Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on December 30, 2012
I am not a big one for science fiction and I loved this story! Fast paced plot no drawing things out great charectors to love and despise. Perfect blend of fictional story telling with enough science fiction to make u contemplate the what it's. Loved the storylines. So many great villians to hate on while getting a good chuckle out of the crazy cat lady neighbor. Recommend highly.
on December 28, 2012
I bought this book on a whim after coming across this author on Twitter. I wasn't sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed reading it. Lost some sleep, but that's okay. The characters where both lovable and hateable. This book had a lot going on and totally kept me guessing throughout as to what was going to happen! I will read this author again and would reccommend this book. Wouldn't mind if the pups in this book showed up again somewhere down the line!
on December 28, 2012
I just finished this book and have to say it was an entertaining read. There was a supernatural element and a great suspense element to it. I must say that when I first started reading this book I thought it was two completely separate stories, but the more I read the more it became clear it was one story like two trains on the same track heading to meet each other. The characters were likeable on the good guys side and the bad guys were truly bad. It maybe me but the character of Patrick McTreaty reminded me of Michael Clark Duncan. The only problem I had with this book was about two or three typos, but they didn't take away from the story or slowly it down. As for the three dogs I can't say very much just that they play a key role in the story. As for the Marine, Casper Brown, just a dad looking out for his family and friends.
on March 16, 2015
I've read three of his books so far and I ain't stopping there. His work just keeps getting better and better.
He has a real gift for story telling and I'd explain what I mean by that, but I have a collection of his short stories to get to, sorry. Not sorry. ;)
on September 17, 2014
Every time I thought I knew what would happen, twists and turns occurred. This is a very interesting story. I don't think I have enjoyed a dog story more. Also found another author to rival Laurell Hamilton. Keep up the WONDERFUL writing.
on September 11, 2014
It was a good book. As a dog and animal person it didn't take long to become engrossed in the story. It does have a bit of horror, paranormal, and bad guys. A few tiny things were not made clear, but it did seem to leave the door open for a part 2. No matter, I, personally did enjoy the read.
on April 19, 2013
This book was well...weird...not sure where it was going or where it came from; but for some reason it kept my interest. I still am not sure why the dogs came into the picture and where the psycho scorpions came from but it was an okay read. I don't think this will be a book for everyone but there is quite a bit of murder and mayhem in a little tiny town full of weird people wait til you meet Uriah....
on June 19, 2013
Casper Brown, a retired Marine officer, has done his time in the dangers of Iraq and settled down in the something like a city Shadeland, Indiana. He and his wife Maggie and their three children have a nice house and nice existence in a place where he assumes nothing is going to happen to mar the good life. A simple event, though, like a dropping of a bag over a bridge with something alive in it stirs his instincts for preservation of life and he dives unquestionably into cold and dangerous rapids, nearly killing him. Recuperating, he finds himself the unexpected owner of three stray dogs loved by his family and oddly connected with him. This is just the beginning of a mystery he will pursue with the help of two friends in law enforcement and the three stray dogs who prove to be true blue and protective of their masters.
The novel Predatory Animals is a pure action story of intrigue and schemes, evil unleashed by the mysterious Uriah, and the family bond that cements the Brown family and their allies. Gabriel Beyers works the threads of three plots, weaving the threads together culminating in an explosive, heart pounding, and emotion tugging climax. The villains in the work are laced with a mean and vicious intent to kill all opposition. The dark force brought to this world by Uriah are feeding on humans with intent to propagate and subdue us. Our heroes, very human, might be enough to stop the slings and arrows thrown their way in a spirit of courage and with the aid of three very strange dogs. Call this a case of the Good, the Ugly, and the Bad. Predatory Animals is recommended for all readers who love action, the core cementing the family bonds, and the true loyalty of our friends the canines.
on June 22, 2013
I was gifted a copy for this book for an honest review.
I actually finished this book a couple of days ago and it's taken me a while to be able to write my review. This paranormal thriller pulled me in that deep I'm still having trouble letting go.
During the first chapter I'll be honest and say I really couldn't get in to the book. I had to keep stopping and using Google to search the meaning of some words. I'm far from illiterate and think it could have been more of a language barrier. However, I've never had this issue before reading books from other American authors.
Once I got past the first chapter I was hooked. What I like about this book is it's not a `who's done it' book. You know exactly `who's done it' and there is plenty of `who's doing it' from different angles. The author has not only allowed us to see into the mind of Casper, the good guy, but also the Pummel family, the bad guys, the scorpion `the paranormal geezer' and some of the victims.
The relationship between Casper and his wife is very `real' and not one of these relationships where because it's in a book it's perfect. It draws you in deeper because you can connect easier, because it's more real.
There was not a point in this book where I could of predicted what was to come next. It kept you on edge wondering exactly what the next move was and who was going to make it.
Although this is a thriller I found some great one liners dropped in there and found humour in some of the traits of the characters.
All in all a great read!
on February 6, 2016
why the dog hating? these are great dogs they protect his kids but he has issues with them... havent finished this yet but the book gets too caught up in the ex military guys personal issues when there is a lot of other things of far more inmportance going on