Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Size: Large|Color: Black|Change

on March 20, 2007
This is not a dog bed. There isn't any cushion to this item. It is a dog mat. It does have a water proof backing and a chenille type material on top. I thought I was buying a bed but what I got was a cage mat to lay on the bottom of my dogs crate. If you are looking for a bed, don't buy this item. I gave it three stars because the quality is good but the item description is deceiving.

********** I purchased this item back in 2007*************** It is November of 2011 and I am adding information to my review because of negative comments I have received which make it seem as if I could not read or did not pay attention to the product title when I purchased this item.

Back in 2007 I purchased (here is the exact title of the description that I copied from my Amazon order listed under my account) a " Precision Pet SnooZZy Sleeper Bed, Medium/Large 4000, 35" x 23", Black (Pet Supplies)" As you can see, 4 years ago it was listed as a PET BED not a MAT. I am glad the manufacturer changed the item description because it is indeed a mat, not a bed which is why I gave it three stars instead of 5. If I knew it was a MAT at the time I was looking to purchase a pet bed I would not have bought it because I was not looking for a mat. With that said, the quality of this mat is very good. So if you are looking for a mat I would definitely get this mat for your pet. I guess my review caused the manufacturer to change the name of the product which is good for all of you looking to purchase either a mat or bed for your pet. At least you won't get something you weren't looking to buy which is what happened to me back in '07.
88 comments|229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 24, 2006
This item is not so much a pet bed as a mat, and a small one at that. If you are considering it for a dog, before buying it, you may want to measure how much space your dog takes up when resting. For a single cat, or even two, the size is good.

The top side is a fluffy surface. The reverse is plain, with closely spaced small dots of rubberized material. To some degree, it stays in place--especially if placed on top of a non-slippery surface, such as an upholstered piece of furniture. On something slippery, it tends to buckle and/or wrinkle as the animal moves about.

DOWN SIDE: There is no real insulating layer between the pet and a surface such as a tile/concrete/other hard surface floor.

UP SIDE: This mat is easily transported. If you want to define a place for a small dog to stay when you visit friends or family, this may serve your purpose. (We used ours during obedience training classes.) It washes easily on the gentle cycle.

OTHER USES: Works as a liner for a kennel. (Use a folder towel underneath as padding for comfort.) Also useful as an easy-to-wash inside liner for a cushioned pet bed.
on January 5, 2006
This is nothing more than a rectangle of black plush fabric. There are no raised edges on it to give the pet a feel of it being a "bed". I really wish they had an image of this before I bought it, but hopefully this review will prevent any of you from making the same mistake.

This would serve OK as a mat inside a pet carrier or dog house and will suit UP TO a medium size dog. It IS only $5, but whether or not that is worth it is up to you. I reckon a scrap from a fabric store would be just about as sufficient.
11 comment|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2007
I have a greyhound who loves to dig at his bedding. He has ripped up old comforters as well as expensive stuffed beds. This is perfect because it is padded for him but he can dig at it without ripping it.
on June 30, 2007
This product is really soft and my dogs love it! Another perk, it washes great!
on April 16, 2007
The mat is super plush, very nice, wish I had one for myself. My dog loves it. Treat your friend and get one for him/her.
on April 5, 2008
This pet sleep bed has a great price, however if you're looking for something thick and comfortable for yor pet this isn't the bed for you.
on December 27, 2015
I purchased this mat to cover an area in my ferret's cage in the hopes it would be soft on his feet and make it less noisy when he would have his itching fits on the plastic tray. Boy was I surprised when he immediately started rubbing himself all over the mat as soon as I put it in - he loved it! Within an hour or two he was fast asleep on it. It does keep the noise down and provides another sleeping area but the mat does shed as other reviewers have mentioned. In addition, if you have a scratcher, the stitching will start to come up. There are grippy dots on the bottom of the mat to keep it in place but not near enough - my ferret moves it easily. It's not the best made pet mat but my ferret sure does love it. It's easy to clean, the price is right, and I will likely order another to replace the current one.
review image
VINE VOICEon June 25, 2008
These are not high quality beds, but more a crate liner, which is what I purchased it for. My dog chews up everything, and these are no different. On the plus side, they were pretty cheap, but once she finishes destroying these I will look for something else.
on September 28, 2014
After many months of tiny squirts around the periphery of my throne, I established my dominance over the other subjects by thoroughly dousing my throne (which my human servant refers to as her bed) with my scent. The impertinent human servant staged an uprising and locked the castle door while I was on progress with my subjects, preventing me and my retinue from gaining entry to the castle and my throne.

Instead, the servant placed me on this black mat which is made of very soft material with a rubberized backing. It was placed on a flat pillow on top of a chair in a nearby castle. Because it is black it matches my fur - that is the good part. But how are my subjects (the other cats) to know this is MY new throne? My subjects, especially the black female, are constantly sitting on this new throne.

Obviously, the 5-star rating is from my human servant, not from me. I prefer to sit on my old throne, piled with soft pillows. But this will do until I work out a plan to recapture the castle, sit upon my throne and banish the servant from my kingdom until she learns to serve me better.