5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this unit
A lot of these "wall warts" have really terrible voltage regulation -- for example, a wall wart rated at 5 volts and 2 amps might measure as much as 7 or 10 volts when the load is only 1 amp. This could be dangerous for a unit intended for USB/2.5" HDD use, where the load can be quite variable.

This one is rated at 5 volts, 2 amps, and by my measurement...
Published on October 12, 2011 by Walter Bass

1.0 out of 5 stars 6 volts, not 5 volts
This adapter comes with 5v label but actual output is a very stable 6v! Beware not to burn your device.
Published on April 10, 2012 by djs

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this unit, October 12, 2011
Walter Bass (Sunnyvale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Premium External Power Supply 5.0v 2.0A (2000mA) AC/DC Adapter for USB HUB and 2.5-inch HDD Enclosure (Electronics)

This one is rated at 5 volts, 2 amps, and by my measurement measured 5.38 volts with no load. I think that that is low enough to not pose a significant hazard to any 5 volt equipment. So I would rate the voltage regulation of this power supply as probably much better than average for these kinds of units, and good enough to not be a concern.

1.0 out of 5 stars 6 volts, not 5 volts, April 10, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement, but check the plug size with your original, September 7, 2011
I bought this as a replacement for my Roku's external P/S which gave up the ghost as many 1st-gen Roku power bricks have done. The power specs on this one are just right, but the plug is way too small. I knew that going in and replaced it with the plug from my Roku's dead brick. If you're not prepared or able to do the same thing, be sure to measure the one you're replacing. Many 5 VDC P/S bricks use a 5.5 mm (od) plug. This one is 3.5 mm.

The one I bought was sold by Oyen Digital and it appears to be a good P/S and the specs on it are the same as those listed in the product description. The P/S I received was not the one pictured, but it was a similar size and (after a plug transplant) it powers my Roku just fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, December 27, 2012
I bought this power supply to use for my CM storm trigger keyboard. It blew out two keyboards with its faulty voltage. Horrible company

1.0 out of 5 stars Burnt out within 10 seconds of plugging it in., September 6, 2013
I'd read some of the bad reviews, but then read so many good ones, I figured for the price, I'd take a chance and just return it if it didn't work. It worked for 10 seconds. Then I heard a popping noise and smelled that familiar smell of burning electronics. It showed no further signs of life. Returned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Recommended Wrong Item, January 16, 2013
I needed a AC/DC Adapter for my Cooler Master Storm Trigger. I was directed to this item through the Storm Trigger product on Amazon. I thought it would be compatible, but the adapter plug was too big for the keyboard. What a waste of money, stop the false advertisement, Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect replacement, August 18, 2013
When the power adapter frayed on our baby monitor, my wife almost went out and bought a new monitor. I reigned her in and found a replacement adapter for cheap. And it worked just like I would expect it to. It had higher quality cables than the adapter than came with the monitor thats for sure.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good part not suited to device., December 9, 2012
Good part not suited to device. This part showed up in a search for a power supply for the Roku box, but it has the wrong size plug end on it--too small for the ROKU.I'll be able to whack the end off and solder on a larger one.

1.0 out of 5 stars not a genuine FOSCAM product, July 19, 2013
a backup power supply is a necessity. I keep this plugged in near my router, so when I need to test/reprogram a camera I won't have to bring the existing power supply along. Also, note that the power supplies do sometimes go bad, so a spare is a good thing to have. Just bought 2 more for insurance.

** update ** I powered 2 of these on of the 3 I ordered. one powered for 5 seconds and faded out, the second was powered for one minute until I heard a pop and smelled an electrical burn. These are low quality Chinese crap and not manufactured to FOSCAM specs. Avoid as they are inferior and a waste of money. Rating changed to one star- if they offered lower I would have rated a ZERO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for Foscam Cameras, March 21, 2014
I purchased two of these power supplies. They work excellent as a replacement for my Foscam camera power supplies. Word Filler

Rate and Discover Movies