on August 8, 2011
Verified Purchase
I would have rated this a 3, except that I'm not sure they could be too much better. The real problem here is that a tablet is way too big for this type of screen protector, especially when the fit is so "perfect." This thing is literally within microns of the TF's screen size. That's great, except that (as others have noted) it's extremely difficult to line up properly. The first one I tried to apply was less than a millimeter off on the last corner I put down, but that is more than enough for it to rest on the edge of the screen bezel, creating a giant air bubble at the edge. Pulling it up and trimming it seemed like a good idea at the time; not only did it look terrible at the edge, but too much dust got underneath it that time. Fortunately, a 2-pack of these is cheaper than many other brands' single packs, so I didn't feel ripped off.

I do highly recommend using the "steaming shower" method of eliminating dust from the air in the bathroom. You don't want enough to fog up the mirrors, or you'll get water underneath the film. Just enough that the dust will stay down. Then, following the directions, apply it VERY carefully. No, more carefully than that. However accurate you think it is, make it more accurate. My second attempt was much better, but it still has a recurring "edge bubble" at the top. For the price I paid, I can live with it.

I think the wet application protectors are probably more difficult to apply, but yield much better results. If the bubble on this one really starts to bother me, I'll probably try one of those. The wet application process is similar to that of applying tinting film to a car window (the professional kind, not the Wal-Mart kind), and therefore seems to me to be better suited to a larger surface. I've done a little window tinting before, so the difficulty level doesn't worry me much.

But, for the price and relatively easy application, this product is worthwhile. It is definitely crystal clear, and does not seem to affect the touchscreen performance.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 3, 2011
Verified Purchase
I found this to be a pretty easy installation, and the alignment / size worked out just right.

Very clear! You can't tell that it is there, except that it seems to show less fingerprints than the actual screen showed.

Some of the reviews make it sound somewhat finicky to install, but I didn't experience any difficulties.

I cleaned the screen with the small cleaning cloth they supplied.

Peeled back about an inch of the cover sheet, and then aligned the bottom edge of the protector sheet with the bottom edge of the screen.

Continued to peel off the cover sheet while I was allowing the remainder of the protector sheet to contact the screen - a little at a time.
This made handling the protector much easier, because this way you don't need to worry about touching the "sticky" side.
I don't have the instructions in front of me, but I think that the instructions simply said to remove the protector sheet. This would have made handling the protector sheet more difficult while you were trying to properly align it with the screen. Leave the cover sheet on as long as you can . . . . much easier.

They supplied a small card which facilitates in running out any air bubbles which may become entrapped.
There were a couple of small bubbles which I couldn't seem to get out. But thanks to an earlier reviewer's comments I decided to leave the last few bubbles when they seemed determined to stay in place.
True to that reviewer's comments, the bubbles were gone the next day.
It seems that the smaller bubbles are able to permeate the material in order to escape . . . or maybe it is magic. :-)
I can't say how large of a bubble this would work with, but mine were probably no larger than the size of a pencil lead's diameter.

I'm very satisfied with this purchase, and I would recommend it without reservation.
on July 29, 2011
Verified Purchase
amCase's Premium Screen Protector fit my Asus Transformer perfectly! It took a couple of tries to get it on straight. It is SUCH A PERFECT FIT that if you don't have it ALL THE WAY to the edge it hangs over on the opposite side. Once I realized it I peeled it up and reset it without an issue. I took my time and the result was an almost perfect overlay. I used the included plastic card to remove a couple bubbles and was ready to go in no time. The entire process took about 5 minutes - not bad for a first-timer. The holes for the cam, etc. were perfectly matched. I couldn't have been more pleased. A side bonus was that a cleaning cloth and card were included with each protector (my pack had two protectors). So I didn't have to hold onto extra parts. Sometime down the road I simply need to pull the other envelope out and all the tools are there. Thanks for a great product at a great price! I won't hesitate to come back in the future!
on December 25, 2011
Verified Purchase
Pros:
1. Perfect Fit, no need for cutting or clipping it's ready to go right out of the pack.
2. Does NOT reduce touch screen effectiveness.
3. Gives you a little extra piece of mind when it comes to scratches.
4. Sooo much better than flimsy wet applicators, no need for curing or waiting 24 hours for bubbles to go away.
5. Durable, I've had this on for months without peeling.

Cons:
1. A little pricey, true $8-10 is the going rate for this stuff but still it's just a piece of plastic.

Other thoughts:
Some are saying this is difficult to apply. TRUST ME WET APPLYING SCREEN PROTECTORS ARE MUCH HARDER TO APPLY!!
It's true it may require about 10 minutes of concentration but it's well worth the protection it gives.

Tips:

1. The adhesive side of the screen protector is covered by a non-sticky piece of plastic right out of the package.(It will say step one on it)

2. Don't peel this off completely, instead gradually pull it off while simultaneously applying the adhesive side to your transformer.

This will allow you to pull it off if you make a mistake without it being ruined. It also keeps dust and other particles from getting
stuck between the screen & the screen protector.
on November 3, 2011
Verified Purchase
I recently purchased the amCase Screen Protectors for my Asus Transformer Tablet. My order was received promptly and in excellent condition. The package contained 2 screen protectors, so I have an extra one for use at a later date. I cleaned the screen on the tablet with a microfiber cloth to remove all fingerprints and prepared the screen protector for installation. It was a simple process to follow and the screen protector comes with tabs attached for easy removal. The screen protector is exact size, which was perfect! There was no cutting/sizing involved. I simply pulled back Tab 1 which allows for the "sticky" side to be exposed. I lined up the screen protector at one top corner and then the bottom corner of one side and continued to pull off Tab 1 as I used the "bubble remover" (which is included) to keep the air bubbles out and keep the screen protector smooth and neat looking. Once I had reached the other side, the screen protector was in place. You then pull Tab 2, which takes the sheet off the face of the screen protector and you're done. It was that simple! Now it can be easily wiped off at any time and my actual tablet screen is protected! A+ product!
on October 29, 2011
Verified Purchase
This screen protector was ridiculously easy to apply. To date, I have applied 3 screen protectors - one on a digital camera (badly), one on a phone (well), and this. The phone protector took me 20 minutes and 3 tries and I still couldn't prevent one bubble. This took all of 5 minutes and it went perfectly on the FIRST try. Just follow all the advice:

Do it in a bathroom where a shower has run for a couple minutes (not long enough to get steamy, just enough to settle any dust).
Use strong lighting.
Have a piece of scotch tape ready (I didn't need it).
Clean the screen well (and if possible, remove the OEM packaging just before applying the protector).
While removing the first film , keep the sticky side DOWN.
Only peel the starting edge to begin with.
Don't touch the sticky stuff.
Line up the camera side first, and push it all the way against the "lip" around the gorilla glass.
Go slow, make sure it's perfect as you go, and presto!

The plastic is quite thick, and once started, basically applies itself. The hardest part was seperating the first film on the camera edge first - the tab is on a lower corner, so I had to do some fiddling. But it went on SO EASILY! I was amazed.

It does show a lot of fingerprints, but no more than the glass would. The screen clarity and color is just as perfect as a naked screen. And the screen still responds instantly to my very light touch. I would definitely buy this again!
Verified Purchase
this is a comparison of two products; one from HandHelditems, the other from am Case.

Be sure to read the update at the bottom of this review. It definitely favors the HandHelditems protector.

Both protectors were accurately cut.
I had originally tried the HandHelditems protector and left negative seller feedback: no instructions included, and it left bubbles over lint.
Their Customer Service contacted me soon afterward and offered me a free replacement. Meantime I had ordered a different protector for my Asus Eee Pad from amCase. It got delivered but I held on to it to await the handHelditems replacement.

here is the result: the amCase protector now resides on my Eee Pad.

I first tried the [instructions included] handHelditems replacement. This second one ended up with the same problems: lint, and bubbles. Within 5 minutes of discarding that one I successfully installed the amCase protector. Same environment---kitchen table. (And I have also successfully installed a protector on Wife's iPad.)

The amCase has no bubbles whatsoever....it took about 10 minutes of work to get them out, but the lint was not there. The bubbles on the HandHelditems protector were not to be worked out. I believe the problem is with HandHelditems's lint remover cloth. First, it is way too small---about 1/5 the size of the amCase lint remover material. But the fundamental problem with the HandHelditems cloth is that it actually CREATES lint. I could shake it and watch llint come off. Perhaps it is due to the jagged scissors edge on it, probably made with a scissors? I could actually watch lint get attracted (static?) onto the screen within seconds of wiping with the cloth.

The amCase "cloth" is more like a parchment material; straight edge, and it seems to create less static attraction.

The performance comparison is this: the HandHelditems protector did have some glare reduction, the amCase one does not. My assessment of fingerprints is that they are about equal.

11/9/2011 update:
HandHelditems sent me a third protector sheet. I have applied it and it still has bubbles. To its credit it is definitely more of a matte finish and reduces glare so I have left it on in spite of 10 or so stubborn bubbles which do not seem to be associated with lint, but just air underneath. Wish List: wish someone would come up with a matte finish but which reduces bubbles by itself overnight. I cannot recall the brand name...we got it at Best Buy for wife's iPad.

11/14/2011 update: As of yesterday all 10 of the bubbles in under the HandHelditems protector were not there. Go figure, but this definitely favors the HandHelditems protector.....no negatives, and you get the glare and fingerprint reduction benefit.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 29, 2011
Verified Purchase
Don't bother buying. It's impossible to install and keep the air bubbles out. When you use the cardboard device to take the bubbles out, it scratches the surface of the film. It's a waste of time and money. DON'T BUY
on December 14, 2011
Verified Purchase
I had a tech guy install Norton mobile on my EEE pad and asked him to install the screen protector. He told me when I returned that it was about 1/4" short of the proper fit, so doesn't seem to work and I doubt that I can return it. Hmmm.
on September 16, 2011
Verified Purchase
These screen protectors are among the easiest to install. Make sure your area is dust free, wash your hands and clean your screen really well. As many others have said, the fit is cut almost too perfectly and doesn't allow for much human error, so it's important to be extremely patient when setting it onto the screen. I found it easiest to peal back a couple inches from one of the corners and set the corner first. Other than the fit, this screen protector is SO easy to install that you just need to let it cling to the glass in order to make sure you have it lined up correctly. I had to tinker with it for a good 5 minutes before committing and peeling back the rest of the plastic cover. It ended up being PERFECT, no bubbles or lint stuck underneath (I made sure to remove anything suspicious with scotch tape while applying), except for a bubble a few millimeters wide in the far corner from where I started. This was a very simple fix - lift it slightly and cut the corner until it fit.

I had a Zagg InvisibleShield screen protector on my ASUS Transformer. During installation, I managed to pick up a piece of black lint that was very distracting - so I ended up removing it. Compared to Zagg, ease of application was 100 times better, and I find the clarity to be much improved as well.

I will without a doubt buy these again, should the need arise.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations