Published 16 months ago by nursethalia

3.0 out of 5 stars While I do like the product...
Published 20 months ago by Mike Descalzo

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous, modern-looking space saver. Using it as a closet desk!, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Prepac White Floating Desk with Storage (Misc.)
Our house is very small - one bedroom with a shared office. We needed all the space we could manage, so I traded in my writing desk for this floating one. While quite time consuming to put together, it looks absolutely gorgeous once installed, and has saved us quite a bit of space; we installed inside the office closet, where it fits comfortably with about 5" clearance on either side. I've always wanted a "closet desk", and the floating feature gives me plenty of leg room, as well as area to store filing cabinets and other storage bins if need be.

There is a hidden shelf on the bottom in the back that faces the wall - this is where I've hidden my huge surge protector, so only a few of my many cords are visible. There's a small hole in the center bottom so that I can turn the surge protector off if the power goes out (you have to lie on your back on the floor to access it, so it's completely hidden from normal view). The upper shelf is larger than I thought - I was able to fit my Aqueon 17771 Mini Bow 2-1/2 Desktop Aquarium without it sticking out at all - my betta likes watching me work, and seems to be much happier somewhere where he can see me most of the working day!

Because I was unable to find the dimensions of the middle cutout area for a computer on any sites, I was unsure my 27" iMac would fit. It ended up being a perfect fit - see my customer photo. The inner section of this area measures 27" wide and 20 1/2" tall, so if you want to be able to tuck your computer into it for more desk space, make sure it fits within these dimensions. If a 27" iMac fits, I'm pretty sure most desktops should do fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Idea for Makeup desk, February 24, 2013
I use this desk in my bedroom for a MakeUp vanity. I added a Mirror in the back and an electrical outlet for my straight Iron.
It definitely saves space and is great to vacuum under. Just pull up a chair and you feel like your at the salon.

4.0 out of 5 stars The good, the bad, and the informed., December 7, 2013
I hope that this review will help you make an informed choice when it comes to computer desk.

I gave this desk a four star only based on a couple of reasons. The first is the fact that I actually love the look and design of the desk. The second is that it creates leg room and de-clutters the computer area. If you were to ask me if I would purchase it again, I would say "yes". It is a beautiful and spacious piece.

Now for a little on the concerns for new buyers. Go ahead of time and get your own lag bolts from a "do it yourself store". They sent three with the desk and all three broke. But I was prepared because of a review that I had already read. Also the desktop itself had two small spots with chips. One spot is the size and shape of the tip of your fingernail. The other is the corner of the desktop. It appears to just be crumpled a little. I cannot say where the dents/chips came from since the box was open upon arrival. But with that said I am still happy with the desk. I can live with the dents for the price, look, and feel of the desk.

I would also recommend this desk if you are not easily discouraged. For the purpose it is perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, January 20, 2013
This review is from: Prepac White Floating Desk with Storage (Misc.)
Just finished installing it this morning. The instructions were clear, easy to put together, doesn't take any special tools. Anytime something comes with Allen wrenches, I cut them off and use them in my cordless drill. Measure before you install; the lower stabilizer will block outlets. I raised it 1.5" higher than it said and it's fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does as it should, with nice style., February 14, 2013
First, the shipping on this item took a bit to process. Took well over a week to arrive, but that's fine as it arrived unscathed.

Second. Assembly is easy with all things considered. There is a moderate number of panels to assemble, so it is fairly time consuming (approx. 1.5 - 2 hours unless you're a wizz at this sort of thing)

Third. My primary gripe about the product is that the small side shelves are just a smidgen too small for a DVD case to stand upright. I don't really have much else to put in these shelves, so they're minimally useful...Could always leave one shelf out, but that just messes with the symmetry of things!

Fourth. I have no issues with the wire cut-outs as another reviewer suggested. However, I am using the desk as more of a laptop home-base, so this means less A/C adapters than many.

Finally. Overall a great product, that does as it's supposed to. Well designed, and the instructions don't require an engineering degree to decipher. A drill is stated as required, but I would also recommend access to a measuring tape and a level prior to the mounting step.

4.0 out of 5 stars Floating Desk, January 1, 2013
Darrel Huskey (Dove Creek, COLORADO, US) - See all my reviews
Not too hard to put together. Quality for price was good. Looked good on the wall but I would suggest getting something to cover the cords and raise make sure the 45" inch placement for the hanger on wall gives you enough clearance for your outlets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, March 23, 2013
Purchased one of these desks for my teenage son to do his homework. I'm thankful for the reviews suggesting installation 1.5 inches above the recommended height to clear wall outlets. Installed a LED light fixture under the top shelf and a power strip on the bottom. Looks good in his room. We liked it so much we bought another for our younger son. Good price value relationship.

3.0 out of 5 stars While I do like the product..., January 6, 2013
It definitely saved space in my room which was the original intent. The wall mount is a nice touch and makes it look pretty awesome. You WILL have cables underneath exposed... and also, the instruction manual recommends installing it at a height that conflicts with the height of standard electrical sockets in the US. Thank god I had someone handy helping me with this, we had to modify and cut the bottom to make the socket accessible. Also, the main desk piece itself had holes pre-drilled incorrectly, which we were forced to plug and improvise new holes where they SHOULD have been. Also had minor cosmetic damage from shipping but luckily it was in areas that are not very exposed. The finished product is definitely nice, but I would've wanted a bit more quality in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars So loving my legless desk!, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Prepac White Floating Desk with Storage (Misc.)
Special for small spaces where every inch counts. Sturdy construction.
Great packing. No mistakes building it, Easy to follow the instructions!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - HOWEVER be careful of the instructions!, September 21, 2013
Leah (Enfield, Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This desk is awesome. We got one from my daughters room makeover. And I love it so much, I'm getting one for our bedroom. Its strong and very well made. I was able to put it together by myself - but needed help mounting it. The "recommended" desk height for the mounting is made for an extremely short person apparently. Keep in mind that there is no separate shelving for the monitor/keyboard - leaving the monitor at chest level. It's was even too low for my nine year old; she had to hunch over to do her homework. It's easy enough to fix after mounting - just raising the mounting bar up a few inches and reattach desk. Calculate your desired height.

Prepac White Floating Desk with Storage
$219.99 $146.00
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies