5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone loves it! Adults and kids!
Thank goodness it is coming out on dvd, because now I can take it out of my DVR where it has been for TWO YEARS.
My kids love this! Before they could talk they would "ask" for it -- at any time of year. It is the go-to show when they are overture, sick, etc. And, thankfully, it is one of those kids programs that adults never get tired of watching.
It is just...
Published on October 23, 2011 by Maria S.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not worth more than $5
This movie is cute, but I didn't realize it was under a half hour long. I paid $14 for what I thought was a full length movie. This is my fault, but I wanted others to realize that it was a short movie before paying full movie price. I arrived in great condition and within the delivery timeframe.
Published on January 1, 2012 by J. White

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone loves it! Adults and kids!, October 23, 2011
Maria S. "mariajl" (Glen Burnie, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prep and Landing (DVD)
It is just plain fun, well-paced, produced well...and tells a good moral story about responsibility.
We love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious, September 19, 2011
This review is from: Prep & Landing (DVD)
I do hope this comes out with the short sequels as well. It is hilarious. If you are a fan of shows like "24" or movies like "Mission Impossible" you will get a kick out this, that is the spin they put on the production of Santa's big night. The elves are in "prep and landing" division with their job being to secure the scene for Santa's arrival. Elf Wayne was passed up for a big promotion, it having been given to his old partner, and now he has a new, very green partner to train. He is not thrilled about it, and hence, is not giving it his best this year, then pandemonium ensues. The situation room always cracks me up- Magee with her many cups of cocoa,Tiny, and "patching you through!" office type humor there. We loved this too, it was a fixture on our DVR as well for a long time until it was accidentally erased- so please hurry and release it!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not worth more than $5, January 1, 2012
J. White (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Need a little holiday spirit?, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Prep and Landing (DVD)
Prep and Landing premiered in 2009 and has become a modern, holiday classic. We received our review copy over the weekend and my youngest has watched it four times. The animated Christmas special clocks in at 22 minutes, but there are plenty of other featurettes that add to the fun. I enjoyed the new mythos that Walt Disney Animation brought to the holiday season. The idea of a hi-tech team that prepares for the Big Guy's arrival at each house was a great way to make the story resonate with kids that use gadgets every day.

Here is the review from my eight year-old son:
Kids that like spy movies will like it because it starts out with lots of action. You think the elves are spies! I liked the prep and landing parts the best. It was like they were playing a real video game. It is a great Christmas show and kids are going to love it. You should buy it now so you can watch it a lot before Santa comes.
So, after dictating his thoughts to me, he grabbed the copy of the show and started watching it for the fifth time.

This one is definitely a winner in our house.

Bonus Features:
Prep & Landing Stocking Stuffer Shorts:
Tiny's Big Adventure-The assistant to the North Pole Christmas Eve Command Center is trying to make a pot of coffee and in the process, accidentally ruins the elves' break room.
Operation Secret Santa-Lead elves Lanny and Wayne are sent on a special assignment by Mrs. Clause (voice of Betty White) into Santa's office
Prep & Landing Kringle Academy Training Videos-Entertaining Elf training videos shot in Santa's workshop - Elfdate.com/The Fruitcake Factory/Spa Navidad - Welcome to Kringle Academy - Kringle Academy Equipment Training - Academy Do's and Don'ts

5.0 out of 5 stars A NEW Holiday Treat, December 2, 2011
Robert M. Gaul "Bobby G" (Ft. Wayne, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prep and Landing (DVD)
When I saw the previews for this several years ago, I KNEW this would be another hit from Disney...and it looks like a LOT of folks agree.

The story is wonderful and masterfully done using all the "special ops" protocol that makes it all the more exciting. It's one of the FASTEST half hours in TV history!

The characters are fantastic, and the actors chosen for them could not be better.
The CGI is outstanding.
This has fast become a new holiday "tradition" at our house.

Plus, you can also stop on by the Disney website and actually "take part" at the Kris Kringle Academy, and see if YOU have what it takes to be an Elf like Lanny or Wayne.

This is a must have DVD for Christmas...and it truly does help "to make the season bright"...for "children" of EVERY age.
I give it TWO (cookie and milk-stained) thumbs UP!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is so TINSEL!!!, October 14, 2011
This review is from: Prep and Landing (DVD)
I fell in love this this short film from the second I saw the first preview, it gave me two of my favorite winter sayings "This is so tinsel!" and "oooh, frostbite!" =)
I love Christmas and this is such a fun new take on it and very spirited. My only wish and disappointment is that it is so short, so I am very excited to see that there will be bonus shorts on the dvd.
This will make my Christmas season so much more enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best holiday specials to be made, November 16, 2011
This review is from: Prep and Landing (DVD)
There may be only one holiday special better than this one, but by Santas beard they did an incredible job with this show's production. A very original show with a few nods to other classics, the theme and designs are extremely well done. Disney should get a lump of coal in their stockings though for only releasing this on DVD instead of Blu-ray as well not including the newest short sequel in the release this year. Maybe could upgrade that to a coal powdered fruit cake if they still release such a Blu-ray a little later in the year. But Disney showed that the commercialization of Christmas is still a factor with such a release, which means they need to re-watch this movie and the other best Christmas special to maybe get things right with a future release of the Prep and Landing franchise.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Short is SOOOOOOO Tinsel!!!, November 11, 2011
This review is from: Prep and Landing (DVD)
I love that they have added to this franchise every year since the original Prep & Landing came out. I hope they continue to create new ones each year! The first year this came out I watched it over and over all season long. It is so clever and so adorable, young and old will love it!
2009 Prep & Landing
2010 Prep & Landing: Operation Secret Santa
2011 Prep & Landing: Naughty or Nice?

3.0 out of 5 stars snitch and bait movie, December 8, 2011
This review is from: Prep and Landing (DVD)
The movie was great however because it was only 22 minutes short(I mean long), it should not be the same price as a full length movie. it would have been better if they had another short movie to fill the gap.

My 9yr loved the movie but she was shocked and disappointed when it ended so quickly. Her exact words were
"What happened? It done already, that sucks."

The plus is that there are some bonus features, but some are not that impressive.

Therefore my suggestion is to rent the movie and save some money

Prep and Landing

4.0 out of 5 stars So cute...but so short!!, December 3, 2011
This review is from: Prep and Landing (DVD)
First, let me say that this movie is really cute. I loved the entire concept of it and wondered why they didn't make it last longer than 22 minutes.
Second, it is only 22 minutes. I misread it when I bought it at the toy store and thought it was 72 minutes long. Thankfully, it was on sale because I would have been more than irritated to spend $16.99 on such a short movie. Like I said before...it is great and my son loved it, but he was very disappointed when it ended so quickly.

Prep and Landing
Prep and Landing by Prep & Landing (DVD - 2011)
Used & New from: $6.93