5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read on Padre Pio
Published on May 26, 2009 by Dina Reeder

3.0 out of 5 stars Good intention, poor execution
The author is, though certainly honest and well-meaning, a poor writer. So much so that I find I am distracted by the disorganization, repetitiveness, and often lack-of-purpose within multiple paragraphs. It at times can seem almost childish and when one is writing about such things, it is imperative that everything presented be done so eloquently and clearly. My...
Published on October 28, 2011 by Humble pie

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read on Padre Pio, May 26, 2009
I really really enjoyed reading this book, and I would highly recommend it. The personal stories regarding Padre Pio, made me love him even more, as I feel like I, too know him personally, now. This book is very quick and easy to read...has many individual stories, so you can put it down and resume reading without a problem. It is a very intimate portrait of a man, who was one of the greatest living Saints in our modern times. May all who read this book, be blessed to have Padre Pio as one of their heavenly friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ! Outstanding accounts!, March 6, 2010
This is a compilation of witnesses to Padre Pio's life. These stories of people who knew Padre Pio, who received healings and miracles and direction from Padre Pio, or who lived near him, or who worked with him, are truly superb and astounding. I thought I already knew all about him. If you have read a biography of his life, this is the NEXT PHASE!!! Though I have read everything I could find on him, I was still surprised when I read this book! Diane Allen has done an excellent and beautiful job of capturing the man as he was through the eyes of those who knew him. Awesome reading.
Padre Pio had a high regard for the American soldiers from WWII. Whenever one of them arrived to attend the Padre's Mass, they were ushered to the very front, much to their surprise. It was by the Padre's design. He loved Americans, and he thought they were very generous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry, March 5, 2009
The book is highly inspiring, and as I read, it is motivating me to make a change in my lifestyle for the greater glory of God. I was serching for (and am still) a better way of living than just the "make more money" way of life. I believe that this book is pointing me in the right direction.
I would Also like to mention that the service provided by Amazon in delivering this book to me was fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars A feel good way to grow in faith in God!, August 22, 2009
I first read these stories as a subscriber to Deacon Ron and Diane Allen's newsletter, of the same name. I looked forward with great anticipation to receiving this on a quarterly basis, and enjoying the true, first hand accounts of the miracles, wisdom and holiness of my Patron Saint, Padre Pio. I was excited to see that she had put together a book of these, and although I have read many of them before, there were a few that I either did not read before, or had forgotten. Either way, these stories are delightful, enriching and will help you grow in your love of the Lord. They are also for Catholics and non-Catholics alike. In a time when our priests are not receiving very good "press", this book will remind you what GOOD priests are about. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Many blessings from St. Padre Pio, March 19, 2009
This book is one of my favorites. I have a great respect for this man. He has helped me much and more than I could write. I hope more people will read it.
Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Padre Pio, September 30, 2010
Although I love to read, I'm so busy that I don't have that much time to pick up a book. Relics of Saint Padre Pio had come to the chuch I attend in North Las Vegas,Nevada, St. John Neumann's Roman Catholic Church. I attended the special mass and presentation about Saint Padre Pio. I walked away very inspired. I have a learning disabled young man. Now when I look at him I realize that he himself in a miracle. The original diagnosis for him, when he was 5 years old, was that he was going to end up in a mental institution. How wrong the doctor was. He is 34 years old and works within a sheltered organization. Reading Pray, Hope and Don't Worry, opened my mind and heart through all of the stories within in. The book is so well compiled, that I was able to read one story and a time. Before, I knew it, I had finished it. I highly recommend it to anyone who has,knows of or comes in contact with someone with any type of physical, emotional or mental disabilities. After reading his book, the reader will come away with a stronger faith and believe in miracles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pray, Hope and Don't Worry, May 2, 2010
A deeply inspiring collection of true stories that gives insight into Padre Pio's humble, sanctified life as a stigmatist, which touched millions. The stories compel us to read over and over again how Padre Pio transformed people through their brief but powerful encounters with him. The accounts also reveal the essence of God Himself in this monastic priest, and serve as a balm to the soul that is shaken by worry and anxiety caused by daily trials. You cannot help but be inspired to pray much more, hope and trust in God and worry much less (or not at all).

This book is so well researched, comprehensive and beautifully written, that it offers something for everyone - even the non-believer. Padre Pio's simple, austere life as a priest and his gifts of the stigmata, countless miracles of healing and protection, bi-location and love of the Crucified Christ, all inspire belief in the absolute goodness and power of God. 'Pray, Hope and Don't Worry' is a must read for the world. The quest for faith stops here. I congratulate the author on this fine accomplishment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book! Highly recommend., July 14, 2009
This is a wonderful account of Padre Pio's work in action. The book consists of a very nice and thorough introduction to St. Pio and then gives several testimonies of priests and random, everyday people like you and me. Well written and a comfortable read. I am very glad to have this book in my library.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best yet, August 25, 2010
This is one of the best books I have read about St. Pio as of yet and I have read many! I have visited his home in Italy and the book brought back many memories. I loved the book and recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual Awakening, January 4, 2011
Anyone who has ever asked, " What does God want from me?" will find some direction here.This book provides rich spiritual grounding. It gives an excellent look at the holiness of St. Pio through many personal anecdotes. It is so clear to understand that the consistent love, devotion, sacrifices and strength in Padre Pio's actions are a manifestation of God's love for all of mankind. Through Padre Pio's willing participation, obedience and devotion to God and the Blessed Mother, we see that many have been given a great gift. This spiritual reading is a beacon to those who seek what is really important. With the noise of the material world shouting loudly in our ears, this book offers solace and renewal.

Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry: True Stories of Padre Pio Book 1
Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry: True Stories of Padre Pio Book 1 by Diane Allen (Paperback - October 3, 2013)
$21.95 $18.55
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies