Customer Discussions > Dark Souls - Playstation 3 forum

Preorder bonuses

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 17, 2011 2:17:07 PM PDT
S. Black says:
I have never preordered a game 8 months in advance, and i am skeptical... I wonder what bonuses preorder people get?

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 10:18:42 PM PDT
Stella S. says:
It is possible that Dark Souls will get the same treatment like Demon's Souls (i.e. limited guide, artbook, and case) so it's best to wait and see.

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 6:17:06 AM PDT
T. Gray says:
I loved the strategy guide in Demon's Souls. So helpful when needing to know where to farm and what was needed to make the unique weapons. I hope this one comes with it too.

Posted on May 11, 2011 10:00:40 AM PDT
Trainwreck says:
Quoted from gametrailers.com, "...Namco Bandai revealed the Limited Edition of the game at its recent Level Up event. The LE will include a fully illustrated guide book, an art book, the game's soundtrack, and a collection of "Making Of" movies. Best of all, the LE won't cost you a dime extra than the standard version of the game if you pre-order it ahead of the October release."

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6383/ps3darksoulslimited.jpg

Posted on May 11, 2011 12:14:42 PM PDT
@ Trainwreck: Not so much. Looks like everyone gets it if you pre-order. Amazon please update your page and consider it sold.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/11/dark-souls-collectors-edition-offered-as-pre-order-bonus/

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2011 12:18:29 PM PDT
I agree with Mr. Johnson. If we get the OST, art book, behind the scenes, etc. as a bonus for pre-ordering the standard edition please confirm and I will pre-order immediately.

Posted on May 11, 2011 1:46:12 PM PDT
All the stuf is shown under the product description, but nowhere it says if you are preordering the standard edition or the premium edition.

Please, confirm this, I would really hate to order the standard edition by mistake.

Posted on May 11, 2011 2:09:08 PM PDT
Kay Kudos says:
I am of the same mind - as soon as the site says we get the pre-order bonuses when pre-ordering, it shall be pre-ordered.

Posted on May 11, 2011 2:23:48 PM PDT
TK42OnE says:
Agreed. Please clarify if what we are pre-ordering now is the Collectors edition or not.

Posted on May 11, 2011 4:02:02 PM PDT
D. Maiman says:
I'm waiting to see if Amazon will update it as the limited edition.

Posted on May 11, 2011 4:07:10 PM PDT
C. D. Murray says:
You can just go ahead and pre order now, it wont hurt anything. You dont get charged until the game is about to ship, any pre order bonuses are automatically added to your existing pre order. If it turns out there is a CE you would be more interested in, cancel your current order and just pre order the CE. Retailers will not show any other versions of a game or bonuses until the information is relayed to them, even if it gets confirmed via a news outlet.

Posted on May 11, 2011 6:22:46 PM PDT
Matt H. says:
It looks like the CE is for preorders only, that's why it's the same price as the standard game. So basically it is the preorder bonus.

Posted on May 12, 2011 9:18:57 AM PDT
M. Savage says:
Perhaps the same method as Dragon Age II's Premium Edition?

Posted on May 12, 2011 10:50:33 AM PDT
Umbasa

Posted on May 12, 2011 1:50:05 PM PDT
Sean Farrell says:
Amazon just updated it. "Dark Souls Collector's Edition Upgrade: Order Dark Souls and recieve an automatic upgrade to the Collector's Edition for no extra charge. The CE will include a limited edition art book, a mini-strategy guidebook, behind-the-scenes videos, and the game's soundtrack for digital download -- all packaged with the game in a custom-designed metal case. No action is required to receive this upgrade on existing pre-orders."

Posted on May 16, 2011 1:34:23 PM PDT
BTW. Thank you Amazon for reflecting the recent change and (possibly / hopefully) reading this thread and acting on it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Apr 17, 2011
Latest post:  May 16, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dark Souls - Playstation 3
Dark Souls - Playstation 3 by Namco (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (577)