Pre-order Shipment Clarification

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 46 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2011 5:01:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2011 3:05:33 PM PST
Hello,

Here's an update for customers who have pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic that was scheduled to be released on December 20, 2011. Because beta access ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 19, 2011, we've decided to ship the game early to customers starting December 15, 2011. We'll be updating orders over the next two days and new estimated delivery times will appear in Your Account shortly after our updates are complete. These changes will be applied to your account automatically and there is no action needed on your part. Please see below for an update to estimated delivery times based on shipment method.

New Estimated Delivery Times for the Contiguous US:

* Release Date Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011
* One-Day Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011
* Two-Day Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011
* Standard Shipping - on or before 12/24/2011
* Super Saver Shipping - on or before 12/24/2011

Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international addresses will also ship earlier than originally planned.

Once we've finished updating the orders, you'll be able to find your updated Estimated Delivery Time under "Your Orders" in Your Account:

http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Since extremely limited quantities of the Collector's Edition are available, we recommend not canceling an order for this edition unless you do not intend to order it again. Please note that customers who cancel and attempt to re-order the Collector's Edition may lose their place in line.

Please note that official game access is scheduled to begin at 12:01 a.m. on December 20, 2011. BioWare will be bringing down all servers for a short period of time before the launch of the game. You will be contacted in-game with details on this planned outage and when you can expect all servers to be back online.

We appreciate your patience and hope you enjoy the game.

Amazon Video Game Editors

**Update December 14, 2011**

We want to assure everyone that this is an official Amazon post and the information we've provided here is being given to all of our Customer Service representatives worldwide. We apologize if information you received from our Customer Service was different than the information we provided in this post.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that customers who selected One-Day or Two-Day delivery prior to December 12, 2011 have been transitioned to Release Date Delivery and have been refunded for the difference in shipping cost.

**Update December 16, 2011**

The Star Wars: The Old Republic team is implementing a two day grace period for pre-order customers who have received early game access. To ensure a seamless transition into the live game, customers will have until 12:01 a.m. EST on December 22 in which to enter their product registration code, which can be found inside the Standard and Collector's Editions of the game. We recommend that you register your product code as soon as it becomes available. This adjustment will have no effect on the 30 days of game time that customers are entitled to starting December 20 at 12:01 a.m. EST.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 1:17:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2011 1:21:16 AM PST
I'm a customer that pre-ordered this from Turkey....

WILL international regions get earlier deliveries? Because...

"Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international addresses will also ship earlier than originally planned."

is not as definitive as intended. It just seems to imply immediate area of North America?

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 1:36:52 AM PST
Pete Sayers says:
I sure hope that my 2 copies for Australia get the early treatment also.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 2:48:39 AM PST
same here on the Australian orders.. :) Hope it gets here a bit earlier

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 2:59:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2011 3:09:43 AM PST
i live in australia and my orders tab still says will be shipped on the 21st even though i ordered on the 13th shouldnt this have changed by now to ships... on an earlier date? this is worrying me... as its a christmas present even if i were to get this today i couldnt use it as bioware controls the codes in the long run.

Edit: would be awesome for an amazon employee to comment here and to calm our worries.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 3:54:43 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 15, 2011 9:57:33 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 3:58:39 AM PST
It does say it will take a couple of days to update, so hopefully for us Aussies we see a new shipping date in a day or 2.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 5:07:48 AM PST
R. Villanelo says:
Regarding shipping (to Australia), I've finally been given an email response from Amazon.

------------------

Hi,

My delivery date has just changed to

Shipping Estimate Monday December 19, 2011
Delivery Estimate: Wednesday December 21, 2011 - Wednesday December 28, 2011

I have early access which expires 20th December, which means I will not be able to play SWTOR until I enter the CD Key. Therefore, any chance you could ship the game much earlier so that I can recieve it by the 20th ?

-----------------

Hello,

I understand your concern regarding the estimated delivery date for the Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle video game you ordered.

As per the recent update from our shipping department, I'd like to inform you that we'll be shipping your order by December 15, 2011 and it will be delivered within 3 to 5 business days according to the terms and conditions for Priority Courier Shipping to Australia.

We'll send you an e-mail to let you know when the order's shipped. For more information on the recent update for the Star Wars: The Old Republic video game, please find the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Shipment-Clarification/forum/Fx3B2VPBK1BTQ14/Tx22JP9C9CZLFN2/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B001CWXAP2

I hope this information helps

-----------------

I've sent another email to confirm this email is actually correct, and if it is, then to update the information on order to reflect this. Will post back when I hear more

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 5:41:34 AM PST
Cheers for sharing, hopefully my order page will get updated soon. It's still showing shipping 21 Dec and arriving 23-28 Dec for me (in Singapore)

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 5:51:02 AM PST
Now let's hope certain Redzone countries gets the same treatment...

I personally will be extremely cross if Turkey is treated as a 3rd world country, yet AGAIN.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 6:37:01 AM PST
Gweeeep says:
well I'm confused, I just chatted to a rep who told me my order will update the shipping date to the 19th (it still reads as the 21st). Which one is it? Is it shipping on the 15th like the OP says it will, or the 19th like the rep says or the 21st like my order reads???????????

I'm in Australia, I want it to ship on the 15th so that I get it in time for the launch day on the 20th. Let me know Amazon. Otherwise why bother with physical orders, next time I'll just go digital download.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 1:34:49 PM PST
I have yet to see my orders updated (mine and my wife's). But the rep I spoke to said nothing is going to change and I won't have them until the 20th.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 4:02:00 PM PST
You can force your order to update by going to change your payment method and just reselect the one you have as this will act as a confirmation and update your dates in your order. Thats what everyone on the other thread of the same name for the bundles has done.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 4:13:12 PM PST
You good sir are the man!! The new estimate isnt as early as I would of liked but still an improvement. Many thanks!

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 5:33:28 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 14, 2011 5:37:01 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 5:36:48 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 14, 2011 5:37:24 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 5:46:29 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 14, 2011 5:47:13 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 6:56:31 PM PST
It says pre-ordered copies will give us: "A one-time use code for early game access and color stone will be sent to you via email after you have completed your purchase." I completed my purchase back in August, and I never received any such code in any e-mail! What's this all about?

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 7:15:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2011 7:16:35 PM PST
Edison says:
Tried the "change payment method" and "change shipping speed" and reselected the current options but shipping date still stayed the same at 19th =(
(Singapore)

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 7:22:50 PM PST
My account also says that the ship date has been moved from the 21st to the 19th for my shipment to Australia, not the 15th like the Amazon customer service person said at the beginning of this thread.

Soo, what's the deal? Is it shipping out on the 15th like it says in this thread, or is it shipping out on the 19th like it says in my account?

Please give us an official response Amazon, with accurate info.

Cheers

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 8:48:36 PM PST
S. Barnes says:
Says the 19th to Australia for me too, I am happy about this, means there is a slightly better (though still unlikely I think) chance that I can get it before Christmas. Am hoping this post is accurate though, if it gets sent out on the 15th it would ease any concerns about that, which would be great.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 9:29:24 PM PST
It changed from 21st to 19th for me as well, Turkey here.

Well, 2 days improvement is good but..... the Amazon rep I talked had said that it'd ship out in 16th as well, so.... what gives?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 9:31:41 PM PST
They don't look at this and they don't care, seems that if you are not from the US they just do not care.

To me it just looks like the whole idea for this game is to shaft everyone below the equator.

First we are not in the launch because we are in Ociania, though I have no idea why? For every game not an MMO we are lumped with EU/UK, anyway just seems the yanks are having a great laugh at our expence. I hope that if mine is delayed until after Christmas (28th onwards) that they refund the difference in shipping costs as it will far from 2-5 days.
Well we will wait and see what other muck they can throw our way, I have had enough of this mess.

Merry Christmas Amazon, whatever...

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 9:54:19 PM PST
NEH says:
Thank you, this is good news. Was wondering what would happen on the 19 at midnight.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 10:20:26 PM PST
I had tried to update the shipping speed like a previous commenter had suggested. I used the same shipping speed I had previously entered, hoping for an earlier shipping date and now it is saying it won't ship till the 27 or the 29, when it originally said the 19. Freaking amazing. I then asked Amazon support if they could change it back to the 19, and was told it wasn't possible. Outstanding.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  34
Total posts:  46
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Wars: The Old Republic - PC
Star Wars: The Old Republic - PC by Electronic Arts (Windows Vista / XP)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (769)