Top positive review
47 people found this helpful
The Best 140mm PWM fan on the market
on September 23, 2013
I'm not fan boy of Noctua, but since moving toward Fractal Design Define R4 i struggle to find 140mm PWM fans, there are some options like Akasa, Noiseblockers, etc, but by fan this were the best that i have tested.
- Incredible quiet operation under low rpms
- Very pleasant tone under low to medium rpms.
- Moves a good amount of air for the noise it produces.
- Incredible range of operation on PWM control, 184-1619 rpms (under FanXpert2 check pictures above)
- Very good static pressure, good for rads and restricted spaces like behind fan filters.
- Extensive accessories included, rubber screws, 4pin extension, Y PWM splitter, LNA Adapter, fan screws.
- Great packaging, a little overdue, but you feel you getting what you pay for.
- Color scheme, i bet if Noctua changed to a black/white theme they will increase their sales, still dont like their brown theme.
- It produces a weird noise when the fan in placed horizontal and behind a grill, but blowing up disappears
This fans are great for someone looking for controlling all their fans via PWM control, specially under Asus FanXpert2, only true PWM header is the CPU_FAN, do not use this fans on CHA_FAN headers as they will be voltage controlled and not only they wont drop as low as they are rated but they become unstable and stop, so use them only on PWM header. If you want to use them on other headers buy the FLX/ULN versions they are design for 3pin voltage controlled headers.