5.0 out of 5 stars I like this music on this soundtrack very much.
Published on August 30, 2010 by Robert G Yokoyama

3.0 out of 5 stars CD
Don't know anything about it this was a gift for our daughter. She had requested it for her last birthday.
Published 12 months ago by Marion F. Bates

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this music on this soundtrack very much., August 30, 2010
This review is from: Eat Pray Love (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Audio CD)
I love the music on this soundtrack. Every song is unique and is appropriately played at different parts in the movie. My favorite track is "Samba Da Bencao" by Bebel Gilberto. This track sounds so soothing and romantic. I don't understand a word of Portuguese, but her voice and musical arrangements on this song are beautiful. Joao Gilberto lends his talents on the tracks "S' Wonderful". and "Wave". He has a similar soothing vocal style as his daughter. My other favorite track is the song by Eddie Vedder entitled "Better Days". I believe this is a song about the quest for inner peace. I love the strings and the accordion featured on this song. Eddie's other contribution to this soundtrack is the song "The Long Road". This song features a singer by the name of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. His talent is chanting, and he chants beautiful on this song. This song is very comtemplative. It sounds very pretty too. I love this song. Other songs include the Neil Young classics "Heart Of Gold" and "Harvest Moon". I love the simplicity of Neil Young lyrics on this tracks. Marvin Gaye's dance hit "Got To Give It Up" can still get me moving. This song coupled with Thank You Falletin Be Mice Elf Agin" gives this soundtrack a soulful quality I really like. Another gem on this song is the instrumental piece "Attraversiamo" by Italian composer Dario Marianelli. Attraversiamo is an Italian word that means cross over This five minute insrumental piece makes my heart soar. I really enjoy the music on this soundtrack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music At Last Makes A Comeback...For Adults!!!, August 16, 2010
Eat Pray Love : Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

I just saw this wonderful movie on August 15th and, at last, movies and music have made a big comeback for women in their 50's...to be shared by our best friends and daughters...and then others. This music, by various artists of the 70's and earlier, strikes the cord of life itself...memory, love, thought, desire, and hope..as well as takes one upon a journey...which is the purpose of the movie. If you loved Neil Young, Marvin Gaye, Kool and the Gang, and the best of the 70's with some older and newer music stuck in between, this is for you. Too bad that Amazon does not have this in stock nor let it be downloaded, as I would have bought or downloaded it tonight earlier. Splendid addition to any collection and perfect for listening to with someone you love...husband, lover, daughter, friend...or,a I did in the movie, first with my best friend, who knows each and every secret of my heart and soul, and then "play it forward" to others...It is my plan when I can get my hands on it!! Five stars..to meet the movie's 5 stars!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog Days are Over, August 2, 2010
Love the CD and I haven't seen the movie yet so know I will like it even more once I see the movie BUT the trailer song for Eat Pray Love is "Dog Days Are Over" and it's not included on the CD? Very disappointed as that is one of the reasons I bought the CD early.

4.0 out of 5 stars Music better than the movie, September 25, 2010
Kindle Customer (Shinglehouse, PA) - See all my reviews
The one thing I loved about the movie was the music. I ran home to look for the sound track. Thanks Amazon. I listen to it while i exercise or read or dust. Love it. I visit all the places I recall from the movie. Lovely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack, August 29, 2010
I love the idea of this film and the soundtrack really helps to take you through the journey of it. Really well selected and put together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Calm Listening, A Pleasure, September 26, 2010
The entire album is a joy to listen to. The Italian opera-like song is a little off from the rest of the album but reminds me of how it coincides with the movie scene very well and I immediately want an Italian meal :) Great relaxing combination of oldies and ethnic music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eat, Pray, Love soundtrack CD, October 9, 2010
I appreciate Amazon's effective service in sending me this CD in a timely manner, especially because I could not find it in the stores I checked. THANK YOU.

4.0 out of 5 stars THE CD IS AS GOOD AS THE MOVIE, April 21, 2013
Great soundtrack... Very sexy! Great for a candle light dinner or a nice long drive. I saw the movie first and it inspired me to get the soundtrack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eat Pray Love, January 5, 2011
I am very happy to now be able to listen to the music from this soundtrack. There are specific pieces that I appreciate more than others, which gives me more opportunity to search out those musicians.

5.0 out of 5 stars EAT, PRAY, LOVE CD., January 7, 2011
This review is from: Eat Pray Love (OST) (Audio CD)
Looking at Eat, Pray, Love Cd. to buy. I don't know the difference between the $ 8. copy and the import. What is the difference ? And is the Dog Days are Over, on any of them.

Eat Pray Love (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Eat Pray Love (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2010)