Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:17 Mins
Published 7 months ago by M. Erb

3.0 out of 5 stars Comparison of spatulas
These spatulas were not as "deep" as others we have used. I don't know if you have other types, but we will try something different next time.
Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Steel shaft makes the handle nice and stiff but at the risk of possibly punching a hole through the silicone, March 18, 2014
This review is from: Premium Silicone Spatulas Set of 4 with Hygienic Solid Coating - Bonus Cookbook - Lifetime Guarantee (Kitchen)
Length:: 3:17 Mins

I do a lot of cooking and use a lot of spatulas in the course of all that cooking. A few of the spatulas that I use have been in use for many years and are still going strong. I've also recently had some silicone spatulas that have literally started disintegrating after only a few weeks of use. So all silicone spatulas are not necessarily going to be durable or long lasting.

It's funny in a way how used to silicone spatulas I have become. Since silicone has a very high tolerance to heat, I don't think twice any more about using one to stir butter that is in a hot pan or use it to flip a burger. I had a wake up call recently when we were using a spatula that was in the kitchen of a friends house. I just forgot that not all spatulas are made of silicone... some are just plastic. Plastic melts. And when I used the spatula in the hot frying pan, it completely melted the head as I was stiring something in the pan. Doh!

So needless to say, I'm a big fan of silicone spatulas.

These spatulas have a metal shaft completely encased with silicone. They are just one piece unlike most of my other spatulas which have heads that can be removed from the handle for cleaning. Since these have a steel shaft encased in the silicone, there is no need to have a detachable head thus it is seamless and therefore more hygenic since it is easier to clean. I do have a concern however, particularly with the shorter spatula. The metal shaft does not extend the full length of the handle. The top inch or two of silicone can bend over quite easily over the end of the internal metal shaft and I worry that eventually the metal might poke a hole through the silicone.

You might think that the steel handle would cause these to get really hot if you were stirring simmering soup or something like that... but silicone happens to be an excellent insulator so that is not an issue at all.

The shorter spatula is about 8.5 inches long and is handy for using in small bowls and also as a spreader for certain types of tasks. The larger spatula is about 11.25" long and has a thicker handle. But that one has a mold release seam along both sides of the handle that is a bit uncomfortable in my hand. I've never had a spatula that had a rough edge on the handle before so that's the reason I deducted a star from my rating.

Only time will tell how these hold up over the long haul. They seem sturdy and as long as the metal shaft doesn't eventually punch a hole through the silicone outer shell, they should be long-lived. I do absolutely like that these are one piece which makes them much easier to wash and keep clean.

I'll update my review as necessary.

I was provided a sample for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my use:, March 22, 2014
I have begun using silicone spatulas, which are awesome because I can use them in pans as well as bowls! These are perfectly shaped, with a rounded edge for bowls and a pointed edge for corners! And best of all, they are a single, solid piece! There are no cracks or crevices to worry about food getting into them.

I do a lot of canning, including jellies, which makes this an ideal instrument! And having four of them on hand means I always have a clean one to grab! I do appreciate the smaller one for small jobs, but I appreciate it even more for when my granddaughter helps me! It is just perfect for small hands.

I received a complimentary set to check out and test for my review. I am happy to be able to give them five stars.

EDITED: I had to add this in! I have been making caramel, which needs high temperatures to cook. I was able to use these when I was working with the caramel and they did an awesome job! It was so nice not to worry about the spatulas and even more, not to have to worry about cleaning these up. They worked perfectly in the heat and cleaned up perfectly.

I know, they are "just spatulas," but they are very nice ones. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute essential starter set for a great price!, January 29, 2014
This is an excellent starter set, for any serious cook who desires to keep a pristine kitchen! I have been concerned about the bacteria present in spatulas/bowl scrapers which have two parts. I threw away all my two-part spatulas/bowl scrapers and purchased these "unibody" silicone spatulas. The have a solid steel core so they will last a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and durable, yet easy to clean - these spatulas are perfect for many kitchen tasks, March 31, 2014
The kitchen utensils I use most frequently are my heat resistant spatulas with a straight edge on the bottom. No matter how many of these I have, I never seem to have enough. StarPack’s Silicone Spatula Set of 4 is one of my favorite sets of such spatulas. They have the straight edge on the end that I like for stirring things where you must scrape the bottom of the pan. Made of silicone, I can scrape my pots and pans with these without damaging the finish. The rounded corners of the spatulas are perfect for scraping in the rounded corners of bowls and pots.

These spatulas are heat resistant, but work equally well for stirring cool items. They are very strong, so they are able to mix even very tough ingredients without breaking. In fact, unlike my other spatulas, these are one piece, so I have no worries the handle will separate from the spatula head.

The silicon handles are comfortable in your grip, and they don’t slip easily. They are easy to wash by hand or in the dishwasher – nothing I’ve used them for has stuck to them yet, and I used them while making homemade marshmallows recently.

The handles have a hole in the end so if you like to hang them from a hook, you can. I keep them in my utensil drawer and they red color makes them easy to spot in the hodge podge of utensils I have there.

I am very happy with these spatulas and cannot recommend them highly enough. I received this set free to review, but I will definitely keep an eye on this brand’s other kitchen tools when I need to purchase something again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good spatula set..., March 18, 2014
Once you use these you will wonder how you lived without them.
I never thought much about spatulas, until it started to cook more and I realized how bad the ones I had were.

These cover most sizes and also are heat resistant to 450 degrees! You can mix something that is actually in your oven. Also, they have no crevices so no bacteria can get caught anywhere...nice touch.
Lastly, they are dishwasher safe. Very nice set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Spatulas!, August 7, 2014
Great spatulas! I bought these to replace my Pampered Chef spatulas that were breaking down. I am really happy with them. The only thing is that I wish they had other colors to choose from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well-made, and at a good price, August 4, 2014
OK, these are great.

Not only are they some of the best silicone spatulas I've used, but the price point is good.

I love silicone spatulas in general. They keep their integrity in hotter solutions than rubber ones, and last far longer. The problem is that most of them have a silicone scraper (or spoon/scraper) part attached to a wooden or plastic handle. I've had one wooden handle break, and the plastic ones tend to allow the spatula part to slide off, usually into a hot sauce or similar. Annoying!

I got one silicone spatula about a year ago that was one-piece- meaning, both the scraping part and the handle were dipped, so they did not separate in use. I loved it, but it was a bit pricey...

And then I found this set! They're at least as good as the stand-alone one- the scraping parts seem to have a bit more flex- but feel even sturdier in my hand AND are more affordable.

I do wish they made a spoon/spatula, and/or a really narrow one for small jars... but these are great. I'm sure they will last for years, and the color makes them easy to grab.

Excellent product!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these things!, July 26, 2014
Maybe after having these for only a day or two, I called up my sister and made sure she had enough. These were so cool, I wanted an excuse to buy more as gifts. They have a great weight to them. They don't feel like the cheap-featherweight ones I've come across before. They have a traditionally soft edges/tips, but because they are a single piece, that material is what covers the whole handle too. They must have a metal core and are covered in that great silicone. It is great that they come in a four pack. It may seem like a lot, but trust me, you'll fall in love and never be without a clean one. I got ill after seeing what was under the silicone tip of my old spatula and went in search of a single piece spatula. These prevent nasty things from growing under your old spatula tips. There's the best thing out there, and for a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Spatulas Ever, March 9, 2014
Rae Ah Na (North Dakota, USA) - See all my reviews
I had to post this review after just making peanut brittle with one of the large-sized spatulas. I've used spatulas before that were supposed to be rated for higher temperatures, only to have them get rough or bendy at the tip. This spatula went to hard crack stage (300+ degrees) scraping the bottom of the pan constantly, and you would never know it. Took it like a champ. Still looks brand new.

I also love the fact that I received two different sizes and two a piece. Spatulas come in handy when you're not afraid to get your only one dirty. With this set, you have backups. I can't count the number of times I have thought, "This would be so much easier with a spatula... No, I had better save my clean one for a spatula emergency."

And the seamless design is awesome. Can't say enough good things about these spatulas. Seems weird, gushing over spatulas. Reminds me of Weird Al's "Spatula City"... "My! Where did you get that lovely spatula?!" On Amazon, Yo!

Anyway I can't imagine what I would have to do to wear these out, but if rabid weasels sneak into my house and steal them away while I'm asleep, I would definitely buy them again. And some rabid weasel traps.

5.0 out of 5 stars These spatulas are awesome. I do a lot of cooking and I ..., September 25, 2014
These spatulas are awesome. I do a lot of cooking and I own a good few kitchen gadgets and implements. I looked around for a long time for a one piece silicone spatula. This one is heat resistant to over 400F, is a single piece of silicone with a metal core for added rigidity, but the tip area of the spatulas is still fairly flexible. It's a pack of 4 so you get 2 small ones and 2 larger ones. Nothing sticks to them. They're ridiculously easy to clean. There are no crevices or hidden areas for bacteria to grow. I've used them for a couple months now and they show no wear. They're the best spatulas I've ever owned. I've only opened one large and one small one so far. I don't really even need the other 2 because they're so easy and fast to clean by hand. 5 stars for sure.