Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Size: Small|Change

on December 31, 2011
This is made from a plastic that emits an extremely strong odor, making it very offensive. After a week the smell has not gone, so I have returned it. In addition to not being able to tolerate it myself, I am concerned that the fumes emitting from this cheap plastic might be harmful to my dogs with continued use (can't be good). After all, their food treats sit in this fuming thing, then their noses are up against it as they get the food out. I certainly would not eat my own food from such material.
on April 4, 2008
We got this for our super chewing Scottie puppy when she was about 6 months old as we were looking for ways to entertain her. She LOVED this item. We kept it loose in the beginning so that the kibble would come out easily until she knew what to do with it. Then we kept making the lid tighter. She is now over 1 year old and this is still her favorite toy. I would highly recommend this item for dogs with a high degree of curiosity!
on September 26, 2008
Premier Twist and Treat / B0002I0RLW

This is a nice little treat dispensing toy, but it's a bit tricky for humans to handle. The toy is shaped like a child's spinning top, with two halves (top and bottom) that unscrew from each other. You unscrew the top half, and try to balance the bottom half with one hand while you pour doggy kibble and tiny, cut-up treats into the bottom half. Once the bottom half is full, you use your "food pouring hand" to screw the top half back on. It's a bit of a balancing act, and I prefer the Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball, because the Omega ball is much easier to fill. Maybe two parent families will have an easier time with the Premier.

As for doggie enjoyment, my puppy likes the Premier Twist and Treat well enough, mostly because he's discovered that one really hard bat of the paw will cause the toy to spin on its axis and pretty much expel all the food right away. (My puppy is currently 4 months old, and 12 pounds.) Once again, for a better time-to-treat ratio, I recommend the Omega ball.

Still, the puppy likes both the Premier and Omega and I like giving him a variety of toys, so this gets 4 stars from me. I have not had any troubles with toy durability, but I'm also blessed with a puppy that doesn't chew very much (yet!). I *highly* recommend filling this toy primarily with the dog's usual kibble, with a few treats interspaced in the mix as "surprises". There's really no need to stuff it full of treats - the puppy enjoys the toy just as much, and it makes "dinner time" a more interactive and exercising experience! I chop my doggie treats up very finely for training purposes and my puppy is always eager for the taste of a treat without filling up or getting sluggish or fat.

~ Ana Mardoll
on February 14, 2008
My pit bull chewed through this in about 3 minutes flat. The gorilla kongs and bustercubes are a lot more durable. Oh well--this is expensive and too soft, at least for a vigorous chewer.
on November 8, 2015
 We always use meal dispensing toys for our two Border Collies. With that said, my dogs are NOT big chewers, and since they're used to these types of toys, they won't continue to chew them once they're empty. They're kind of the material/texture of a rubber scraper you'd use in the kitchen. Durable in the sense that they can roll them around, but you absolutely should not leave them with your dog unsupervised. We have Our Pets Smarter Interactive IQ Treat Ball Dog Toy, 3 Inches (Colors may vary),JW Pet Company Hol-ee Treat Ball for Dogs, and have been using PetSafe Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug Meal Dispensing Dog Toy, Medium/Large to feed them dinner for the last couple years. The tug-a-jugs are my favorites because they're easy to fill. However, they're kind of hard to keep clean, as they tend to get gunked up with hair and slobber. I wanted to try these to see if they would be easier to keep clean, but igger than the Hol-ee roller and quieter and more controllable than the IQ Treat Ball. They certainly look like they will be easy to clean as they are essentially just rubber, so rinsing them off is easy.

Our dogs picked up the dispensing method immediately because they're used to working for their dinners. I give it to them on the hardest setting--screwed totally tight so the arches on each side don't meet up, but are slightly past one another. This creates two half-circle holes on each side of the toy, rather than one larger round hole.

We got the large size because I wanted to be able to feed them their entire dinner from the toy. We feed them each dog 1 cup of kibble from these toys. You can fill them about 1/2 way while they're unscrewed and opened, but then you have to screw the pieces together, hold one end (to prevent the food from falling out the opposite end) and pour kibble into the hole. It's kind of a pain to fill them. Fortunately I only do this once a day, so it's not a deal-breaker for me.

I'm excited to try these with peanut butter or pumpkin. I think I'll try mixing the pups' dinner with a spoonful of pumpkin and throwing these boys in the freezer. That should definitely take some time and brain power!
on February 18, 2016
This is made of a sturdy hard rubbery-plastic, and has a top & bottom which screw together holding the treats inside. There is a slight lip on each side that is made smaller or larger by tightening or loosening where the food falls out. My dog enjoys using this self rewarding toy. When it got a little too easy, I simply tightened it down so it took more effort to get out the food rewards. I use her regular kibble yet she still acts as though it is a special treat. Like with all toys an over eager dog is capable of breaking and swallowing pieces of this, so it is safest to supervise pets while they play. (This purchase was from Amazon.com LLC for $6.61 and shipped free as an add-on with Amazon Prime)
on July 7, 2015
I've been trying out some of these interactive treat toys with my 14 week old Siberian husky puppy. He's still on 3 meals a day, and I need to get 1/2 cup of kibble into the toy. The medium size did not have enough capacity for his ration, so I've ordered the large size. It was relatively easy to open and load the toy and he was able to get all of the kibble bits out within about 10 minutes. I don't leave these toys in the crate with him after wards, so there were no issues with the 2 parts unscrewing. It appears that the device will be easy to clean, but with dry kibble bits, that won't be a daily chore. There were no lips inside the device to trap kibble bits which is a problem I had with the Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball. UPDATE: Got the large size and this accomodates my puppy mid-day ration just fine. This is his favorite of the multiple treat dispensing toys we've played with in the last couple weeks. All others are also reviewed separately.
on March 5, 2012
I bought the Premier Twist and Treat Dog Toy along with a KONG classic and Premier Tug a Jug for my 3 month old, 4lb Morkie. My dog doesn't play with the latter 2, but LOVES this little treat dispenser! It's easy to twist the top off and insert the treats and to twist it down to the size you want to get it to dispense. Smoothie quickly learned how to dispense the treats, so we have it on its tightest setting (puppy chow is pretty small, so easy to get out). He chases and bats this all over the living room.

He played with the classic Kong once, but because to dispenses the treats so quickly, he soon lost interest.

He tries to play with the Tug a Jug, but he can never get anything out and quickly tired of it and goes back to the twist and treat.

Of the 3, the twist and treat gets the most use, its the easiest to clean, is hardy, has the best movement for him to chase around, is the perfect size for a toy dog.

So, if you're looking to keep your dog entertained, don't waste money buying a bunch of products, just get this. Both you and your pup will be pleased with it.
on January 14, 2011
I purchased the large for my 50 lb lab mix. The side opening is just large enough to allow pieces of kibble to fall thru when tightened to the most challenging position. The toy easily dispenses food with just the nudge of a nose making this a good option for beginners. The top and bottom halves tend to come unscrewed easily making it very easy for all of the food to dump out. The toy is softer rubberized plastic making it quiet on hard floor surfaces. For that, it earns it's stars.

The toy is not very challenging, but it does slow down eating. For more challenging options, I recommend the Buster Cube or one of the Nina Ottosson games.

As many other reviews have stated or at least alluded to, this is for supervised play. If your dog chews everything up, it will chew this up too. Again the Buster Cube might be a better option, as it is too big to fit in most dog's mouths.

Overall, I am satified with the product, I just don't find it particularly inventive or impressive.
on September 13, 2015
This works for my dogs. I have four dogs and each one has
their own "treat toy". When used properly this works great.
You put the food in, adjust it and let them have it. Mine has lasted
for over 6 years. It is not something you let them have for several hours.
I let them have have it for 10 minutes or so, when they get the food out
its over. It is not a chew toy. The dogs love it and we love watching the
dogs trying to get the food out. The food comes out fairly easy compared
to other toys. If you have a dog who can't get treats out of other toys
then this one is for you.