreaders?) Due to the poor editing, I am forced to question the reliability of the content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Material is more than I thought., November 7, 2010
I'm glad I got this book, because I didn't expect it to have any dimensional analysis or reactions in it, nor did I expect any physics. In my 8th grade science class, it was usually just watching Nova, making an outline from a watered-down biology book, helping take care of the plants, and holding the animals. I don't remember learning anywhere near the depth this book covers--it could also be the increased standards, too.

4.0 out of 5 stars No filler! Packed with Information!, January 8, 2009
So there's a few typos, this is the only book I found that covers all the topics of the 0439 Praxis exam. I am started to not understand why Xam would discontinue such a great book! This book is packed with information on everything you need to know for the test. I am also questioning why so many people gave it a bad review... The book is technical enough, but also gives real life examples that make it easier to digest the information.
The test in the back is a full 120 question test with explainations to the answers. The test is not accurate to the real thing it gives too many lab safety questions, but is a good basis as to where you stand on the test. The only other fault it there's no diagrams of confusing topics what would be more helpful.
Hopefully you can get your hands on one for around $50-$70
I refused to pay the outragous out of print prices

4.0 out of 5 stars Proof is in the results..., November 10, 2007
The book does have quite a few typos and grammer errors but I got an above average Praxis score by studing this book and only this book. I found that most topics on the test were covered in this book. Worked for me!!

Praxis II General Science Middle School (Praxis Series)
Praxis II General Science Middle School (Praxis Series) by Kelly Benson (Paperback - January 1, 2003)
Used & New from: $31.95