Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 24, 2009 12:40:26 PM PDT
Timothy says:
Just pre-ordered The Spark (Chris Downie) and can't wait till it ships! Anyone else pre-order this? Are you a SparkPeople.com member too?

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 9:26:12 AM PDT
A. McClendon says:
I preordered, and I'm a Sparker! (ALLYNMC) I am so excited for this book - I can't wait!

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 9:38:33 AM PDT
D. Scotto says:
I also pre-ordered - one for myself and one for my daughter. We are both Sparkers!

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 10:24:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2009 10:26:00 AM PDT
Ms. ME says:
I also Pre ordered today and am a Sparker =) (maureen4music) I first heard about Sparkpeople in a comment for a cookbook review by a fellow sparker here at Amazon. By far sparkpeople.com offers the most successful and practical life changing tips and tools anyone can ask for in one place and it's FREE!

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 1:06:43 PM PDT
Sitting here at the hotel across from Convention Center Tomorrow is the Sparkpeople convention. Glad everyone is ordering those books. Its an amazing thing to have to go along with the site!

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 1:36:46 PM PDT
V. Bernett says:
Just preordered this. I love spark people. I am sure the book will be truly inspiring just like their website.

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 4:32:33 PM PDT
ivylass says:
I'm a Sparker too! Sparkpeople helped me lose 40 pounds, and I've kept it off for more than a year now!!

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 4:49:05 PM PDT
I will be preordering as well, I'm just trying to figure out how many copies to order for family and friends! Thanks to Spark People I have lost 100 lbs, and have gone from a totally sedentary life to running my first Marathon in 2 weeks!

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 5:08:29 PM PDT
SparkGuy says:
Hi everyone - I'm the author of The Spark. Well, really many people are the author since we have so many amazing member stories in the book and all of the experts on our team helped put this together. Thanks so much for pre-ordering. By working together to reach our own goals, support and motivate each other, and then spread the spark, we have a great chance to make a major impact on the world!

SparkCheers!

Chris "SparkGuy" Downie

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 5:41:22 PM PDT
Patrick F. says:
haven't preordered yet, but do intend to buy the book :) So glad I found the site

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 6:31:47 PM PDT
I pre-ordered the book. I know I will love the book the same as I love the web site, SparkPeople. Anyone out there who hasn't joined, better do so. It is an amazing place to get healthy, lose weight and make friends who will encourage you. I am yafenelra

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2009 6:32:41 PM PDT
Thank you, thank you thank you!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2009 6:43:01 PM PDT
I pre-ordered and yes I am A SparkPeople member. I have been with them since March and it is a blessing.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2009 6:47:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2009 6:48:09 AM PDT
Thanks for all you and the Sparkpeople staff do for us! Its people like you that make this world a wonderful place. Great convention once again! KimDcandoit

Posted on Sep 28, 2009 10:39:12 AM PDT
S. Romine says:
I can't WAIT to read this book. Can I get a WooHoo?

Posted on Sep 29, 2009 1:02:39 PM PDT
laurie says:
I have pre-ordered my copy of THE SPARK and now I patiently wait! Thank you SparkGuy!!

Posted on Sep 30, 2009 3:52:56 PM PDT
Angie says:
Is there anything here we can't find on the website?

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 9:43:35 AM PDT
SP Tami says:
Hi -- I'm Tami from SparkPeople. In answer to Angie's question 'is there anything here we can't find on the website?' the answer is yes! The book is based on similar principles as the website, yet the book is almost all new content. We did a major member poll to find out exactly what our most successful members did to lose their weight (about half of our 'successful' members who responded lost 100 pounds or more) and we included those 'secrets of success' in the book to increase members odds of success. We also used those 'secrets' and combined them with sparkpeople philosophy, latest in science, and created a 28-day plan that is new and only in the book. This book is a great way for people who already use the site to keep the momentum going, to get to new levels of success, and simply to be inspired. There are lots of inspirational stories of members throughout the book. Hope this helps!

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 10:31:39 AM PDT
sparked says:
I pre-ordered THE SPARK on the 24th and looking forward to receiving it! Yes, I am a PROUD member of SparkPeople for 9 months now! It only gets BETTER!

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 10:32:37 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 1, 2009 10:44:09 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 2, 2009 5:56:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2009 5:57:33 AM PDT
Susan says:
In my 50+ years, I've probably read every diet book on the planet. But "The Spark" will be a unique, memorable addition. How could it not be, with the generous, creative, and genuinely altruistic Chris Downie at the company's helm? He's provided us all with a website that's teeming with first-rate information on nutrition, exercise, and wellness, one which continually delivers a powerhouse of new content! And then there's his warm, delightful, and highly devoted staff... not to mention that positive, energetic gang of SparkPeople who are gratefully thriving in this fabulous climate! So, I can't wait to get my mitts on this read!

Posted on Oct 2, 2009 4:40:02 PM PDT
Nancy Howle says:
I can't wait to get this book - yes, I pre-ordered and yes I am a happy, successful member of SparkPeople for almost 2 years. Chris Downie created an amazing website for health and weight loss. I have NO DOUBT that this book will be worth the wait.

Posted on Oct 6, 2009 10:41:01 AM PDT
I am a sparker and I did pre order the book. I can't believe we are now #12 on the best seller charts here at Amazon !! Can't wait till we hit #1 !! WooHoo

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 3:18:57 PM PDT
I'm a Sparker and pre-ordered the book. I'm so excited! I went from being a borderline obese smoker to completing a marathon and running good times in half-marathons. I've been maintaining my weight loss for 2 years now. I've also accomplished a lot of other major goals (paid off all my credit cards, finished my degree, etc...) using the tools and principles that I've found on SparkPeople. Thanks SparkGuy (and all of your staff)! Can't wait for the book!

Posted on Oct 19, 2009 7:39:58 AM PDT
movie lover says:
I preordered the book but never got any of the goodies we were supposed to get for pre-ordering. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong. I am really looking forward to getting this book it will really be a great present to get for the New Year.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  25
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Sep 24, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Spark: The 28-Day Breakthrough Plan for Losing Weight, Getting Fit, and Transforming Your Life
The Spark: The 28-Day Breakthrough Plan for Losing Weight, Getting Fit, and Transforming Your Life by Chris Downie (Hardcover - December 29, 2009)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (298)