Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 13, 2012 4:57:36 AM PDT
J. Arthur says:
Heard that Buy.com cancelled the preorders that it had taken for the Ultimate Loot Chest yesterday. A friend of mine received a $10 credit for future use and an apology e-mail. Not sure what took them so long to cancel? They must have known before now that they were not going to receive stock. Bad way to handle business.

Glad that I went with Amazon for this pre-order.

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 5:42:39 AM PDT
B. Hunter says:
Everyone knew Buy.com wasn't going to receive them, Gearbox has stated months ago that BestBuy, Amazon, and Gamestop were the only retailers that were going to carry the product.

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 12:11:34 PM PDT
J. Arthur says:
Understood. I was just surprised that they held out until six days before launch to formally let people know. I assume that they have known for some time that they would not be receiving stock. Fry's, CD Universe, etc. all let customers know months ago that they would not be filling the pre-orders that they had taken.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 10:24:19 AM PDT
John says:
I am not sure about Fry's. I have seen several posts that people still have active orders. One person on the official Borderlands 2 forums recently reported that his local Fry's received them in-store and are ready to sell them on release day.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 10:00:24 AM PDT
To hell with Amazon. they tell me today my address and payment need to be update. so I do so and it rejects it. I contact customer service and they basically tell me "tough luck, screw you" and the loot box is sold out everywhere so I cant get it anywhere now. my son is gonna be heartbroken

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 11:54:02 AM PDT
M.B says:
Amazon is not to blame you should of been had your address and stuff undated. But It really do suckf or your son. Your best bet it to try Bestbuy early in the morning sometimes they have extra for people who cancel their order

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 5:20:05 AM PDT
I wanna know if the people who were ordering it from Buy.com are actually going to get theirs.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 9:18:52 AM PDT
J. Arthur says:
My understanding was that Buy.com just cancelled preorders. I have not heard of stores other than Best Buy, Amazon and GameStop getting the ULC. Someone said the other day that Fry's had copies, but I am somewhat doubtful.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 1:41:59 PM PDT
J.D. says:
Well that comment about it being only Best Buy, Amazon and Gamestop is wrong apparently. I received mine from J & R Music...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions