Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: JBuds J2 Premium Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating Earbuds Style Headphones (Black/Electric Blue) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on November 26, 2011
This may seem weird, but I love wearing these things because of the way they feel in my ears. They generally feel pretty cold when you put them in, but cold like the other side of the pillow cold. I'm not saying they are comfortable to wear, though they are more-so than other pairs for me, they just feel really nice when you first put them in.

Anyways, I've had 2 (soon to be 3) pairs of these so far. The first pair lasted about 6 months. I sent an email to to customer service and they sent me a brand new pair (UPDATE: I don't think they will do that anymore.) after that and that pair lasted about 8 months, though I wasn't using them as vigorously. The electric blue/black color looked pretty cool. I had these 2 years ago and I just asked my friend if he remembered me wearing them and he said yes, so they look pretty unique in that color. The sound quality was decent for my tastes. I felt like it was balanced. I mostly used them to listen to podcasts, and they sounded fine for that. As far as I can remember, the cable wasn't very noisy, so they should be okay for walking. I tried rubbing it like a genie in a bottle but it did not grant wishes. That's a big minus.

Since then I've had these I've upgraded to some AMAZING Audiotechnica ATH-M50 studio headphones for home use and I'm getting another pair of these just to wear while walking from place to place, in the car, and at work.

Pros:
Feels like the cool side of the pillow when you put them on
Decent sound
Low price
Looks nice
Not much noise from scraping the cable

Cons:
Durability
Doesn't grant wishes when you rub it

UPDATE:
I just got a pair of the black ones and instead of feeling like the cool side of the pillow the tips feel like old pieces of tire. I'd say gowith one of the ones with colored opaque tips. Good thing I have 2 sets of blue tips. It also seems like they've changed their warantee policies somewhat in a bad way by looking at the manual. You have to submit your serial number on their website within 30 days of purchase for them to replace them later and doing that requires you to create an account. I think I'd rather just buy a new pair when they break.
on March 6, 2011
The reason for my purchase is my last ear buds broke. I loved the model style and purchased four. But for the money, it didn't last nearly long enough. My focus for the new purchase was to get ones with a stronger wire and this one is. In the description, it says "ultra rugged durability." That, it is. Also with the thicker wires, there's less tangling.

Loved the color of the bright neon blue soft silicone. That said, it took me a long time to get use to its soft texture. It almost feels flimsy, but the material has held up.

Compared to others, there's more of a reduction in the outside noise. Since I use mine to view movies on my laptop and for audio books in noisy areas, this is important. It's compatible with my daughter's iTouch, my laptop, desktop, CD player and Sansa MP3. The sound is rich and clear.

My only complaint is the base is too large and a bit heavy. The soft silicone acts like a suction cup and the buds sort of pop out of my ear canal.

All-in-all, I am pleased with the purchase. I was looking for durable and I think I've found it.
on February 28, 2009
I brought this pair of earbuds not 2 weeks ago, after reading numerous reviews on Amazon. My initial choices were between Jlab, Sennheiser, and Vmoda. A lot of review gave Jlab J2 good ratings on sound and design, which was why I went ahead and brought these (the most expensive earbuds I have ever purchased) thinking that at last I would have good music with me to go.

The colors of the ear pieces were the first disappointment when I took these out of the package (fast shipping from amazon, good job to them). The picture of the "Black/electric blue" seems to be heavily photoshopped to enhance the color of the blue parts of the earbud-- the blue was definitely not the neon-ish shade seen in the picture, but a darker and less vibrant blue. The material that the earpiece was made of is rather flimsy though pretty comfortable (I used the smallest ear piece) up to a certain point.

I followed the instructions for breaking-in the earbuds by playing music at medium level on my iPod for approx. 25-30 hours straight. The sound was initially muddy as most people have complained, and the vocals were very "muffled" sounding which was quite bothersome. However, those problems went away almost completely after the break-in period, providing very detailed and quite accurate sounds.

Just when I thought I could finally enjoy my music with a solid pair of earbuds, these broke. Nothing physically has been done to damage them, but the right ear just gradually went out-- it started going in and out, and now completely, all within a day (I have tested these on numerous sound generating devices, and confirmed that it's not just my iPod). I had just brought these a little more than a week!This makes me question how good/worth the money this product really is: I had put my trust into the newer JLab company thinking that these new innovators might bring more quality earbuds to the market, but I am really quite disappointed.

Words of advice: Be sure to check these out yourself before you buy these! The material used to make these does seem pretty good, but might be issues with design such as the ear pieces (which, by the way, are not completely noise canceling until you have stuck them really tightly into your ear), sound (for some), and quality (maybe I'm just really unlucky). I should mention another minor issue is that the only way to distinguish between left and right is by physically looking at the letters L and R on the side of the buds (the shape of the 2 sides are identical), which can be somewhat painstaking at a place with low light.

Good luck with your purchase, and make sure to look at Sennheiser and others, since this pair may cause you disappointment.
on December 17, 2012
These are really great headphones. They sound great, are an amazing deal. the price has really dropped in the last couple months. I have a pair in my bag, at work and at home. I use at least one pair every day.

I find the smallest rubber inserts block the most sound, the mediums are a little more comfortable.

These ear buds will get ear wax on them, but they can be cleaned by simply rubbing your finger along the inside of them. No need to disassemble.
on November 22, 2015
These buds are great. Maybe not the high high-end sound that costs hundreds of dollars, but I can use them every day without being overly careful about them getting caught in a car door. These are great for my kids too. If they get broken or stolen, its no big deal.

If you take the time to size the silicon bud, to get a nice seal, the sound including the bass is very nice. I am very picky about sound and these are my go to buds, even over some more expensive ones that I have.

Just remember these are Noise-Isolating and NOT Noise-Cancelling. That could be a bit confusing for some.
on June 12, 2011
I'm going to be straight up honest here: These won't last more than 3 months at a time. It's been 8 months since I purchased these for $14.95, and despite being on my third pair, I don't regret it. Yes, the sound isn't as great as they advertise, I think the treble needs some work. I love treble, I listen to a lot of ska and trumpets, I need my treble. Yes, they aren't as durable or rugged as they're advertised to be, they seem to always break at the point the cord attaches to the 3.5mm connector. And they aren't as noise canceling as you would be lead to believe either as the inserts are thin and have a tendency of forming a suction on the ear bud housing itself so they don't conform to the shape of your ears. Oh, and you have to pay extra for nicer inserts that that actually work and cancel more sound. And that burn-in period they recommend? Hardly changes the way the music sounds, the average Joe really have to compare a burned in unit and a new unit to tell the difference, as most of the time the perception of getting better sound is you just really adjusting.

So why give it 5 out of 5 stars? The replacement policy. It's no questions asked, second to none. So what if I'm on my third pair? So what if it'll probably go belly up in a month or so which has been the average for the last two pairs? I just ask, and I get a new pair a week later. So, out of 8 months, I've been headphoneless 2 weeks. That's darn good. No one else I've ever had headphones through has made the process this easy, this hassle-free. The service alone is were all the hype is at, my friends. For the whole warranty, you are without headphones for an estimated 7% of the time, and that is priceless. Viva la J-Buds!
on August 26, 2012
Short and sweet for the price u cannot beat it....high quality earbuds for the low quality price !!! Period. So if you want a great quality product get these you will not be disappointed !

Edit ... about 6 month's later : Talk about excellent customer service, my right ear bud went out probably a wiring issue. So I get on the JLab website file a claim, all I had to do was send them a screenshot of my Amazon receipt, and boom...got an email back about 10 mins later said that it was a go. I'll be gettin a brand new set probably in 3-4 days, and they gave me an option of a different color, which you know I switched it up. All I gotta say is, they have a customer for life just off customer service. The J2's are a great product don't get me wrong, but add AWESOME customer service in the mix. You already know.
on February 10, 2012
Oh thank you! Now they have a real reason to say they didn't hear, me... they are deaf! OK! They love them. Got these for the boys in different colors they love them, gives them a reason to get away with yelling at me! Seem to be working well so far, but my boys go through headphones, probably 30 pairs a year (not kidding), so we will see how these hold up. I may end up going Bose, they have some with a lifetime guarantee. Oh yeah, the review. They said they are comfy and that they really can't hear any background noise when they have them in, also, they are loud enough for the teacher to hear in class... so is that a plus?
on December 3, 2013
If you're looking for a step up from basic earbuds, these are a great step up for a very reasonable price. For years I used the Apple earbuds that came with my iPod/iPhone which I never really had a problem with. My brother convinced me to give these a try after he bought some on sale. I figured I'd give them a try, although I have to admit I was skeptical that there would really be much of a difference.

These earbuds are much more comfortable to me than my old iPod/iPhone earbuds. Instead of just kind of sitting at the edge of your ear canal these actually go down into your canal a bit (think earplugs). This has a couple advantages; first off they stay in your ears much better (great for running or working out). Secondly, they are better at isolating outside sound, which can make the sound better as well.

The one negative thing about these earbuds is that they recommend wearing them in. This means before you start wearing them they recommend that you play different sounds on them to optimize their sound quality (there is a link on their website that has the sounds). They recommend doing this for hours before using them. I did this for two nights in a row when I went to bed, which I think is the best way to do it.
on February 15, 2012
I just bought a 6th gen ipod nano and I didn't like the standard headphones that came with it. I did some research online and also went into a couple of stores like Best Buy and hhgreg. The Monster beat headphones originally caught my eye, but I'm not willing to pay $200 to $300 for headphones! That's when I saw the JBuds brand. I couldn't listen to them in store so I did some research on them and looked at the reviews. The ratings were decent so I decided to pull the trigger on the older version of JBuds J2 model. These ear buds are awesome!

I never worked out with earbuds before so I was afraid that they would easily fall out, but these earbuds stay put no matter what exercise I'm doing. (Hang cleans, jump squats, box drills,etc.)

The sound is pretty good and it puts out some pretty good bass quality for earbuds.

I would definitely recommend getting these and if you want more improved sound, they have alot of good choices with higher quality for really affordable prices.

You can't beat the price and the quality is astounding plus you can register your earbuds at the site and it will cover them for a year in case anything happens.

See 1 answered question