4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought
Published on November 14, 2008 by jen-marie

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved it until it broke
This was a great and versatile peeler until it broke after only a few months of use. The plastic seems a bit shabby. It stained and didn't come clean in the top rack of the dishwasher. Went to use it one day and the part that inserts into the handle stopped connecting to the body of the utensil.
Published on September 15, 2009 by Beachboy

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, November 14, 2008
jen-marie (Virginia, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prepara Trio-Tri Blade Peeler (Kitchen)
This peeler is easy to use and peels very well. At first I thought it was going to be impossible to clean, because it came without any instructions at all, and the method for removing the blade cartridge from the handle is not instantly obvious. However, you can do this, and even remove the blades from the blade cartridge and wash them separately. Because there are three blades that can retract into the handle, the handle is big (about 5" circumference, which makes a diameter of about 1.5" I think). This is good when you are using it, and less good when you are storing it.

The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is that cleaning is still a bit of a pain. If you are peeling anything juicy (even, for example, carrots) the juice can get into the handle and so forth, so you have to clean up the whole thing inside and out each time you use it. When opposed to a normal peeler where you just have to wash one blade and a simple handle, it is a bit of extra work. Of course if you're putting it in the dishwasher it probably doesn't matter, but I'm in an apartment and my discwasher isn't entirely reliable, so I'm washing it by hand.

BTW, in case you are interested, here is the method for removing the blade cartridge from the handle. It will be easier if I explain how you change blades first. To position a blade for use, you turn the bottom of the handle until the picture of the blade you want is directly below the slide button. Then you slide the button toward the tip of the peeler to expose the blade. To change blades, you push the slide button back toward the end of the handle, turn the handle two "thunks" until the next blade is in position, and then push up the slide button. To REMOVE the cartridge with all three blades in it, you stop at the "thunk" in between two of the blades, and then push the slide button an extra bit further toward the end of the handle. (The button won't go all the way to the bottom unless you are between the blades.) Then the cartridge pops right out. It's not rocket science, but it's not obvious right away. In this case a picture (or rather a diagram) really would be worth a lot of words.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Peeler with an attitude, March 18, 2008
Prepara Trio-Tri Blade Peeler
Where have you been all my life? This is the best of kitchen tools. The handle makes it easy to manage. The clean-up is easy. And there is no drag when peeling tomatoes, peaches or cucumbers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Peels Tomatoes! Peels Peaches!, May 11, 2008
This review is from: Prepara Trio-Tri Blade Peeler (Kitchen)
Sometimes I like the skin off my tomato and this does the job perfectly! Need some romas peeled for a dish, you don't have to blanch them to get the skin off. This peeler does exactly what it is meant to do.

I did not give this a full Five stars, because I thought the overall Build/Quality is not as sturdy as just your single blade peelers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved it until it broke, September 15, 2009

2.0 out of 5 stars Design issues, October 18, 2009
This review is from: Prepara Trio-Tri Blade Peeler (Kitchen)
The trio three-blade peeler gets high marks as a peeler but fails miserably in it's design. The plastic retainers that keep the blade cartridge in the handle break very easily leaving the chef with a handful of totally worthless peeler parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Peeler, July 24, 2008
This review is from: Prepara Trio-Tri Blade Peeler (Kitchen)
Prepara Trio-Tri Blade Peeler This is a great peeler!!! It is easy to use and having three blades in one makes it very convenient and saves space as well. I had to peel an avocado and it peeled it with no problem. I saw this product being reviewed on Cooks Illustrated.com, which gave it the highest review. The price is right and I have decided to buy it as Christmas presents for my daughters-in-law. Thanks for a great product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware lefties!, January 9, 2011
This review is from: Prepara Trio-Tri Blade Peeler (Kitchen)
As a left-handed person, I feel privileged most of the time; it's fun to be different. But, hey, this peeler needs a warning label for us southpaws. When you use the julienne blade, which is the reason I bought it, you can only slice upwards, towards your unprotected right hand, holding the vegetable. I used it successfully, but this is clearly a design flaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Kitchen Gadget, March 22, 2013
This review is from: Prepara Trio-Tri Blade Peeler (Kitchen)
This is the second one I have purchased. The first one broike after several years of use. I don't want to be without one. I use it often.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool peeler, April 2, 2009
This review is from: Prepara Trio-Tri Blade Peeler (Kitchen)
I bought this peeler as a gift to my mom. It's very comfortable, what I like about it most is that it comes with 3 blades, and it's also very simple to change them, just with one click, The blades are kept inside a peeler, they are very sharp, and made of medical steel.
Now think of buying that to myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Works great for the first two times..., June 22, 2014
This review is from: Prepara Trio-Tri Blade Peeler (Kitchen)
Then it falls apart. The bottom section came unattached and now it is unusable. Great idea, it's very sharp, and feels good in the hand, but the execution is very poor. If this were higher quality, I would love it, but I can't afford to buy a new peeler every time I want to peel something.

Prepara Trio-Tri Blade Peeler