Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tera Grand - Premium Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter Cable with Audio Support - for Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, and Microsoft Surface Pro - Thunderbolt Port Compatible - High Quality ABS Plastic Housing - in Retail Packaging
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 25, 2012
This item works perfectly as described.. The only thing you have to do is make sure to switch your audio out to the HDMI setting or else you will only get picture and no sound.. From the main home page hit option and the sound icon on the top right of the screen and your HDMI out setting will pop up and select that and you will have sound and video.. Enjoy this is the best one I've seen the works for video and sound and the price is reasonable. This was tested on 2012 mac air 13in
77 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2012
I had another Mini DP -> HDMI adapter that started to short, so I was looking for the cheapest solution that would actual work (video AND sound).

This adapter does exactly as described, has a narrow form factor, and is a fraction of the cost of others.

Tip: If you're having trouble with the display not working, try Detect Displays in display preferences (also Command + F2). Sound you must adjust in preferences to go to the HDMI device.

Hardware: 2011 11" Macbook Air (Thunderbolt), OSX Lion
on March 16, 2012
I've been waiting a long time to find the right adapter that would allow me to hook up my Macbook Pro to my Large screen HD LCD and finally found it in this product. This Mini DisplayPort does exactly what it's been advertised it will do. Audio is superb and the quality is top notch! No complaints!
on May 31, 2012
Works exactly as described and at a fraction of the cost of the Apple branded product it's worth every penny. I now have three monitors attached to my iMac and I'm in geek heaven!!
on October 21, 2012
I bought this item for $5.99, so I really had nothing to lose. Hooked up to my Mid-2012 MacBook Pro and my five year-old Philips LCD TV, all I had to do was to go to System Preferences > Sound > Output and select my TV's HDMI input, which miraculously appeared in the menu. Perfect picture and perfect sound - from one cable. Highly recommended!
on July 18, 2013
Quality adapter for a fraction of the price of the Apple ones. Flexible, fits well on both ends, and remains seated. Have used on an older Apple Cinema Display and a ViewSonic with A1286 15" non-Retina Macbook Pro.
on April 20, 2013
This was considerably more affordable than the Apple-branded adapter, but it works flawlessly on my 2010 Air. I now have an Apple-branded one at home, and this one at work, so I don't have to worry about forgetting it. The two devices work exactly the same, and equally as well.
on August 16, 2012
Images sharper
My Monitor So Happy
Cable has blessed eyes.

A haiku of joy to this awesome cable from a satisfied customer.
on January 21, 2012
This adapter is the real thing, working as advertised. It also had a particularly secure Mini DP plug which is so important. I wanted a longer adapter for strain relief purposes, but no one seems to make a quality example. I have purchased a 6' version and but it was flawed in every way, eventually failing. This seems well built and works perfectly.
on November 6, 2013
After working for 6 days it stopped sending signal. I tested it with multiple devices and displays, but none worked. I borrowed my friends DisplayPort to HDMI just to prove to myself that it was the problem. Yep, it broke.
At least I could send it back for a refund.