Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pregnancy Day By Day
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 29, 2009
This is my FAVORITE BABY BOOK!!!!! When I found out I was pregnant I was so excited I went out on a baby book shopping rampage. I bought books both new and used hoping to get an early attachment to my baby. My biggest complaint was they all seemed to be either month or trimester grouped as far as information. Thats fine..but I was getting tired of reading general information and answers to other women's questions instead really learning what I wanted to know..what was happening DAILY to ME.

I had never heard of anything that even discussed DAILY info until I found this book at the local library..after checking it out 3 times in a row I knew it was time to purchase it for myself. I would have paid the full price of $40, but thankfully amazon was cheaper.

It was EXACTLY what I wanted. The pictures are amazing and really give you a personal view of what your baby is actually doing. The one a day page set up is fantastic. It takes about 3 minutes to read and gives you the updates you're looking for (today your baby is growing its finger nails, yawned for the first time, can cry..etc) The BEST part of all is for the 1st trimester it has an EXACT SIZE picture at the end of each week so you know just how big your baby really is. Its mind boggling to watch it triple in size in just 1 month :)

To sum it all up..
This book is well worth the money. I will be buying a copy for anyone I know that gets pregnant in the furture and even my parents who are too far away to see me daily are having fun following along in their copy. My only extra advice is to get a clear plastic book cover as you will be using it so much the paper jacket gets a little worn out. :)
on June 12, 2015
All in all, a great book to have and the only pregnancy book I needed.

PROS:
This book is filled with amazing pictures and is a must have for any mother to be. It's great to be able to read a page a day and know what's happening in there. I have gone back to it for each of my pregnancies and always learn something new. Filled with valuable information.

CONS:
There is only a few bad things with this book and the biggest one for me is that there are quite a bit of topless women pictures that I could really live without. It can make you feel unconfy reading it next to other people or older children.
The second thing is that there are a few errors/discrepancies in some of the info (baby size, weight etc).

Still a great choice though!
on April 8, 2010
This is the best book in market. It explains every stage of pregnancy in detail. There are hardly any questions which is not been answered here.
It explains Pain management(like aqua therapy, meditation, hypnosys etc), birth complications, Risk of each procedure, Nutrition, What to expect each week etc.
Every page has High resolution ultrasound pictures of babies.
The book is definately worth its cost
on December 10, 2014
I love this pregnancy book. When I first found out I was pregnant, I read the reviews for many books in an attempt to find the most scientific and realistic book. This book is filled with information and my husband and I love reading it together every night. It explains the baby's development and common feelings for both the mother and husband. Some of the information is a little repetitive, but overall it is very informative. I'm only at 18 weeks so I can't speak for the chapters on labor and what to expect after birth, but I'd expect that they'd be every bit as informative as what I've read so far. The book also contains interesting facts about multiples if you happen to be expecting multiples.
on August 26, 2013
It's funny that I just found this book and I am currently 36 weeks pregnant! I'm in an unusual category in that I can access the book electronically via an university database, otherwise I never would have found it. I have at least two of the other major pregnancy books on the market - What to Expect and the Mayo Guide. The thing I like about Pregnancy Day by Day is that it has a lot of pictures (especially useful for me in the sections regarding actual labor and delivery) AND it's actually FUN to read. The pictures/illustrations make the book much more engaging and easy to read. Furthermore, the hands-on/illustrated feel of this book helps to demystify the labor process a lot.

I did scroll through the earlier parts of the book regarding early pregnancy even though I am in my third trimester. It does seem like it would be great to have this book throughout the whole nine months. For the earlier parts of pregnancy, the illustrations and "interesting facts" provided by the book aren't essential medical knowledge, but they are fun and interesting to look at! I stopped going to my other pregnancy guides b/c they got to be so boring (Reading the other guides will force you to first visualize your fetus as the size of a peach, then an orange, then a chuck roast, then a watermelon... You get the picture, it's not nearly as fun as seeing actual color/detailed illustrations as provided by this book!).

I would recommend pairing this book with one of the other pregnancy manuals such as What to Expect or the Mayo. Read this book to keep yourself entertained and engaged, and use the other book for the practical dry/boring (but important) advice regarding what occurs during pregnancy that you can read quickly. This book is very practical regarding the labor/delivery process. It's harder for me to assess the practicality of the earlier parts of this book, but I do believe the information is in there.

I think this would be a GREAT gift for an expectant mom - it's fun, it makes one excited about having a parasite growing inside of them, it gives good information, what else could you ask for?
on June 22, 2016
This ending up becoming my favorite book about pregnancy...and I own a lot! What I love is that it gives you information for EVERY single day. This helped keep me sane with my first pregnancy and I also learned a ton about both my body and my baby. It is easy to follow and has tons of great pictures. I highly recommend this book
on November 26, 2013
I bought this book so that I would have something to read every evening of my pregnancy. I enjoy reading all the information that the book has. However, I have been coming to find that the information the book gives me is information that I have already been learning as I have been going along in my pregnancy. I would recommend it for first time moms who don't have a lot of internet access. Anyone else could probably save their money.
on November 24, 2012
This is by far the most informative book I've read during my pregnancy and I've read a lot. I loved that there was a page for every single day of my pregnancy. I loved looking at the photographs of the developing baby. There's some great advice in this book - I recommend it to everybody.
on March 5, 2014
Now that you know you are pregnant you need an excellent pregnancy guide. Who hasn't heard of What to Expect When You're Expecting. The day I peed on the stick and found out I was pregnant I was determined to get the what to expect book I have heard about so much. I am so glad it wasn't available in the bookstore I went to since, as I later found out, it can scare the hell out of you! Well don't get me wrong, if you like horror stories, you should definitely get it but if you prefer a beautifully illustrated professional guide that explains what happens with you and your baby day by day Pregnancy Day By Day is for you. I found it in a bookstore by chance and was shocked to see that it's not at all marketed. Well I'm only recommending it because I believe it's the best! And now that you have this professional guide to pregnancy, you need a book that will give you a few laughs about it too - I recommend Bumptabulous: 20 Moms Expose Pregnancy - 20 funny moms will vividly describe what pregnancy means to them - just be careful not to pee yourself a little ;)
on April 29, 2016
Great comprehensive book with LOTS of great information! I left it on the counter open to each day in my pregnancies so that my husband could read it and know what's going on too. I think it really helped him prepare for the baby too. Also, any company that was interested could see too. Would suggest to anyone pregnant or interested in pregnancy!!