5.0 out of 5 stars Most accurate Ketone measurement
I only use this for meauring ketones while striving for nutritional ketosis.

I don't use the BGL monitor because i would have to recalibrate it when switching from ketone to BGL.

Independant testing showed this brand to be the most accurate so that is whay I chose it.

Downside is ketone strips are pricey, but worth the cost when compared...
Published 18 months ago by Sandi Shores

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the "no code" test strip conversion!!!
Published 14 months ago by Deborah Savadra

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the "no code" test strip conversion!!!, April 20, 2013
This review is from: Precision Xtra Advanced Diabetes Management System 1 ea (Health and Beauty)
Received this meter and test strips (shipped from a different vendor but still ordered from Amazon) this week and got a very rude surprise. Turns out Abbott (the manufacturer) is converting all their new test strips (I bought Precision Xtra Blood Glucose Test Strips Box of 50ct) to "no coding," meaning that the testing units do not require calibration with each new box of test strips you open.

The bad news is, THIS meter DOES require coding it with the test strip's lot number. So basically, I got sold a brand-spanking-new, *obsolete* meter!!

I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with Abbott Diabetes Care (overseas call center) trying to figure out why my test strips did not have a calibration strip and why the meter kept asking for a lot number, finally determining that the test strips they're now selling do not work with the meter being sold here. Thankfully, Abbott is sending me a new meter free of charge to replace the old meter (not sure if what I'm getting will test ketones as well -- hope so!). Otherwise, I'd have been sending this one back for a refund.

The meter itself looks to be quite simple to use. It's just unconscionable that this model is *still* being sold, given that the supply of compatible test strips is dwindling due to Abbott discontinuing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most accurate Ketone measurement, December 25, 2012
I only use this for meauring ketones while striving for nutritional ketosis.

Downside is ketone strips are pricey, but worth the cost when compared to the cost of poor health.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!, October 9, 2013
This is the OLD meter that no longer works with the current test strips! I just got off of the phone with Abbott who told me this. I also wasted a nearly $6 (current) test strip by sticking it into this outdated meter. It was dishonest and misleading not to make this fact clear up front!

1.0 out of 5 stars Outdated Model, October 26, 2013
It is very unethical to sell an outdated model when you know the current strips are not going to work with it.
I should have listened to the advice on these pages but thought the problem would be fixed. Do not order a model unless it has "no coding" written on the front.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ketonic Diet Management, May 29, 2013
One of the few systems able to measure ketones as well as glucose. Easy to use, easy to get fresh supplies from local drugstores.
Consistent accurate results in less than 15 seconds from two drops of blood when you do both measurements. Know definitely if you are dropping your carbohydrates enough to get into mild Ketosis and fat burning mode instead of fat-storing mode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, February 5, 2013
This meter does both glucose and ketones. Seems accurate, easy to use. Using it to monitor weight loss. Everyone benefits knowing their blood sugars!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT THE VERSION PICTURED, October 5, 2013
If you were looking to replace an older style monitor (the white one, as pictured here)
because you liked it, or the lancing device better than the newer versions......DO NOT BUY THIS
What arrived was the newer version, of which we have about 6 already.

1.0 out of 5 stars Requires way too much blood for sampling, November 20, 2013
Robert Mccullough "Robert McCullough" (Los Angeles Area, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The large amount of blood that you need to give this device to get a reading is absolutely ridiculous. There have been numerous occasions where I cant get enough blood for the device without poking my self two or three times and other times I don't get the blood in enough time and wind up wasting a stick.

3.0 out of 5 stars This gives me some idea of my blood sugar but A1C reading are always much lower., September 9, 2013
I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes and, since I really do not want the full-blown version, I am trying to find out the foods that affect me most. To aid in obtaining that information, I take my blood sugar levels often. My averages using this product run about 15 points above my AIC levels. Hopefully it at least helps me see the effects of various foods. I am now using a different and more accurate system for my pre-prandial readings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 6, 2014
Very accurate

Precision Xtra Advanced Diabetes Management System 1 ea
$22.50 $20.03
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies