5.0 out of 5 stars this stuff works
Published 16 months ago by steph

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok
was hoping for it to induce my period but nothing yet, but i like the fact you cant taste it in your drink
Published 6 months ago by Summer

5.0 out of 5 stars this stuff works, March 5, 2013
This review is from: Pregnitude Reproductive Support Dietary Supplement 60 packets (Health and Beauty)
After almost 4 years of trying to conceive, undiagnosed infertility, stage 4 endometriosis, 2 failed iui's, and negative after negative test results, my new obgyn told me about this product. "it can't hurt to just try." she said. I got my first positive test yesterday after taking it for only a little over one month. I am still in shock! We were even able to conceive the natural way... No fertility meds this cycle! I have no doubt in my mind that it is because of pregnitude, and I cannot wait to hug my doctor! I would give this product a hundred stars if I could and strongly urge anyone with similar issues to give it a try and don't give up hope!

5.0 out of 5 stars So grateful I found pregnitude!, October 11, 2013
I have Pcos, I do not ovulate on my own. Had been ttc for over 9 years! Started taking pregnitude on June 1, 2012, on cd10 I ovulated! I took a pregnancy test at 11dpo and it was positive! My baby was born on valentines day and couldn't be happier. I truly recommend this product for anyone trying to conceive. It's worth a shot! The side effect are really minimal I only had a headache and an upset stomach the first day I took it.
Currently I ordered this again and will be giving it to a friend who is ttc, hopefully it helps her also!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pregnitude: A First-Line Natural Treatment for all Women with PCOS, November 24, 2013
Pregnitude: A First-Line Natural Treatment for all Women with PCOS
By Angela Grassi, MS, RDN, LDN for the PCOS Nutrition Center Blog ([...])

Don't let the name of this product fool you: Pregnitude is a high-quality myo-inositol (MYO) supplement for all women with PCOS, not just those looking to get pregnant. Before I tell you why, I want to briefly discuss what MYO is and how it can improve PCOS.

What is Myo-Inositol?
A member of the B vitamins, MYO is believed to improve egg quality and acts as a secondary messenger involved in glucose utilization. It's believed that women with PCOS may have a defect in secondary messengers contributing to insulin resistance.

How I explain this to my patients with PCOS is this: when we eat foods, mostly carbohydrates, they get converted into glucose in our blood stream. We need the glucose to enter our cells to be used for energy. When blood glucose levels rise, a signal (imagine a doorbell is rung) is sent from the cell door to the nucleus telling it to open up. However, with PCOS, the doorbell on the cell door may be defective. This means that it takes longer for the cells to open its doors to glucose resulting in higher amounts of insulin needing to be secreted. MYO, as a secondary messenger, acts to repair the doorbell so that the cell doors open in response to glucose, resulting in less insulin needing to be secreted.

Health benefits of myo-inositol
MYO is one of the most studied of supplements in women with PCOS. In addition to lowering glucose and insulin levels, MYO has been shown to improve lipid and androgen levels, blood pressure and egg quality in women with PCOS. It has also been shown to aid in weight loss. You can read more about these benefits in our previous blog post and fact sheet about MYO. Because of its numerous benefits, MYO should be considered as a first-line approach in the treatment of all women PCOS, not just those looking to get pregnant.

About Pregnitude
Now let me tell you why I like Pregnitude. Pregnitude is a tasteless white powder that gets dissolved in water. Each dose of pregnitude contains 2 grams of MYO and 200 mcg folic acid and comes in individually sealed packets. This makes it convenient to take on the go which will increase consistent use. Other than MYO and folic acid, there are no more ingredients, artificial colors, gluten, or sugars added. Compared to some other supplements marketed to women with PCOS, Pregnitude is affordable at $39/box (60 packets, at least a one month supply). Pregnitude is distributed by Everette Labs and has been used in Europe for years as INFOLIC.

Personally, I was thrilled with the results of taking Pregnitude (at the PCOS Nutrition Center, we don't recommend a product unless we've used it). At my last physical, I discussed taking Pregnitude with my doctor. I had initial blood work done to check my cholesterol and glucose and then took 2 packets of Pregnitude (the recommended dose) each day for 3 months. I didn't alter my diet, exercise or supplement use.

During this period, I experienced bouts of low blood sugar. My doctor recommended I decrease my metformin by 500 mg and I never experienced low blood sugar again while taking Pregnitude. Lean women with PCOS or those that don't have severe insulin resistance may not need the full dose of MYO at 4 grams/day. If you are planning on trying Pregnitude, you may want to start out with one packet per day (2 g MYO) for a week to see how you respond.

After 3 months, I repeated my blood work and am pleased to share the results with you: my HDL (the "good" cholesterol) went up 5 points and my CRP went down 1 point. I also saw improvements in glucose as measured by HA1C. An unexpected surprise was that my hair was thicker. Not bad for only 3 months! I plan on continuing with Pregnitude and will get blood taken again (Septemeber 2013) to further assess any improvements in my health. I am also assessing data on clients using Pregnitude and will update on both.

Side Effects
Besides the possibility of low blood sugar, Pregnitude is well tolerated. High doses of MYO may have additive effects when taken concurrently with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) and selective serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) antidepressant medications. You should use caution when combining high doses of MYO with St. John's Wort or other herbal products or medications that may reduce blood sugar (such as metformin, byetta). Taking Pregnitude with food may minimize low blood sugar.

Check out my follow up 6 month review of Pregnitude at [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Successful PCOS Story!, January 7, 2014
I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 17. I have always had irregular cycles, often completely skipping a month or two at a time. Doctors told me that there was a good chance I would never be able to conceive without medical assistance. Fortunately, my husband and I were blessed to get pregnant with our first child in just 3 short months with no medical assistance, and we conceived our second child, again with no medical help, when our first was only 10 months old. To that point, I had never been on any forms of birth control. After my second child was born, I started taking the "mini-pill" for birth control for approximately 10 months. After coming off birth control, my cycles were more regulated than they had ever been, and I got pregnant 5 months later. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at around 5 weeks due to low progesterone levels. After I miscarried, my cycles became very irregular again. My husband and I tried for several months to conceive again with no luck. Finally, a friend of mine who had also suffered a miscarriage recommended Pregnitude to me. She started taking it, and got pregnant before she even finished the first box! I discussed it with my doctor and decided to give it a try as well. I got pregnant just 2 months later. :) I highly recommend trying this product. It certainly won't hurt! Praying it will be a blessing to many others, as it has been for my friend and me. :)
*Note: The directions say to mix the Pregnitude packet in a glass of water. I always just dumped the powder directly into my mouth and let it dissolve. It's practically tasteless (has a slightly sweet taste if anything; not bitter or anything bad at all), and it was much easier/quicker to take it like that instead of trying to gulp it down in a glass of water. Just a suggestion! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars PCOS/TTC...its working!, October 30, 2012
Taken Pregnitude for three weeks....and it brought on AF!!! I have been TTC for 2 yrs. Never have AF without meds, and within three weeks of taking this product AF is here! Ordering my next box and praying for BFP!

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS!, June 23, 2014
this is pretty much a miracle. i have pcos, totally anovulatory. took 4 YEARS of IVF to have our first baby. i took pregnitude for less than 4 weeks and got pregnant. i am in total, utter shock. clomid and injectables failed to make me ovulate.. but this.. worked. for reference i am a "lean cyster".. TOTALLY COMPLETELY anovulatory prior to using this. give it a try if you have pcos, you never know!! if only they had named it something less ridiculous!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, December 6, 2013
Bought this for my wife who has PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) and it helps out a lot with her hormones and mood. She says it is tasteless if fully dissolved and if not it's kinda sweet. She had been going on a 90 day cycle before starting and after only 4 days of use she started and since has been getting more regular.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me!, May 6, 2014
I've had irregular periods my entire life so I knew that would be an issue when my husband and I started TTC. I started taking pregnitude after not having my period or ovulating (based on BBT and no poisitve OPKs) for more than 3 months (6 months total of TTC). Within a week, I felt a significant decrease in my appetite and had an easier time losing weight. The powder is pretty much tasteless. But I did notice I felt dried out and needed to drink more water after taking it. There were a couple of mornings that I missed taking it so I just doubled the amount in the evening and didn't notice anything (except again, needing to drink more water). After 6 weeks of taking it, I got a positive OPK and ovulated (based on BBT). Two weeks after that I got my first BFP! I am definitely pleased with this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to sing from the mountaintops! (for PCOS), July 16, 2013
Carol H (Arlington Heights IL) - See all my reviews
My OBGYN actually recommended this product for me to treat mild PCOS. I am a 30 yr old female, currently not trying to conceive, but I also do not want to be on birth control. I had really long cycles around 36-39 days long, I would ovulate really late in the cycle around day 19 or 20. I have borderline high testosterone which was causing thinning hair, hair loss, acne, and facial hair. I am also taking other supplements, including biotin (hair loss) and saw palmetto (acne) to help with these other symptoms due to high testosterone. But I was AMAZED at what only 2 months of myo-inositol has done. I wouldn't have even known about it, if it weren't for my OBGYN's suggestion. After 2 months, I had a normal cycle. - 28 days long, ovulating on day 15. I couldn't believe it!!! I may switch over to Jarrow Formulas Inositol Powder to help cut down on the cost and see if I have the same effect. If you deal with PCOS and you want to regulate your cycles without using birth control consider trying out Pregnitude.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing !!!, April 23, 2013
I have been recently diagnosed with pcos and have had irregular periods for as long as i can remember but now that i started taking Pregnitude it has allowed me to recieve a natural cycle with no medication. Hopefully this will continue to give me continued success.

Rate and Discover Movies