Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 16, 2011 8:59:48 PM PDT
Brian says:
Not seeing one the SR3 store page. Anyone know?

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 9:28:51 PM PDT
vicsrealms says:
No information that I can tell. May have to pre-order from Steam at this point. Will wait and see.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 11:35:09 AM PDT
I'd bet amazon isn't going to partake in it at this point. That is since Steam and Direct2Drive both are.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 10:45:23 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 2, 2011 10:51:15 AM PDT]

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 10:47:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2011 10:53:20 AM PDT
ERW says:
Tough choice. Amazon PC download for this game on the PC is the best deal I've seen anywhere for now. $40 and you get the Prof. Genki stuff. It's a Steamworks game anyways so I'm not sure exactly that's going to work.

Buying direct from Steam is $50 for the game and Genki stuff and physical retail here is also $50 and I'm not even sure if you get the Genki stuff, either.

Otherwise I'm seriously considering buying direct from THQ. For $50 you get free shipping on the physical version otherwise you can do download of the game, the Genki stuff, AND...here's the big difference: "A Season Pass that includes three downloadable mission packs " <- If that's three $10 a pop DLCs you can figure out the value there pretty fast. THQ says it's around $20 or so worth of value but even at that it's still potentially pretty compelling.

I'd better make up my mind soon.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 2:31:25 PM PST
Well, while I do want the free DLC kicker from the pre-order bonus, I just love the feeling of having a physical PC DVD-ROM in my hands, not just a digital download. Sure, I would need Steam to play the game, anyway, but having the DVD on hand would really cut down on download times, and get you going right out of the box right away. Plus, if I build a new PC (especially with Windows 8 coming out, I usually build a new PC when Microsoft releases a new version of Windows), I'd like to have a DVD so that I can move SRTT to that new rig. We'll see how things go.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jul 16, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Saint's Row: The Third - PC (Standard Edition)
Saint's Row: The Third - PC (Standard Edition) by THQ (Windows Vista / XP)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (176)