5.0 out of 5 stars Success!
I used this study manual and got 99th percentile on the TEAS test. It is very helpful to know what kind of questions are asked and how they are asked and worded. Get it!
Published on July 16, 2008 by A. StJohn

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for an additional study guide
Published on March 24, 2010 by Must Love Dogs

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for an additional study guide, March 24, 2010
Must Love Dogs (Northern Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pre-test Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills: Reading, Mathematics, Science and English (Paperback)
I purchased this book to prepare for the TEAS exam given by a tech school in my area. Since I've been out of school for over 10 years, I needed a good refresher in math, science, english, etc.. I found that this book gave good examples for what the actual test is like. I took a computerized version of the TEAS and scored about 65% (enough needed for the program I was applying for). Needless to say, I wish this book was a bit more comprehensive - it gives you test examples, but does not do the best in explaining the conclusion. I used two other guides to help me study since I found this book to be too harsh with it's review sequence. I would suggest that if you have a good grasp on math, english, science, etc., this is a good book to review with. However, if you are like me and are not the best in those subjects - especially math/science - I would look into purchasing additional study guides for preparation. In addition, the TEAS focuses on math and science. The math portion consists of mostly pre-algebra, algebra, and geometry - don't be too concerned with the basics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Success!, July 16, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Great prep book, June 9, 2006
This is the prep book recommended by Rush University (because it's the exam they give). It's direct and easy reading/studying. I used it and got above the national average in all area's of the test and I hate these types of tests. I highly recommend it. Good luck!!

5.0 out of 5 stars TEAS stduy manual, August 10, 2009
AMH "HMA" (Evansville, IN) - See all my reviews
It was a very helpful review. I briefly studied for less than a day and I scored an 87.1 which is the 95th percentile. If I had studied the manual a little more I might have made it into the 90's. The book had accurate study material and the practice exams were exactly like the real exam. The answer keys were also very helpful. I would recommend the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to pass... buy this book!, December 22, 2009
I bought the book and the 2 practice tests from ATI. I thought it was a waste of money until I passed the test (my friends didn't) and realized that only the ATI version is the true practice for this specific exam. I spent a lot of time with random websites and practice questions, that was a waste of time. Just study the book and take the 2 online quizzes. I ended up with 81% overall and science was the most difficult, especially the physical and life portions. On the practice tests I failed the science so I was not convinced that I would not do any better on the actual test, but I did. I will NOT take it again for a better score. Just glad its done and I get my 3 points to get into nursing school (WNC).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great study guide!, October 16, 2010
I took the TEAS test for the first time almost a week ago. I made an 87.1%. I studied this book for only a few days because I had been so busy with my physiology class. I basically just read the book front to back and and worked all the the practice questions until I understood them. The format of the questions in the book is very similar to the ones on the test. I though the test was easier than most of the questions in the book. I think I could do better on the test if I was to retake it. I didn't understand the question about the base pairing but that wasn't something my biology teacher focused on when teaching us about DNA and RNA. The first part of the test was really easy. The math was easy too but since calculators are not allowed, you really have to use your time wisely. I had only about 5 minutes leftover to check to make sure my answers were how I wanted them. There was a lot of adding, subtracting, multiplication and division... and a lot of fractions so be sure to know those well!! The science part wasn't too hard. Common sense should get you through it. I think most everything was basic knowledge of what I've been learning for the past year and a half. So if you are understanding the basic concepts of your science classes and retaining that info, you'll do fine! The grammar and spelling section was probably the hardest for me. I don't use proper English most of the time when I talk so that definitely showed. There was also some questions about what phrase didn't belong or something like that in a sentence and I still am unsure of what the question was wanting. Anyways, I think my score should be sufficient for what I'm trying to do which is to get in the RN nursing program. I might retake it to try to get a higher score, but am not sure yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book., June 12, 2009
I havent been in school for 7 years or so. I definitely feel that this book helped me. Its a good review of all the subjects, but of course you need to have retained some of the knowledge from your school days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, June 7, 2011
Very helpful in preparing for and passing the TEAS exam. Also purchased the Secrets to Taking the TEAS exam and TEAS exam study questions. They were also very helpful. Do not purchase the flash cards. They are not worth the money!

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT GREAT, NOT HORRIBLE, December 6, 2009
The Life Science section of the test gave a less than adequate "lesson" which was not sufficient for the questions on the practice test. I'm going to have to get a Life Science book to attempt the questions. The other sections were ok. I'm going to brush up on the main sections on my own with other resources.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Text, Excellent Content, April 12, 2013
I recently took the TEAS V; this text was written to cover the TEAS III. I wasn't concerned about having the best and latest information on the format of the test, I was concerned with reviewing material that I haven't dealt with in the 17 years since I was in high school, and for those purposes, this book was excellent. The book contains many practice tests so you can see where you need to improve, and it presents material in an easy to access, concise manner that helps you to review or even to learn for the first time. I am very happy with my purchase.

Pre-test Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills: Reading, Mathematics, Science and English by Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) (Paperback - January 24, 2004)
Used & New from: $2.52