Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: eneloop (2nd gen) AAA 1500 Cycle, Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries, 8 Pack (discontinued by manufacturer)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 10, 2011
I have a set of Panasonic phones KX-TGA931T that we have enjoyed for several years. For the past year all 4 handsets started the "Lost connection with base" errors and started getting so bad I figured it was time for new phones. However, I Googled the problem & found several references that changing the rechargeable batteries might fix the problem. After lots of reading reviews I decided on these & I couldn't be happier. Haven't lost the signal since they were inserted & charged. Highly recommended for replacement phone batteries.
on October 10, 2011
Best rechargeable batteries out there IMHO. I use the AA 2000 mh version of these batteries extensively in my 4 580EX flashes. They have amazing longevity. I rarely have to change batteries during a typical wedding shoot. I use these batteries to power all of my camera equipment that requires AAA. Wouldn't buy any other brand.
on August 9, 2011
I have purchased Eneloop batteries before, and in my experience, they are the best. I almost gave up on my Panasonic camera before getting these batteries, as no other batteries I tried worked for more than a few pictures. These batteries are like no other; it is almost hard to believe the difference. If you haven't tried Eneloop batteries, and are not satisfied with the alternatives, then get some of these, and I'm sure you will be happy. Also, the price is good from Amazon. Highly recommended.
on July 8, 2011
The good:

1) Made in Japan.
2) Pre-charged & ready to use.
3) Rechargeable 1500X (X = times / cycles). I'm happy with just 500X.

The not so good:

1) 2000 mAh. That's not enough juice to provide stamina for power hungry devices.

Background:

For over 4yrs now, I've been using the 'made in Japan', Low Self Discharge (LSD) AA & AAA rechargeable batteries from Sanyo called Eneloop & Eneloop 1500. I use them with all the remote controls & electronic devices / gadgets that I have. I have over a dozen pairs of the Sanyo Eneloop batteries & I like to keep them organized. I have them all marked / labeled in pairs so that I don't mix the batteries when I'm charging them. The plain white color of the Sanyo Eneloop is a plus point here.

For remote controls, the Eneloops are perfect. A single charge c'd stay for more than a year. No complaints. It's when I use the Eneloops with the Canon PowerShot A590IS Canon PowerShot A590IS 8MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom that I wish that these batteries had a lil' more juice in them. I c'd barely touch an average of 200 shots with a single charge. That's when I gave the Sanyo Eneloop XX a try & I'm impressed with it. The milliampere-hour (mAh), a measurement of the electric charge transferred by a steady current of one Ampere for one hour (check Google for more detailed explanation), in the new Sanyo Eneloop XX has been upped to 2500 mAh. This increase of 500 mAh really shows an improvement in my compact camera's performance. I've already taken over 400 shots with the first charge & I'm still counting. Even the refresh time between shots have reduced a bit.

Conclusion:

Just a few yrs ago, the Sanyo Eneloop (rechargeable 1000X) used to be priced @ USD20 / 4pcs. It's now selling for about USD10 / 4pcs on Amazon & is very good value for money SANYO eneloop 4 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries. The newer Sanyo Eneloop 1500 (rechargeable 1500X), with no performance advantage over the original Eneloop, is priced @ about USD15 / 4pcs. I got the Sanyo Eneloop XX (rechargeable 500X) from B&H, NYC @ USD20 / 4pcs Sanyo Eneloop AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries - new 2500 mAh --eneloop xx -- 1 pack of 4 batteries - Limited Quantity.

I'm sure the prices will eventually come down with more competition & with newer models getting released every year. For now, the Sanyo Eneloop XX sh'd only be considered for power hungry devices such as compact cameras & remote controlled toys. For everything else, the original Sanyo Eneloop (rechargeable 1000X) is still a very good purchase & has not run out of juice just yet.

I find 1500X a lil' over exaggerated. Even if I charge a pair of Sanyo Eneloop XXs every week, 500X will last me over 9yrs. I know I'll replace / upgrade these batteries in about 5yrs or so with whatever c'd be the latest & greatest in LSD rechargeable battery technology then. For 2000 mAh LSD rechargeable batteries, I'd stick with the original Sanyo Eneloop (rechargeable 1000X) & save some bucks.

For best results, I'm using the Sanyo Eneloop batteries with La Crosse Technology BC-700 power battery charger La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger.
on October 13, 2011
I've purchased several packs of these in various sizes and I'm a big fan. I used to use Duracell and these enelopes beat them hands-down. I haven't done any real testing, but they probably last about as long as a regular battery. Or twice as long as the Duracell rechargeable I will purchase more of these as I need them.
on July 20, 2011
I was recently converted to Eneloops after a friend lent me his when my old Duracell rechargeables died while shooting photos out on the road.

I took about 500-600 shots with flash, and they were still going after that. Although some of the shots were taken at less than full flash exposure, I'm still amazed that they were able to fire the flash when I was done.

I've been sold on them ever since, and I know of a couple other photographers who swear by them for their flashes too.

Can't go wrong.
on September 18, 2011
These are the best rechargeables I have seen. I've used the Ray0Vac and Eveready ones, and they both fail to work in a lot of products. The Eneloops are the most reliable, long lasting ones I have used. Highly recommended.
on July 11, 2013
I can't think of a single bad thing to say about these batteries. After years of trying every rechargeable NiCad or NiMH battery out there, I was used to their disadvantages ... primary one being that they don't hold a charge for very long... great for any device that you use a lot, but not something you want to stick in a clock or remote and expect it to work for a year like an Alkaline would. But not these... this is a battery that will finally wean you off of alkalines completely. They take a strong charge and hold it just about forever... I can charge a few spare sets and leave them in my camera bag for months and they still show a full charge on my multimeter. Which means that when I forget to change batteries in my flash or wireless mic and it goes dead in the field, I no longer have to worry that the spares have flatlined too. They'll work in any Ni-MH charger, but I'd recommend getting a good one like the Maha Powerex Wizard One MH-C9000.
on July 23, 2013
The voltage rating on these is 1.25 V instead of the standard 1.5V from alkaline batteries (this probably is due to the different technology in rechargeable batteries). This means that certain devices which rely on high voltage tend to give out faster than normal. For example, my TI-89 crashes every now and then and I need to hard reset by pulling out the batteries. This doesn't happen with alkaline batteries. Another example is my Xbox 360 controller (using AA Sanyo batteries). The battery indicator always shows low battery at 2 out of four bars, then promptly shuts down the controller because the voltage dropped too low.

Somewhat related, it does help to charge and discharge these batteries a few times before seeing optimal performance on them. On the plus side, I'll never have to pay for batteries again!
on July 16, 2013
I have around 40 of these batteries around the house. For kids toys and other items around the house. So far, only 1 battery has failed in the 2 years we have been using them. One thing to note. Our kids have a Leap Frog video game and it uses 6 batteries. When we first got it, we installed regular alkyline batteries. Kids killed them in 10 hours of use. We then replaced them with the Enelope rechargeables and were shocked to see they lasted an entire week!!! No kidding. Kids use the Leap Frog constantly.
The rechargeables were fully charged when installed. The Alkylines were fresh out of new package. In the long run you will save lots of cash using these.