More About the Author
ROBIN SAX IS . . .
A Former Sex-Crimes D.A.
Robin Sax is a former Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney who specialized in prosecuting sex crimes against children. For over fifteen years Robin has prosecuted some of the most despicable defendants who committed the most heinous crimes.
* As one of the prosecuting attorneys for the Child Sexual Assault division of the Los Angeles County Sex Crimes Unit, Robin worked with a multi-disciplinary team at UCLA's Rape Treatment Center/The Stuart House.
* While working with law enforcement, victims' advocates, social workers, and members of the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services, she investigated and prosecuted hundreds of child sexual assault cases.
A Legal Commentator
Robin has been a guest analyst and commentator for several national television shows, commenting on many hi-profile news stations, including CNN Larry King Live, HLN Nancy Grace, NBC Today Show, and Fox Geraldo at Large. She has commentated on high profile cases including Michael Jackson, Casey Anthony, Natalee Holloway, Stacy Peterson, Baby Grace, Jaycee Dugard, Bobby Cutts, OJ Simpson and others.
* Robin is a partner in the Justice Interrupted advocacy radio show with Stacy Dittrich (police officer) and Susan Murphy Milano (violence expert). The Justice Interrupted team highlights cases that have not received the media attention they deserve and Robin, along with Stacy and Susan, advocate for victim's rights, appropriate sentences, and justice.
* Through her Kid Scene Investigation programs, Robin teaches hundreds of parents how to get tech savvy, recognize the symptoms of Internet danger, identify cyber crimes and cyber bullying, and develop a personalized Internet protocol for their family.
* Robin has been an expert for People Magazine, MomLogic, The Globe Newspaper and many other print and online publications.
Robin has written six books that draw upon her vast experience as a sex-crimes prosecutor, legal commentator, child advocate and parenting expert.
* Titles include:
* "Predators and Child Molesters: A Sex Crimes D.A. Answers 100 of The Most
Asked Questions" (April '09)
* "The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Criminal Justice System" (April '09)
* "It Happens Every Day: Inside the Life of a Sex Crimes D.A.," (Fall '09)
* "Women's Legal Lives: Reaching the Bar" (Book 1 in series-Spring '09)
* "Women's Legal Lives: Raising the Bar" (Book 2 in series-Fall '09)
* "Everything I Learned About Parenting I Learned In Court" (June '10)
* Robin is a weekly contributor for Huffington Post and Psychology Today.
* She is one of the founding authors of Women in Crime Ink (a blog about crime and media issues from women criminal justice professionals and authors).
* Robin has a weekly SaxFacts blog and Newsletter found on www.robinsax.com, which is a weekly email update on all of Robin's media appearances, publications, appearances/activities and also provides resources for everything from scouting for a nanny to getting a trust notarized.
An Educator and Speaker
For over a decade, Robin has been an in-demand public speaker on the topics of child sexual assault, family violence, domestic abuse, stalking, Internet safety, and the criminal justice system. She also regularly shares her valuable insight and expertise with members of the Los Angeles Police Department, Sheriff's Department, and the California District Attorney's Association.
* Robin is an adjunct professor of Women and Crime at Cal State Los Angeles and a lecturer on criminal law and the justice system in UCLA's Paralegal Training Program.
* In her program, "You Be the Judge," a kids' mock trial program, Robin poses hypothetical ethical dilemmas for children to discuss, ponder, argue, and resolve.
* Robin coaches junior and senior high school mock trial teams for the Constitutional Rights Foundation and mentors high school students who want to learn more about life as a prosecutor.
A Community Leader
Because Robin has worked tirelessly to protect children from sexual abuse and support victims of domestic abuse she has received many community commendations including being recognized by the Women's Political Caucus, Agape Foundation, Justice for Homicide Victims and the American Bar Association.
* In 2001, Robin created the highly successful Kids Safe Day(C), a free program targeted at communities to help educate parents and children. Several organizations now sponsor Kids Safe Days, which provide information about child abuse, sexual assault, abduction, and domestic violence, give members of the community an opportunity to meet law enforcement and public safety personnel and equip families with fingerprints and photos of their children.
* Robin is on advisory boards for PAVE (Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment), The Awareness Center (organization dedicated to addressing sexual violence and abuse), and the NEST Foundation (building awareness for human trafficking).
Robin lives with her husband and three children in Los Angeles, California.
Contact Robin Sax at email@example.com * www.robinsax.com * 310.650.6494 * 310.479.6494.
Follow Robin on twitter@RobinSax