Pre-order bonus is a wallpaper, Lame

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 2, 2012 10:48:00 PM PDT
1UP says:
At least give us a special weapon or armor like ME3. Gamestop has 4 waves of bonus and at least you get a 2 sided poster.

Posted on May 3, 2012 6:54:33 AM PDT
gmerdude says:
Thats sooo much better /s

Wait until closer to release, Amazon will have some sort of pre-order credit as usual along with Release day delivery for a dollar. That poster will be on sale at your local Wal-Mart for $5 within the next 2 weeks anyways.

Posted on May 3, 2012 12:14:27 PM PDT
lol, for pre-ordering online and having it delivered to you the day it comes out for only $.99, that's really good. sure, you can go stand in a line at GameStop and waste time for a 2-sided poster.

Posted on May 7, 2012 5:14:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 5:17:30 PM PDT
Well lets see now...

For one you MAY get a poster for pre-ordering but the Gamestop sight does say they have EXTREMELY limited quantities they have.
You MUST have that Gamestop card that you have to pay for to get some of the bonuses.
Gamestop you have to pay tax for the game including online. Amazon doesnt charge tax. So amazon customers are getting the game 8 percent cheaper.
You get 99 cent release date delivery at Amazon. No waitint 6 to 12 hours in line and no cost in fuel for TWO trips to Gamestop. ONE to pay for the pre-order, TWO to pick up the game.
All of Amazons special incentives for the game will all stack up for the next 6 months.
Amazon doesnt make us pay a dime in advance to pre-order from them. Gamestop will take out you money NOW and make interest off of money you paid in advance and whatever amount you did pay in advance will not collect interest in your bank account for the next 6 months.
Gamestop only has TWO bonuses plus the poster not four.
Gamestops price will never drop below 59.99 but Amazons will. And like previous games releases at Amazon we very likely will get a 20 dollar coupon for pre-ordering the game just like the last 5 games I pre-ordered. and to get that coupon we dont have to do a single thing.
At Amazon if the price drops on the game ON the release date we still get that discounted price . If the price at Gamestop drops ON the release date then you get nothing back.

So far Amazon customer have not put a dime out for pre-ordering this game but Gamestop requires you to pay some money in advance to pre-order.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:26:43 PM PDT
Amazon already has the option for $1 delivery on release day. Just a FYI

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 2:17:09 PM PDT
Terminator, Gamestop has a pre-order bonus for every month untill Black Ops II comes out, and you only have to put $5 down. You can get the paid card (like I do) for $15 per year and that will give you extra bonuses such as extra rewards for purchasing at their store or even online. But wait! You can get the free version of the card too! DER DUH DER!

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:37:06 PM PDT
T-Mac says:
"All of Amazons special incentives for the game will all stack up for the next 6 months"

If I preorder now would I get them or would I have to wait until later to preorder.

Posted on May 21, 2012 8:06:33 AM PDT
Here's an idea for a pre-order. If you pre-order, you either get the first map pack for free or you a discounted price for all of the map packs.

Posted on May 25, 2012 4:22:55 PM PDT
Mr Extreme1 says:
You don't think no tax, plus free release date delivery(Amazon prime) is better than gamestops cheap preorder gimmicks?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 11:05:53 AM PDT
I always order thru Amazon however Gamestop has them beat this time ... Besides the two sided poster they also offer Pre-order Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and receive a code to unlock a MW3 Prestige Token! and receive a code to register for Pre-Order Bonuses!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 3:41:17 PM PDT
True, but the bad part is you'd be giving your business to Gamestop and there is no coming back from that evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 6:33:02 PM PDT
The issue with gamestop is if you don't preorder in time, you don't get certain bonuses. My brother just preordered from gamestop a week ago and they are no longer giving the nuketown map out.

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 5:51:17 PM PDT
Amazon says Nuketown 2025 will be in the game case...
Meaning this "pre-order bonus" is the kind that comes with every initially released (first edition) copy.

This means if supply exceeds demand (it will) than anyone that buys it off the shelf within the first week will probably get nuke town 2025.

My point: Don't pre-order for Nuke Town 2025 alone

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 10:51:35 AM PDT
On the note of pre-ordering. I honestly do not understand people that pre-order 3+ months in advance. If you want the bonus then pre-order a week before.
Don't buy the BS the guys and Gamestop feed you about how there won't be enough copies. That is pure BS. There will be, they just won't let you buy it within the first 24 hours if you didn't pre-order. So go to any other retailer and buy it from them. I have this "pre-order crysis" discussion every year with people that pre-ordered too soon and have a million worries and questions.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 8:51:22 AM PDT
JWSpeed says:
It doesn't cost a penny to pre-order and I save money, (usually over $12.00), time going to a store and gas driving there. You can also cancel your pre-order at any time! It also let the company gets an idea how many copies to produce.

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 10:59:11 AM PDT
Well if you want it at midnight then pre-order it but otherwise you are better off buying off of Walmart or Amazon. It's cheaper and you get it day 1 reguardless.

The company knows already, how many copies to produce. There will be no shortage of Call of Duty Black Ops 2 game discs at launch. I would bet anything on that.

All I'm saying is that if you are pre-ordering from a certain retailer for the in-the-box "pre-order bonus" than you are being taken for a ride. There are still copies of certain games (BF3, Halo:CEA) that have what were advertised as "pre-order bonuses" on the shelves at my local Best buy, Walmart, and Target.

This means I can skip that initial $59.99 price tag and get the game after the 1st of the year for half the price, and still get said "pre-order bonus".

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 4:37:07 PM PDT
Once in a while, they'll lower the price briefly before raising it back up, or have a credit offer then take it away. Black Ops 1's $20 credit was taken away a few months before release thanks to Activision. Just recently, MOH Warfighter was $52-something, now it's back up to full price but guys who preordered it will get the lowest. Amazon makes it so painless to cancel if you change your mind - why not?

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 6:27:15 AM PDT
Kamakzie says:
Come on Amazon! New Egg has it for $47.99 after a pre-order coupon. Please match!

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 4:32:54 PM PDT
They should give us something like a patch or a keychain for a bonus. It wouldn't cost too much and it would be cool. A wallpaper is worthless.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 9:46:55 AM PDT
Ryan says:
Is it still .99 for release date delivery?

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 12:18:00 PM PDT
As of now. No. But we are still a ways away from release so they might offer it in the future. Check bak every once and awhile for it.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 1:01:46 PM PDT
A. John says:
The Microsoft store is offering a $10 coupon plus free Xbox LIVE 1600 points. I've cancelled all my pre-orders for the next 2 months with Amazon because of their lame promotions and gone to the Microsoft store. They're even offering $25 off your next purchase with a Halo pre-order.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 6:46:32 PM PDT
Does it come the sale day of the release? How reliable is the Microsoft Store, never ordered from there

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 6:58:17 AM PDT
ReToM7 says:
I preorder well in advance because I don't want to forget to preorder. Also, with the price drop guarantee from Amazon, every now and then, you get a great day where the price drops and they hook you up. I don't care for GameStop. Honestly, I have never gotten a preorder bonus item from GameStop because I am not going to wait on a mid-night line and they workers/their friends/randoms who didn't preorder are given the items before I pick up. Honestly though, who cares about a poster? What better way to turn off the opposite sex when they enter a house than to find posters hanging on the wall for video games and anime.

I prefer Amazon for the simple fact that their customer service is top notch and through loyalty and positive outcomes for any issues that come up, GameStop could never compare. I remember buying a $3 game from them that did not read in my console. When I brought it back to exchange, they wouldn't do it. I had to actually go through multiple layers until I got to the district manager for a $3 game. I would have bought another, but at that point, it was solely on principle. I am sure I spent more than $3 on gas and aggravation. If something from Amazon gets messed up (my MW3 preorder was a day late) they make good with an instant resolution. Refunded my money so I could buy it locally AND gave me a $10 credit. Offered to ship me a new copy but didn't want to wait.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:11:04 PM PST
badbob88 says:
I cancelled my preorder on amazon. I've always been loyal to amazon, but they didn't even offer release-day delivery! Microsoft store is doing preorders for Black ops 2 again (they were sold out) and you get 1600 points and $10 off your next purchase. AWESOME!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9e522b94)

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  May 2, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360 by Activision Inc. (Xbox 360)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (2,142)