Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

• Prem
  • Customer Reviews

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$7.99

on March 22, 2004
Beautiful, serene, addictive! I don't want to repeat what's already here, so suffice it to say that this album is the kind of music one can use sitting alone on a large body of water at sunrise, during the birth of a child, as background music for all that is beauty and peace in life. It is a true gem among music.

I recently drove 20 miles past my exit on the highway because I was so peaceful and content in the music... And you know what, because of the music - the drive back to my exit was a joy! If I knew you personally, I'd tell you that if you don't like it, I'll buy it from you just so I could give to someone else. It's simply that good.

---------------------------- UPDATE ----------------------------

Well, it's been over 3 years since I originally wrote this review (it's now Dec 7th, 2007) and this disc still stays in our cars, home, and on our iPods (my wife loves this CD as well!) We bought several copies because we kept stealing it from one another, or leaving it where we weren't and wanted it. We have somewhere near 4000 CDs in our collection and this is still one of the most cherished. I had to ween myself off of listening to it all the time just so I could hear other music...

If you are reading this because you are considering this CD, as a 25+ year recording engineer/producer, fan and experimenter of all things music across all categories, and a very spiritual person as well - I cannot recommend this CD enough. It might not be for everyone but I have a hard time believing that everyone would not appreciate the music on this disc at least at one/some point in their lives. It is peaceful and uplifting while being simple and inviting.

If you think you'll have an issue because you don't understand the words (non-English lyrics), just read the liner notes and my guess is that concern will quickly melt away.

Snatam's other albums are also wonderful. This one is still my personal favorite. I can truly say that I have time-tested it, and one just never tires of this amazingly beautiful collection of music. At least this holds true for me, and many others I know.

All the best & Prem to you,
Chuck
on March 6, 2003
Beautiful CD! At first I didn't fully appreciate the quality of the music....but after I listened to it a few times I was hooked! Now I just listen to it over and over. It is the type of CD that takes a long time to get old and you just want to play all the time. The sound just puts my heart to ease. It makes you feel like "everything is going to be fine"...even though you may be dealing with all kinds of things in your life.
Not just music for pleasure...but music for the soul! I highly recommend this CD.
on December 16, 2004
I discovered Snatam Kaur's "Gobinda Gobinda Hari Hari" from the "Prem" CD in Amazon's Downloadable Music section. After listening to the first few seconds of it, I knew I had to buy the CD. I generally gravitate to more uptempo "active" music, but I find that I love this is incredibly soft, soothing, moving and uplifting sound. It's perfect for meditation, reading, housecleaning, waking up or going to sleep to - you name it. The entire CD is great, but in addition to "Gobinda Gobinda Hari Hari" I find "Waheguru Wahe Jio" particularly beautiful in terms of vocals and rhythm.

2012 Update: I'm STILL listening to this almost 8 years later. Timeless.
on December 9, 2004
Evocative and engrossing...Play this CD during your asana practice and lose yourself in the mantra, moving to organic rhythms that effortlessly synchronize with your breathing. Play while you simply sit with awareness, and Kaur's voice guides you to your divine center within, strengthening the inherent union of mind, body and spirit in each of us! Yoga practitioner or not, make this a part of your collection. You will not be disappointed!

Peace!
on November 7, 2004
This woman has the sweetest, most pure voice. Every person I've played this CD for has gone out and bought it. The song Gobinda Gobinda Hari Hari is absolutely hypnotic and heart-expanding. You won't go wrong with this CD. I've since bought every other CD she's put out.
on January 6, 2003
This music touches that pure innocent place within....these chants are really beautiful, I've enjoyed the music of Deva Premal, Krishna Das and Wah...and this one is in the same camp, "Prem" bares listening to over and over, each time I experience an opening, a tenderness of heart, yes, and tears of graditude, this is a gem....thank you Snatam for your expression of devotion, I look forward to hearing more of your music....
on January 8, 2007
Whether you are a healer, a massage therapist, a meditator or __________, you will find this music STAYS in your energy field! You will hum it as you walk...you will hum it as you shower...you will hum it whenever your mind is quiet and allows it to return you to the "Now."
on December 1, 2005
A few years back, I met Snatam and heard her sing these songs at "new age" music festival and I enjoyed the experience very much. She has such a beautiful vibe and a lovely spirit. I'm so thrilled to have these tracks available on this disc. Snatam's radiant voice respects those ancient traditions of which she is a part of. The music is devotional and moving and the arrangements are simply perfection. The disc encompasses the deep love message with a distinct Indian feel. It always is an uplifting experience that stirs my emotions. This is Rapture of the deep.
on September 14, 2006
This is my favorite music. For meditating with it is perfect: rythmic and evocative, peaceful and fulfilling on a very deep level. I just wish she would put out more albums like this.
on September 13, 2012
Listening to this young woman's voice and the accompaniment is transformative. To fully appreciate its beauty and meditative qualities listen to it in a place where quiet and nature are near. Allowing it to suffuse your being opens your heart channel and directly accesses the door to your soul. From there its pure and blissful. Stay with it in its entirety and you'll be relieved of stress and infused with a new form of energy that is uplifting and healing. We are currently gifted with a growing number of transformative voices on this planet and each is helping bring us through the transformation of consciousness that is now occurring. Snatam Kaur is among those. She is blessed with the Devine moving in her and through her and then sharing that with the world. Namaste :-)