Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on March 1, 2012
Let me start by saying this product is not for beginners at screen protector application. I work in a Verizon store, so I get plenty of practice, and it was a fairly iffy task even for me.

First, for the screen protector itself: It's of great clarity, I can't even notice it on my iPad 2. It's very prone to fingerprints just as the naked screen is, but this is usually to be expected with a crystal clear screen protector so I won't hold it against this one. So yes, the product is a great buy.

Now for the application. There's nothing wrong with this thing (as some other reviewers would have you believe), it's just fairly hard to get it on, especially if you haven't put a lot of them on PHONES, let alone a 10 inch screen.

-Start by laying the screen protector STILL IN WITH THE PROTECTIVE FILM ON IT on top of the screen just to get an idea of its exact fit. It just helps boost your confidence when you actually put it on.

-The number one cause of bubbles is DUST. Any TINY speck of dust, no matter how small, will most likely cause a bubble. So when you're preparing to actually install the protector make sure your iPad screen is SPOTLESS. There shouldn't be the tiniest bit of dirt or dust on it. Some people suggest running the shower for a while to get your bathroom steamy and doing it in there. Might not be a bad idea for this one...

-Start by peeling off the bottom end of the protector. Try to line it up as straight as possible, I usually start at a corner and hold it down with my finger while I line the rest up. Then once the bottom is lined up, slowly work your way upward while using a card to keep most of the bubbles out. This part is kind of difficult because a lot of times the protector isn't as straight as you think it is at the start. Mainly focus on keeping it straight, don't worry so much about getting every single bubble out yet. If you listened and don't have ANY dust or dirt on the screen, bubble removal shouldn't be a problem once the protector is on.

-Now that you have the protector on, you can work on the bubbles. Just take a credit card and lightly slide them slowly to the edge. You don't have to press hard for most of them. I usually take the now useless film that was attached to the actual screen protector and lay it on top of it for those hard to get ones, that way you can avoid scratching it if you have to press down really hard.

-If by chance you happen to get a small speck of dust under it that's causing a bubble, there's a trick to remove it. DO NOT try to remove it with your finger, it's not going to end well. Just simply take a piece of tape and press it against the dust and it should take it off without smudging your screen protector.

And REMEMBER dust and dirt is BAD!! Can't stress that enough. If you don't clean your screen absolutely perfect beforehand and aren't careful to avoid getting dust under it during application, you will have bubbles. If you ARE careful, there's no reason you can't get every single bubble out!

This is a great screen protector, crystal clear, and easy on the fingers. Just follow these steps to apply it and your review will be as happy-go-lucky as mine :)
1616 comments|577 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2012
I read with some apprehension, the reviews that mentioned challenges in getting the film to apply evenly/without bubbles, etc. But, I also thought the product, if I could just install it, sounded next to invisible and great. I had tried a lower cost film previously and was not pleased with it in either application phase or in look once applied. And, I thought, "OK, there are two overlays, so if I mess up one I'll have a second to try again." Well, I am happy to report that I read the instructions carefully, followed them and even touched a bit of the adhesive during the application, and ended up with a perfect overlay. No bubbles, evenly placed on the ipad -- so clear and fitting that I think it'd be close to impossible to know it was there. The touch is great, device openings lined up perfectly. Couldn't ask for a better overlay for the iPad. If I can apply it successfully, almost anyone can. Give it a try. And, now I have a second overlay for a second iPad or a second application later.
0Comment|132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2012
I am very happy with this product. In the first try without any precaution I only got 6 small bubbles, then I used the following tricks as mentioned by other reviewers and got only one tiny barely noticeable bubble.
1. Apply the film in bathroom after hot shower running for 5 minutes.
2. Use two wipes. First time give the ipad a really good scrub. Then rest your ipad on a flat surface for 30 seconds to let the dust settle down, before a second light sweep to remove tiny speckles with a clean wipe.
Good lighting is essential, and the film will fall in place like a charm.
0Comment|111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2012
to start:
1) put a light on in the distance
2) put ipad down on clean surface and get down low in front of the ipad
3) remove dust/oils with screen cleaner/windex/whatever and a soft cloth
4) take cloth provided and very carefully and slowly wipe every piece of dust off ( this is where the light and being down low helps.. you can see everything)
5) the closer you get to flawless start moving real slow (I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH). keep folding the cloth to use new surfaces.
6)once every piece of dust is off line up cover on ipad and tape top with a small piece of scotch tape.
7) with it flat on the screen carefully peel back an inch or two of the bottom layer..
8) use a plastic ruler (wide enough to span whole screen)... or credit card... although gets tough because it only covers half.
9) remove air bubble from center.. if some remain on edges, no worries.. you can get those later. the middle ones are hard to remove later.
10) keep peeling back an inch or two at a time while firmly sliding ruler up, taking air bubbles out as you go.
11) when you cant go further (tape stops you) remove the tape and continue.
12) once the whole screen is on, go back and remove all remaining bubbles.. and rub the edges of the screen to make sure it is fully adhered.
13) remove top layer and admire how awesome it will never look again
review image review image
0Comment|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2015
I've been using many screen protectors over the past 4 years with my tablets but this product is the worse, it bubbles up and is not way to make the bubbles disappear, I tried the card that it came with it and nothing works. I thought I was doing something wrong so I peeled off and use the second screen that come in the package, but I got the same results, even looked at the video on YouTube.
review image
44 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2012
This screen protector is exactly like ones I have put on my phones, except bigger. I put one on my wife's iPad 3, and it only had 3 bubbles which were clearly due to a small piece of dust in each. I then installed mine and have no bubbles at all. It is not perfect over the button, but it is pretty darn close. The two keys for me was a good cleaning and having two people. You cannot push air bubbles out if they are caused by dust. It also helped that my wife slowly pulled the back off as I used a credit card to push bubbles out as we put it on. This was much easier than when I was trying to do it all myself. I was very worried on the second iPad, when I put it on crooked so that the top camera hole did not line up. We peeled the entire thing up and tried it again, and still, no air bubbles. It is all about having a clean surface and taking your time. As for the look, other than seeing the edge of the protector, you cannot tell it is on the iPad. There is no discoloration or weird texture. So far, I am very pleased with this product. I can't comment about the durability of it yet, but it has so far survived my 3 year old.

There was one negative, the quality of the cleaning cloth supplied was not good and sometimes left lent behind. I would use something else. Also, you will need to provide your own credit card. I had a good laugh at the little piece of cardboard they put in there to be your "squeegee."
on April 15, 2013
I agree with some other review saying that people who gave bad reviews are those that didnt applied it correctly. If you follow the tips on the video the seller sends on your email, you will do no wrong with these screen protectors. I installed on my ipad 2 and on my sisters new ipad 4, used some stickers to remove the dirty aftera putting it, and the result was amazing, you can barely say that there is a screen protector on the glass. Also it doesnt give a plastic looking to the screen. Definitely recommend this product
review image review image review image
on March 2, 2015
This is the first time I have ever been able to install a screen protector without any bubbles whatsoever. They have developed an extremely easy method that can be used by any individual (beginner or not) called the "hinge method". In terms of quality, this it's seems very durable and as far as I can tell it is pretty fingerprint resistant. In addition, the display quality is unaltered by the this will, and it is true to its title - "HD Clear". Overall, I would say I am extremely satisfied with this product and will probably stay with this brand for future purchases.
review image review image
on February 5, 2014
I received this in a yellow bubble bag, which was perfectly fine. But when opening it, I expected to at least have the screen protectors in a package as shown on Amazon. Instead, it was poorly wrapped in a plastic baggy with scratches all over the screen protector. I thought it might just be the peel-off part after application, but when I looked closer, it was scratched all the way through. Upon further inspection, I realized it didn't even fit the screen of my iPad3! It was too NARROW. I don't know if they just sent me a defective or incorrect one, but this was poorly wrapped, scratched up, and the wrong size. Definitely not happy and sending it back.
on January 13, 2014
I absolutely hate putting on screen protectors. If I had to choose between wrestling a bear and trying to put on a screen protector, I would probably choose the bear. However, as there was no bear available, I ordered these for my mom's iPad 2 and put one on for her. It did take me both of the covers, but after I got the second one on, I was pretty impressed with myself. These came with stickers that you can use to create a hinge to help position the protector before you remove the outer layer and holds it in place while you smooth it over the screen. That did help. There was also a note telling me to remain calm and not to worry if I didn't get it right as the company would send me a free replacement if I went through these without success. Short of sending me a professional to adhere the darn thing, I thought that was a decent offer.