Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Elsse (TM) Premium Folio Case with Stand for Microsoft Surface RT / Surface 2 (Does not fit Surface Pro Version / Keyboard and Tablet NOT included) (Surface 2 / Surface RT, Black)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

VINE VOICEon July 12, 2013
I'm familiar with tablet cases; I have the ipad (used several cases for that), the Galaxy Tab 2 and now the Surface RT. I had a simple sleeve for the RT but found it useless and thus decided to get this one. Bottomline, this fits well, it works well; excellent purchase. Note: I have the "real" keyboard (I forgot the technical term), which of course is a bit thicker than the regular keyboard. When attached to the RT, it still fits, but it's a tight fit. The kickstand works well. Quality? Well built. Good product at a good price.
0Comment|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
I'm pretty happy with this case. It fits well and is pretty decent quality wise. A real bargain. I would change one thing however, and that would be to allow a little more room around the border of the touch screen as it makes some of the "swipe in" gestures a little difficult to execute.
on December 30, 2013
4 Stars no doubt as it does take care of your surface 2. My biggest gripe is that it does not work when using your Type Cover 2. It doens't fold with the case and it's best used in the staionary position. If you try to flip it back it will snap off with ease. Also, since it's a Surface 2 I would expect this case to have two (2) different postions for the stand on the case. It doesn't. It is best left for the position as shown on the picture. But, for the price it does what it says it does. Oh, and all connections are reachable and the case does not get in the way either!
on December 26, 2015
This case was originally ordered over a year ago for my Surface RT. Originally, the item came with a scuff on the inside edge of the "leather" that went around the edge of the screen. I contacted Amazon and they offerred me a discount on the item by taking a few dollars off as I expressed my wishes to have something to protect my expensive tablet with in the meantime (sending it back would have made we wait a week for another form of protection). The gray scuffed spot stood out a bit from the black "leather" on the rest of the case but I made it work and used a permanent marker to darken the spot some although it was still noticeable.

Now, over a year and a half later I am writing to give an update on the tablet case's condition. Overall, the case has held up pretty well. However, some of the edges are starting to peel back some. The case is still useable and protects my Surface well, but it definitely does not look as nice as it first did. The band on the case has worked well to attach my third party BT keyboard when I fold the case up. Surprisingly, the magnets still work pretty well and hold the case shut completely even after all this time.

The other thing that I learned I did not like about this case was that the viewing angle cannot be changed. There is only the one angle that you can set the stand to. It would be much better if this case could be adapted to change the viewing angle based on where you are sitting and viewing it from, the lighting in the room, etc. However, this is not a big deal if you are using this mainly for protection of your tablet or using the Surface keyboard that can tilt itself.

In the end, this is a good case for the basic protection or if you aren't very picky and the value is what you are looking for. Just don't expect this to have other features that some of it's competitors have. Other than my original issue upon receiving the item (which Amazon would have fixed either way) I would recommend this case.
on November 6, 2014
I've had this case on my Surface Pro 2 for about 6 months now. I like that it’s cheap and does its job well – it protects my case from dusts and dirt, scratches and dings, and isn’t unmanageably bulky either. I can put this in my suitcase of backpack without any fear that it will be scratched or roughed up when I take it out. I’ve never dropped it, so I can’t say how well it would protect in a fall, but it holds the case pretty tightly and on all sides, so hopefully it’s enough to protect it.

PROS
- Ports are where they should be and aren’t encumbered by the case.
- Clean design, and not overtly bulky.
- Cheap cost for what you get—and it’s also pretty good quality despite being a cheaper price.
- Elastic strap keeps the case from opening up randomly.
- Sleek look and solid construction. I haven’t experienced in tears in the case

CONS
- It has a re-positioning feature, but it’s one-position only. I don’t use a keyboard with mine, but sometimes I like to watch Netflix on it, and the re-positioning just leaves much to be desired. It’s at a slightly awkward angle so I usually just keep it flat in my lap.
- It seems like it’s a little loose on my Surface Pro. I’m not sure why, and it’s almost imperceptible, but I can tell because I have to tug the case down to properly charge it into the wall.
- Sometimes it’s difficult to plug the charger in—you have to make sure it’s positioned the right way and the little light is on, otherwise you might think you’re charging it only to see that it’s dead!
on November 4, 2015
My son is always borrowing my Microsoft Surface for school and I was afraid that the screen would get broken even though he would place it into a soft sided carry case before placing it in his backpack. This folio case is perfect, it is made of a high quality leather outer and has a soft microfiber interior. It is fully stitched (not glued) to ensure that it will protect my tablet for years. Not only does it protect my tablet during the day, but because of the built in stand, it still has the ability to stand up without the hassle of removing the tablet from the case. The tablet fits snugly and the case is cut in such a way that all functions (camera & plugs) are easily accessable.
on December 26, 2014
An accessory or addition to the Tablet I gave to my daughter for Christmas. The only big complaint I have is the packaging from Amazon. Very, very shotty. The Case with stand were grouped together losely with earrings and Styluses in the box. Not only was the box not even taped or any other secured method but just the end flaps were tucked in, to the point anyone could of just put their hands in the gaps on either end and removed the items. I was enraged! When i slid open the end flap and removed theTablet case/stand, which isn't cheap, then saw the Styluses and removed them but was not aware there was another box, the earrings still in the box. When I rolled out the earring box with the earrings, which were not cheap also, then opened the box, I was very angry the earrings were dislodged from the earring palate and rolling around on the bottom of the earring box. Shame on you Amazon! This was the first time I received the worse packaging from Amazon. Not only could anyone have slid their hand(s) with easy and remove the items and no one would of known. I could of recieved a empty box. So the blame would of been tacked onto the mail person. I took one star away for the packaging. Other than that, the case/stand was happily received .
on August 24, 2013
I researched tons and tons of cases for my Surface, and so far I'm happy I chose this case. I chose the color black, afraid the other colors would make the case look "cheap" because of the case's texture. It fits snug and looks nice. The kickstand, however is a little difficult to maneuver into position, but I feel that over time, it would wear down a little and be easier to handle, so I'm not too worried. When I received the case, there was already a loose thread. I cut it off, and it wasn't too big of a deal. I have the type keyboard and it closes nicely and can be used to it's full capacity with this case. Also, all ports and buttons are fully accessible so far and there is no trouble using the Surface's swiping features. It has nice weight to it, and it feels like I'm carrying a book in my hands, which I like. I've just received it, so I haven't dropped it, so I can't comment on how well it actually protects the device. Bottom line, for the price, I'd say it's a solid case. The shipping was a lot, though - more than the case itself.
on August 25, 2014
This is a very quick review.

The new case had a round-ish object embedded under the cover in the center of the first fold, near its edge. It's an obvious manufacturing defect, and a bit strange ...I didn't notice it at first, as I was paying much more attention to the Surface than I was with the case.

After noticing, I worried that it might actually break the display if it was jostled around in a carrying bag with the usual books and the like impinging. Not worth worrying about, as I just received it (and the Surface).

I'm returning it (of course) on Amazon's dime (I had no problems setting up the return through their online automated returns system).

Other than that, I rather like the case. Especially at the price.

The fit was quite nice, and there appeared to be more than adequate room for the Touch (and maybe the Type) keyboard.

But one star, because Elsse's quality control was not up-to-snuff on this one.

...I would otherwise have given it four stars for design and fit.

The one star deduction would have been due to the left app and right charm swipe being a bit problematical (there really should have been a cutaway on the left and right side, and the swipe-in dimension is just bordering on inadequate).

I certainly wouldn't hesitate recommending it ...other than to check for defects.

Regardless ...back it goes.

...since I have to return it due to the defect, I'll be trying something else (because of the swipe issue). Probably a Manvex Leather Folio Case for the Microsoft Surface RT / Surface 2 Tablet (does NOT fit the Surface Pro) **Includes FREE Stylus** - Brown/Black (at about twice the cost).
on August 15, 2015
I really like this case. It is solid. The magnetic clip keeps it closed but is easy to open. I set it up on the adjustable stand, or sometimes lean back and drape the stand part over my knees so my tablet sits on my knees. Sometimes I drape it over my headboard or the back of a chair. Very versatile as I can find the best position depending on what I am doing. Be aware...When it is set up as designed, it can shift easily...the grooves in the base are very shallow.....so if you are hard on your tablet this may not work for you. I am an adult; I would not likely suggest this case for children but it is Perfect for me.