- $averPak - Get $1 off the first 2 items purchased and receive further discounts for each additional item ordered (Up to 5 Items) from our entire catalog. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Sawyer Premium Controlled Release Family Insect Repellent 6-Ounce Lotion
|Price:||$9.60 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$0.39 (4%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Effective up to 12 hours
- 20% low DEET absorption formula
- Comfortable to wear applied
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Lone Star DR
1. It's DEET concentration is relatively low (20%). While I'm not overly concerned about putting DEET on my skin, I'd prefer to use as little as necessary to repel the bugs.
2. It is effective - biting insects including black flies are deterred (see field use comments below).
3. The time release formula seems to prolong the effectiveness and the product needs to be applied less frequently than other products with similar DEET percentages.
4. It is not as "greasy" feeling as most DEET products. The product is a creamy lotion that largely (though not completely) feels "dry" after applying.
As product is a lotion, rather than a spray, probably would not be as suitable for application to clothing (e.g. socks) to repel flies, mosquitoes or ticks.
I used this product on trips in Quetico Provincial Park in Ontario in June and July, 2011. Even in extremely "buggy" portages while sweating heavily I managed to avoid inset bites. Bug conditions were sufficiently bad that others were wearing netting.
And if it worked for deer flies i believe it will work for any biting insect.
Thank you Sawyer!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best insect repellent that I've ever used. I have used it in tropical rainforest conditions and not a bite! Read morePublished 15 months ago by Jane Barker-Hun
I have since ordered more of this product. I use it even more on my dogs than on myself, and the fact that it has little or no scent helps when using on my pets' faces. Read morePublished on October 2, 2013 by duesouth
I bought this specifically for a trip to Bonaire in the Caribbean. I wanted something that would keep the mosquitos at bay but not a spray I would end up inhaling. Read morePublished on July 8, 2013 by Karoni
I used this lotion both in West Africa and in Panama. It repels mosquitoes very well and is easy to apply. Read morePublished on June 28, 2013 by Lindsay
The Lake Erie Islands are the home of the most viscous biting flies, and the human ankle appears to be their meal of choice. Read morePublished on June 11, 2013 by Peffinger
The university of pennsylvania hospital travel medicine clinic recommended this insect repellent for my trip to kenya and tanzania. Read morePublished on June 2, 2013 by Ed
Pediatrician recommended this product, and we have never been disappointed. Would love a volume discount when buying 5 or more.Published on May 19, 2013 by Nudu
For whatever reason, mosquitos love my blood and so I have to use a bug repellent or else I will one day end up needing a blood transfer. Read morePublished on April 30, 2013 by Georgina