4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice! You can't go wrong with this one.
Published 21 months ago by Ernie Mudd

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of work to put together
Published 20 months ago by Debby

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice! You can't go wrong with this one., December 26, 2012
This review is from: Prepac Cherry Double Width Wall Media (DVD,CD,Games) Storage Rack (Kitchen)
Received this unit promptly, in good order, no flaws. Wood veneer is very thin but well adhered and very nice looking (no bumps or bubbles)! It does rather look like "real wood". Easy to put together and fairly sturdy. Loaded it up with all our DVD's and music CD's and still have some room to expand. There is an odd open space left at the top, not quite large enough for another row of CD's, and two extra shelves leftover, but I figure that is because we are using it for DVD clamshells as well as music CD's; I reckon if one used it exclusively for music CD's it would size out perfectly. All in all I am very pleased with this unit! When I fill it up completely I will probably buy another!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive media case, May 14, 2012
I am very happy with its appearance. The shelves are easily adjustable, and it looks like furniture. Assembly was quick (and I'm a 64-yo couch potato) and although I don't think it'll survive a big earthquake, it's quite sturdy for everyday use.

Overall, I got every bit what I was hoping for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good media shelf for storage, August 29, 2012
This shelf is fairly durable, although the instructions were a bit hard to follow at times, everything had to be assembled. It does have a large amount of DVD storage room, although the shelf placement makes a little bit harder to maximize the storage space as advertised. Certainly a decent shelf for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Made, Easy to Assemble, March 7, 2013
My living room put tight limits on what I could use for media storage, and this unit filled the bill. It was well made and easy to put together, and although it would not stand on its own when filled, attaching it to the wall was simple. Note on Prepac: One shelf was defective, so I went on line and requested a new one. They responded quickly and I received the new shelf yesterday. Good work on their part. But then, they appear to be Canadian, and we all know how nice Canadians are.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some small flaws, but overall a solid product., January 11, 2013
I needed a storage center for to organize my video game collection, and this fit the bill pretty well - nice color, adjustable shelves, tall enough to hold plenty of games but narrow enough to fit where I wanted it; at the time, it was on sale for an unbeatable $49.99; there was no way I could pass that up.

When the box arrived, I was greeted by a bunch of otherwise well-packed wood coated with a fine layer of sawdust. While it wasn't really noticeable on the cherry-colored sides, center, and top, it contrasted badly with the black backboards, shelves, and bottom; wiping everything down added at least ten minutes to the assembly time.

The first few steps of the actual assembly were easy enough; in another twenty minutes or so I had the sides and center firmly attached to the top and bottom, and was ready to attach the back panels. Up until this point, I'd been impressed, aside from the sawdust.

Now, the manual listed the back as two separate panels - one for the left side, and one for the right - but this isn't truly the case. Instead there're four panels of the proper height but half the width, taped in pairs to make two panels of the proper width and height. Even if the tape hadn't started unsticking itself from the panels, there's no denying that the panels weren't cut to the proper size in the first place.

Initially, I thought I'd best just ignore the instructions, grab a bottle of wood glue, and glue the panels in place; instead I decided I was better off following the instructions and nailing everything into place. I would've been better off with the wood glue; I'll admit I'm a poor handyman, but even I can't have missed the proper mark so many times. There're no exact markers for putting the nails in the back, other than that they should be 2-3 inches away from corners. Somehow I managed to put 4 nails through the back, drilling just to the left or right of the center support, and I even managed to put one through the left side, chipping away a good deal of finish. I suppose I have only myself to blame, but I think there were better ways to get the back assembled.

After the back was set up and I positioned the tower where I wanted it, adding shelves was a breeze. Put in four pegs on the side you want the shelf on (two on the left/right side, and two in the center), slide the shelf in, and rest it properly on the peg. There's something close to a quarter-inch to half-inch gap between the back of the unit and the back of the shelf, but unless you've got something with almost no depth going there, you shouldn't have a problem, and once you've filled out the shelf you won't notice it anyways.

Aside from the sawdust and the back panel, I can't really complain. The unit stands on its own very well, even without tying it to a wall as the manual suggests. You won't be using all the shelves if your media is anything larger than CD cases, but even with 12 shelves/14 compartments it's holding as much as I expected it to, with a bit of room for my collection to expand - I'll put a picture up in the product gallery if I can, to give a good example. I can't say for certain that I'd buy it at full price, but at $50 it definitely outdoes the competition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, August 23, 2013
Great product. Be prepared -- it's big. I thought we had a lot of DVD's, but we barely filled half the unit. Put books in the rest. One caveat is that the shelves -- including the top -- do not have their undersides painted black, so they look wierd viewed from down low, like the floor. Needed to paint the top shelf's bottom black to look better.

5.0 out of 5 stars CDs Fit Great!, February 20, 2013
If you're looking for a way to display and store your CDs, this wall media storage rack is a great fit. It doesn't take up too much space while it has the potential of storing about 550 CDs. The picture matches the product and we are pleased with the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of work to put together, January 14, 2013
I must learn to read sizes, as this was much smaller than I thought, and it can be hung on the wall, which was not indicated. The reason I'm writing this review, is to indicate the amount of work it takes to put this little guy together. Both my husband and I had to interpret the instructions, measure for nail placement of backing, as one needs to hold in place, while the other pounds nails or you'd mar the cherry, by sitting it down. We also had to vacuum the individual pieces right out of the box, as it came loaded with sawdust, as if right off the shop floor. The backing is cardboard/paperboard painted black. It looks okay, but the original price was $117 (or close to that) and marked down to $49.95 which I feel was still overpriced, more like $30 would have been reasonable, especially due to the amount of work to put together. I hope this is useful info for someone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not evenly spaced for DVDs, January 12, 2013
I really like this shelf but the first thing I noticed after I assembled it is that it is not evenly spaced for DVDs. You have five dvd shelves and one extra shelf at the bottom the size of a CD shelf. As for CDs however, there are a total of 8 evenly spaced shelves. Since the main reson I bought this was for CD storage, this minor set back doesn't really bother me. By the way the shelf numbers are for one side of the unit in total you would have 10 DVD shelves and 16 CD shelves.

As for assembly I thought the process was pretty simple and straight forward. The trickiest part is lining up the back panels just right so that you have room to nail them on without missing a board. I managed ok with this but it is a bit annoying. Other than that you have 3 dowels 3 cam locks and 6 screws to hold it all together and it is sturdy. You nail in the plastic coasters and nail the back panels on and then just put your shelves in with little metal studs that can be adjusted anyway you want.

I got this shelf on sale for $49.99 free super saver shipping and couldn't pass it up. I would recommend this shelf for that price to anyone looking for a nice looking sturdy shelf.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty!, April 25, 2014
These shelves are very nice looking, the color is gorgeous. It holds 280 DVDs on the 10 shelves that will fit DVDs. The way we set it up, there's an extra space where we can fit more DVDs sideways, but this is obviously deisgned to fit all CDs. Very sturdy, doesn't lean! Will be getting another one once our movie collection expands!

Prepac Cherry Double Width Wall Media (DVD,CD,Games) Storage Rack
$171.80 $117.06
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.