5.0 out of 5 stars yummy, and good for insulin resistance
I bought these at Costco, but they're around the same price as they are here on Amazon ($25ish).

Published on April 2, 2012 by Gardenia

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced
IF you have a costco in your area, you can get an 18 pack of this product for the price of 12 on here. I do agree that this is a great product, just not at this price.
Published 17 months ago by Daniel

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy, and good for insulin resistance, April 2, 2012
This review is from: Premier Protein High Protein Shake, Chocolate 12/11oz (Misc.)

My doctor recommended these for breakfast because I have insulin resistance and I'm not supposed to have more than 4 grams of carbs in the morning (but lots of protein instead) in order to not have my insulin spike. I hate eggs, and not really into eating just plain meat for breakfast, so shakes were the way to go. It was just difficult finding them that were low carb. These have only 2 net carbs and 30 grams of protein!

These are better than the Atkins shakes. They taste a little different but I think it's better and they're cheaper too. Best of all, the Premier shake give you TWICE the protein of an Atkins shake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Carb, Low Cal, and Low Fat, October 29, 2012
CAMM23 (Houston, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
This protein shake is a winner in my book. With only 2 net carbs, it can't be beat. I got mine from Sam's Club and they were $18.78 for a case. The taste is a little chalky, but not too much so. I prefer the chocolate flavor.

5.0 out of 5 stars TEN STARS FOR PREMIER PROTEIN DRINKS, September 14, 2012
My husband drank these for a couple of years and I refused due to all other protein shakes did not curb my appetite and they tasted terrible. One day I had a busy day and grabbed one of his chocolate protein drinks and OH MY. It was so yummy. Just like chocolate milk. I thought to myself there is no way this drink will keep me full as it is so good. Well I was wrong. The drink alone keeps me full for 3 hours. If I add a banana or a piece of fruit I can go 4-5 hours. It only has 160 calories, 1 g of sugar and 5 carbs. This drink is the PERFECT protein drink. I think all seniors should get them. 25% of daily vitamin in one shake. It is great for children who don't like breakfast. I get them at Sam;s club for 18.88 for 12. That is less than 2 a meal. Cant beat that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting, August 18, 2012
These shakes taste great and I don't usually like protein shakes. I put it in the blender with some ice and sometimes a banana. They are awesome!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - Overpriced at Amazon (better at Costco), April 19, 2013
Great tasting. Very smooth, not chalky or overly sweet. It has a light chocolate flavor, kind of like homemade chocolate milk that has cooled to room temperature (I drink them at room temp). It might be even better if you chill it or warm it up! It's not a chore to drink at all. I honestly think it tastes great!

No GI problems at all for me.

Overpriced here on Amazon (and I love Amazon Prime!!), but Costco sells an 18 pack of 11 oz for ~$24. Come on Amazon, get aggressive on that pricing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, easy post-workout energy, May 3, 2012
Timothy M. Hughes (Madison, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I bought a box of these because I'm not a milk drinker and I don't keep any dairy other than half & half in the fridge. So I didn't want to buy a jug of powder if it wasn't going to taste right mixed with water. I figured these would be a good start to protein supplements.

After a workout when I get home I throw one of these in the freezer during the 15 minutes it takes me to shower. It gets a bit colder than the refrigerator gets that way and tastes more like a chocolate shake. Actually the taste of these is awesome which is extremely important if you expect to use them over a period of time. The nutrition facts are pretty amazing on these: 30g of protein with very low sugar, carbs. and fats. You may or may not want to skip your daily multi-vitamin on days you are drinking these since there are several vitamins already added to the drinks. Personally, I drink these about 3 days a week after lifting or after running. I get plenty of protein through my diet so this just gives my body some instant energy before a meal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what it is...a protein shake, September 2, 2012
Ms Tru (San Diego, Ca) - See all my reviews
These shakes are phenomenal. I am a nurse with a crazy schedule and poor choices can be the easiest choices to make! I found these at Costco and wanted to give them a try, I do not live a low carb lifestyle fully, but I do feel best when my protein is high and my carbs come from healthy sources (Whole grains, veggies, and fruit). The taste is great, I crave chocolate milk and I find these to be satisfying. I also am a caloriecount.com user and when I plugged the nutrition label into their machine the shake received an A. The shake is 160 calories, only 3 Grams of fat, and 30 grams of protein-great low carb option with only 5 grams of carbs and 3 grams being from fiber. The added vitamins and minerals are insane. This is by no means a perfect food, but it keeps you feeling full and great and is 1000X better than grabbing junk when you are busy. These could be used on a low carb diet and there is only 1 gram of sugar, so I assume these are diabetic friendly. Great Find, as I have tried them all!

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, February 7, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, April 22, 2014
These are great alone, cold or warmish. But if you throw them in a blender and add a few ice cubes and some flavoring they can be absolutely amazing. Tried the vanilla with a single serving package of orange crystal light it tastes like a creamsicle. Tried the chocolate with some raspberry Crystal Light or black cherry mio drops. For the chocolate blend with a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter and you have a protein shake with 37 grams of protein and 7 grams of net carbs. The chocolate throw in a banana and blend, delicious. In with a blender some ice cubes and a little imagination you can make some killer protein shakes with these as your base. They're all kinds of flavors of Crystal Light or water additives like Dasani water drops or Mio water drops add no extra calories or sugar and can add lots of flavor to the vanilla shake or the chocolate shake. Chocolate cherry shakes are delicious.

5.0 out of 5 stars high in protein, August 19, 2012
My doctor recommended me to try this product and I did and am glad. Not just good for you but taste good too. Thanks for the speedy delivery.

Premier Protein High Protein Shake, Chocolate 12/11oz