5.0 out of 5 stars Best Graphic Novel of All Time
Published 2 months ago by Eric

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh
Meh. That's about the sum of it. Felt like a lot of treading water without any real risks to the characters, no big revelations, and no forward progress.
Published 2 months ago by Coactus Volui

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Graphic Novel of All Time, April 16, 2014
This review is from: Preacher Book Three (Hardcover)
From the very first issue, Preacher captivated me in a way few graphic novels have. I read every single issue of this story within a matter of weeks, I could not get enough. The story follows Jesse, a preacher in Texas, who gets invoked with a spirit that may make him the most powerful being in existence. The characters are beautifully flawed, the themes of religion, right and wrong, are mixed with Movie Westerns and Secret Societies. Once you start Preacher, you are in it for the whole 75 issues. You will be glad you went on this journey! The hardcovers are beautiful and a must-have for you to enjoy reading over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, April 7, 2014
Book three excellent still. I can't wait for more to come out I will be waiting impatiently for book four

5.0 out of 5 stars The Preacher continues in excellence., January 30, 2014
EE "EYE" (New York City) - See all my reviews
Preacher is my favorite vertigo title of all time. I don't even remember why I bought the first issue, but I'm glad I did. The story of Jesse Custer, girlfriend Tulip and friend vampire, Cassidy, it's the simple story of a man's search for God. Not the spiritual way, but actual God. And that all I can say. Get it. Read it. It's not for everyone, and it helps if one has a warped sense of humor, but it's worth reading! Again and again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, November 12, 2011
This review is from: Preacher Book Three (Hardcover)
Preacher is one of my all time favorites. first of all Book three begins where proud Americans leaves off in case your trying to switch over and it begins with one of the best opening story I've ever read (the St. of killers history)

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest comic of the 90s only gets better with age, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Preacher Book Three (Hardcover)
Truly brilliant. The focus of the Saint of Killers isn't *quite* as engrossing as the dynamic between Custer, Tulip and Cassidy, but it's still a highly enjoyable diversion. True Grit with ten times more carnage!. And the excerpts from the main comic collected in the latter half of this volume have some absolutely great stuff with the aforementioned dynamic. Can't wait for Volume 4!

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, April 26, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Downgrade in Quality, February 26, 2013
This review is from: Preacher Book Three (Hardcover)
Most other reviewers have commented on the content of the story in this volume, as well as Preacher in general. So, I won't say much on that except that Preacher overall is amazing, deserving of five stars as a comic (although, I must admit I dislike some of the side stories - such as the arc involving Arseface in this volume which, while amusing, feels mostly like unnecessary filler).

So, why only three stars? Well, this particular edition started off amazing and high quality, but for some reason this Book 3 took a downturn. The binding is still nice, and the dustjacket high quality, but the change in paper thickness and quality on this volume from the prior two is remarkable and disappointing.

In addition to lower quality and thinner paper, the colors are dulled. This might be due to the paper's effect absorbing the ink differently, rather than the ink itself...not sure. But the overall result is nowhere near as vibrant and energetic as with the first two volumes.

If you like Preacher and already have the first two hardback volumes, it is definitely worth continuing with this one (despite the relatively high cost). I just felt it necessary to give it a review like this to try and tell the publisher that their slipping on quality was clearly noted, and this fan is not pleased.

I just hope they didn't continue this lesser quality in book 4 and beyond... I guess I'll find out when I get to them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what promised, March 17, 2011
Mark A.Smith (Oklahoma City, OKLAHOMA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Preacher Book Three (Hardcover)
I love preacher, but this place is full of it! Item I ordered was NEW still in shrink wrap, BUT NO!! I got an open copy with a huge used sticker on it that when pealing off torn teh cover...... Never buy from this vendor agin

Preacher Book Three
Preacher Book Three by Garth Ennis (Hardcover - December 21, 2010)
$39.99 $29.16