Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Precalculus (8th Edition)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 13, 2013
Excellent book for self study: Clear explanation and easy paced. This book along with 'Precalculus: Graphs and Models' by Marvin Bittinger will be sufficient
on January 14, 2013
I had to buy this book for my college class and while it had some helpful examples, it uses the term itself in the definition for said terms which is the most confusing thing any math book could do, especially for someone like myself who is just god awful at math. Maybe I'm just dumb and don't understand math speak, but really, shouldn't a textbook be trying to help me understand? Examples are pretty good even though it seems to skip some steps and I get lost. Fortunately I had a good teacher and the book was just kind of around as extra. I still wish it had been more helpful.
on September 11, 2011
This textbook is just that. A textbook. i found this book to have very good information and ways of getting that information across to me. It comes with a C-Drom that can go over each section on the computer. good index in the back of the book and learning tools to help you remember what you learned in past math classes.
on June 1, 2010
The best part that make this book stand out is the way it presents trigonometry. Take those chapters out, ignore the answer sheet (really, they shouldn't be solutions if the ends are not accompanied by the means), take a class with an excellent teacher, you're set for calculus.
on March 23, 2016
This is without a doubt the worst math book I've ever had the misfortune of using. It doesn't doesn't go in to any amount of detail as to how to solve half the problems it gives.
on July 9, 2015
Works great.
on May 17, 2016
Great book
on March 24, 2016
Review
on January 4, 2015
This was purchased years ago for my daughters college course, Not sure how to rate it, she indicated that the book was what she was looking for because the University of Texas had run out of them.
on October 18, 2014