on November 25, 2012
I purchased this unit based on the specifications presented in the Item Description and the Technical Details section. First, this unit is NOT amplified to 1 Watt (1000 mW) of transmit power for OFDM 802.11g or n. A big part of my rationale for selecting this unit was the 1 Watt of transmit power for the G and N networks.

The Power of this unit, as marked per the box: 40 mW max for 802.11g and n (Transmit Power of 23 dBm +/- 1.5 dBm is equivalent to 200mW)
The only way this unit is a 1 Watt unit is to take the 28 dBm transmit power for 802.11b added to the 12 dBi antenna, which is equivalent to an effective transmit power of 1 Watt, but this is ONLY for 802.11b.

For 802.11g and n networks, the effective transmit power (23 dBm + 12 dBi = 25 dBm OR 316 mW effective) is 1/3rd of the power that is mentioned in the Item Description of 1 Watt.

Other than the misleading power description, the remainder of the PowerLink PL-CPE-22-N is accurate. This unit has two built in 12 dBi Gain Antennas. One is horizontally polarized, while the other is vertically polarized. The unit is powered via Power-Over-Ethernet DC injection into the network cable that connects to the unit.

I would likely buy this unit again, but my main selection criteria was transmit power, and this unit could use more power in the G and N network types. This unit works good for me, so it's a 4 star unit at 200 mW (23 dBm) of transmit power for 802.11g and 802.11n networks.

The picture shows 2 units in the photo, the box only contains one unit.

Update 2013-12-04:
I purchased another one of these PL-CPE-22N units from Amazon, as a Warehouse Deal. The unit shipped was an ArcTek 802.11a 5Ghz CPE, and not the Premiertek PowerLink PL-CPE-22N I had ordered. I promptly returned the ArcTek unit and have ordered a new Premiertek PowerLink unit from Amazon (not a marketplace seller), and hopefully it will be the Premiertek PowerLink PL-CPE-22N.

Update 2013-12-10:
I purchased a new unit from Amazon directly since the last one from the Warehouse Deal was an ArgTek 802.11a 5Ghz unit. Amazon sent a brand new ArgTek and NOT the PremierTek PL-CPE-22N. I am now 0 for 2 on getting the correct item from Amazon.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 29, 2013
Using mine to back-haul internet three miles (line of sight). Super in every way. This is my fourth unit and so far only one had a problem after a year of living outside. Very good value, highly recommended.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 18, 2013
I purchased 3 of these. One directly from Amazon and 2 from Acme Mall. The first one directly from Amazon came DOA. Could not log into it or anything. It also was different than pictured. It only had one network plug instead of 2. The box was opened and the bags inside were ripped open. I sent it back and Amazon was great with the return.

I then purchased 2 from Acme Mall. They both came extremely fast and saved me about $20. Packaging was all new and sealed. Each one came with an installation CD which the first one didn't... although it is basically the printed manual on the CD so it isn't necessary. Installation of these two was a breeze. I got everything setup in about 3 hours (I have almost zero networking experience. I only know the basics).

I have these transmitting from my office to my house, about 300 yards line of sight. I get great reception. 2 of these are not required. I can actually connect to the wireless access point from 300 yards on my phone or laptop but the signal is sketchy.

All in all I would definitely buy these again. Although, if they came in an opened box I would send them right back and order from a different seller.
(-1 star for the DOA device but 5 stars for the working ones)
on July 20, 2013
I bought this item. i fellow all the process on the CD but it doesn't work. the antenna website showed connect successfully to the internet but there is no internet in the computer. i call the company and spoke with the technician but his instruction doesn't help me also. the technician ask me to send the device back to check it. the technician found the device is working but he don't no why the device doesn't work with my computer (win 7). I ask the company to refund my money because its only four days with me. the company return the device after cut 20% of total price. totally i payed $15 for shipment back + $15 (20%)policy = $30 just for see the device!!!!!!!!
on September 10, 2012