Customer Discussions > Nintendo 3DS - Cosmo Black forum

Pre Order Policy!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2011 9:35:04 AM PST
Mike G says:
I have a few question pertaining to the pre-ordering of this item (3DS).

1- Will Amazon.com Charge me the entire cost of the item, as soon as i complete the Pre order? Or will i only be charged once the item is shipped?

2- Do i have the option to cancel at any time?

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 9:40:35 AM PST
FS says:
1- They don't charge you anything until it ships.
2- You have the option to cancel any time before it ships.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 9:41:23 AM PST
Upon preordering my own item, I followed the online statement of the card I paid with. Seeing how the charge has not gone through around 20 minutes after the preordering was done, I'll go on a limb here and claim Amazon will not charge you the item until it is available and/or shipped.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 9:45:30 AM PST
I shop here exclusively...100% sure they will NOT charge you till it ships!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2011 9:53:35 AM PST
Crybaby says:
I also shop here exclusively...Amazon does not charge your credit card until your item ships.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 10:08:21 AM PST
Kaemon says:
If you DO want to pay it down though you can use your card to buy amazon gift cards and post those to the purchase. I do that all the time... saves being hit with the huge purcahse price in the end all at once.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 10:18:27 AM PST
D. Bisciglia says:
good suggestion Kaemon... Never thought about that.

So psyched for this release!!

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 10:44:42 AM PST
MD says:
To echo the others: Amazon doesn't charge until it ships. You can cancel anytime. Hopefully Amazon will get a decent supply.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 10:48:17 AM PST
Mike G says:
Thank you for all the prompt reply's!!!!

I made my Pre-Order :) and can't wait for it.

1 Last question, even though it doesn't really apply to this purchase.
Whats Amazon's policy if a preorder item is cancel? or Discontinued?

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 11:04:38 AM PST
so will I be able to pay for the 3DS little by little? i quite dont understand that comment with the amazon gift cards.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 11:53:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2011 11:55:06 AM PST
J. Rocke says:
If you are wanting this, I recommend preordering to put yourself on top of the list. You can always cancel up till there is a week before release or change shipping later, but you may not be able to preorder if shipments sellout.

Kevin, preorder now. If you don't think you will have the money by the end of the month cancel.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 11:55:43 AM PST
Another question: is every person who pre-orders guaranteed a system on launch day (or launch week since it launches on a Sunday)? Will Amazon automatically cutoff pre-orders when their limit is reached?

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 11:58:17 AM PST
j. rocke. i've canceled 1 day before an item shipped.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2011 12:01:54 PM PST
MD says:
>Will Amazon automatically cutoff pre-orders when their limit is >reached?

For Kinect, this is what they did. Seems like the supply is going to be tighter on this one though and who knows if Nintendo gave them a good estimate of how many they are going to get. There was a big issue with this when the Wii first came out.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 12:26:47 PM PST
romevi says:
It all depends on supply and when they get shipped out. I can cancel a day before it's released, but only if my order isn't being processed. You can cancel at any time without any penalties whatsoever, so long as your order isn't being prepared for shipment. Once that happens, that's when Amazon.com charges you, and you can't cancel the order.
I've had items processed one to two days before release, depending on the delivery I want. Sometimes the day of release, but that's only when I don't select Release-Day Delivery.

As for this being discontinued, it won't. It may be hard to find at first, but Nintendo won't "discontinue" a system until its predecessor is released. Limited quantities? Probably. I'd strongly suggest you place an order now, and make sure you have the funds a few days before its scheduled release, lest you miss out and pre-orders aren't accepted anymore, and even after release it might be hard to find.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 4:39:47 PM PST
C.B. Najera says:
Nintendo has stated that there will only be 4 million 3DS systems available at launch. Out of those 4 million 1.5 million are slated solely for the Japanese market. The rest will be sent out to the other markets. So that's only 2.5 million for the rest of the world. Now considering that the Kinect was supposed to only sell around 4-5 million at launch and ended up selling a bit over 8 million units. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you are able to preorder one. DO IT! The DS is far more popular than the Kinect. Better one of you guys get it than some vulture that's going to sell it on ebay.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2011 7:25:12 PM PST
This is what Kaemon meant:

Say you can afford to put $50 a month toward it until it ships. So pre-order it, then buy a $50 gift card. Then immediately apply that gift card to the order (you can change anything on the order up until it begins processing, usually 1-2 days before it ships). Next month, when you have another $50 to put toward it, buy another $50 gift card and apply it to the order. Therefore, come March, your card will only be charged $150 dollars.

Of course, you can put up to $5000 on an Amazon gift card, so if you have the money now and just want to get it paid for, buy a $250 gift card and apply it now. Then it's paid for.

It's actually a brilliant idea, and despite shopping exclusively on Amazon for years now, I'd never actually thought of it. Kudos to that guy.

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 1:14:33 AM PST
R.B says:
You'd be just as well served to put that fifty in your bank account (over and over until it is $250) and then pay off the credit card using that money. That would be less of a hassle potentially than dealing with gift cards. Either way does work though, especially considering that you aren't likely to make much interest anyway (interest rates being what they are).

This close to launch, and with Amazon being an "official" pre-order retailer, I'd be willing to guess that Amazon knows pretty much exactly how many units they are going to receive. Nintendo has said point blank that they have plans to put (sorry if my numbers are a bit off) 4 million units out worldwide in the launch window, which makes me think that they have a handle on how production is going, and how likely they are to hit that number. If your delivery estimate is the 29th, it is likely that you'll get your device on the 29th. Likewise for the 30th. Once that initial shipment is gone though, all bets are off, and no one likely knows when the next batch will arrive. That is assuming that Amazon will sell out, which isn't a certainty. We shall see.

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 9:25:13 AM PST
JAZZY says:
does anybody know if this 3d ds plays the regular games that a ds would play.. also is black the only color it comes it and one more thing is its size about the same as the xl or smaller??

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2011 11:39:25 AM PST
Charles says:
1. when shipped

2. yes

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2011 6:14:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2011 6:15:26 PM PST
<<"does anybody know if this 3d ds plays the regular games that a ds would play.. also is black the only color it comes it and one more thing is its size about the same as the xl or smaller??">>

The 3DS is backwards compatible with all previous DS software. It comes in black and blue (Nintendo 3DS - Aqua Blue), and it's about a square inch smaller than the XL
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Jan 19, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 22, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo 3DS - Cosmo Black
Nintendo 3DS - Cosmo Black by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (621)