5.0 out of 5 stars I looked hard for this item
Published on September 18, 2009 by William L. Newman

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Design but don't put in dishwasher
We have purchased two of these and love the size and the channel around the edge on one side. I would normally not write about an item like this but felt compelled after our second board warped. This happened within a week of ordering and has gotten worse each week. If we hand wash its fine but the heat from a dishwasher is proving more than this plastic can handle.
Published on February 11, 2011 by FishTech

5.0 out of 5 stars I looked hard for this item, September 18, 2009
William L. Newman (Mesquite, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prepworks from Progressive International PCB-1812 17.25" X 11.25" Cutting Board (Kitchen)
This is the second one of these boards I've owned. Several years ago the Restaurants were made to get rid of all wooden cutting boards, because of bacteria being able to live on the wood surfaces where normal washing couldn't get to. A friend, who owns a diner in Ok. told me to get rid of the wooden board that I had and I found one like this. I have used it almost every day for years and it is still good. However lately I've been cutting mattes for some pictures and it worked so well that I ordered another to use for that purpose alone. I just missed it too much in the kitchen.
I would like to mention that I couldn't find one locally, Even at Walmart. All they had were wooden boards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cutting board, December 28, 2009
S. Chew "mitchgant" (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This board is very simple and does not try to be to fancy (like some other plastic cutting boards OXO I'm, looking at you). It is a medium to large cutting board that has a trough around the edges to catch the juices from meat when carving. Trough is a little on the small side, so you will need to watch it overflowing. But overall a very nice product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, November 8, 2009
M. Floyd (Washington D.C.) - See all my reviews
I hear varying sides of the discussion as to which material is safer for cutting boards. I'm not sure which one is safer, but I prefer non-wooden boards because of the simple fact I can stick them in the dishwasher.

I ordered the larger 11.25" x 17.25" of this model and I'm loving it so far. It's narrower than I prefer, but the trade off is that it is easier to clean in the sink should you decide to do so. It is a perfect fit in my small dishwasher.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big but slippery, March 16, 2011
I am overall very satisfied with this cutting board. My only complaint is that it slides all over the place on my counter top. I'm gonna need to buy a rubber mat or something to put underneath.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems here . . ., September 1, 2010
Teney (Colorado Mountains) - See all my reviews
I have had two large 12x18 poly cutting boards from another vendor for over 10 years--and use them and run them through the dishwasher daily. I wanted additional, similar poly cutting boards and found these on Amazon. I liked the fact that they are a bit smaller (17.5x11.25)so they fit into my dishwasher better--if I am not careful the 12x18 boards keep the detergent dispenser from opening fully.

I was a little leary of ordering these new boards because a couple of reviewers stated that they warped in the dishwasher, but decided to try for myself and ordered 4.

They arrived earlier than the promised date, packaged well. I removed one from the wrapping and ran it through my dishwasher with the next load. No problems--even with the sanitizer setting selected. The next day I unwrapped the other 3 and ran them through the dishwasher successfully.

The size is perfect. It fits into my dishwasher easily, but also is large enough to accommodate a fair size cooking project. I keep two clean ones out on the countertops all of the time to make it easy to use them and to protect the countertops. Having extras means I can have a few in the dishwasher and still have clean ones available.

The rim around the edge is nice if you are cutting something which is juicy. Because they are poly, I don't have to worry about bacteria or odors--I just use the sanitize selection on the dishwasher. If you put raw meat on one, be sure to wash it thoroughly before using it for vegetables, cooked meats, or other food--this is true for any cutting surface.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Design but don't put in dishwasher, February 11, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Good board, but beware, will warp!, December 18, 2010
I already own a bamboo cutting board, but sometimes I get sick of having to wash it immediately so that juices don't seep in. I searched all over to find a cutting board that I could use and then just toss in the dishwater for cleanup and I landed on this. The cutting board itself is large and works well, however the board DOES WARP if you stick it in the dishwasher (I even made sure to turn off the high temperature wash and the heated dry). Another sticking point is its lack of nonslip feet/backing. I was fully aware that this product didn't have nonslip backing, but I was willing to compromise on that to get a board that did not warp when washed in the dishwasher. Its a little frustrating that this happened because of all the research i put into it. Overall a decent cutting board but if I were to do it all over again I would have purchased something with a nonslip backing, even if I had to hand wash the thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge upgrade, October 30, 2012
When I cook at my parents' house, I become very frustrated with the smaller cutting board they keep. This was a great replacement. It doesn't require them to oil it like a bamboo board and it's large and easy to cut on. I recommend using a wet napkin underneath for some traction, otherwise this thing slides everywhere. Easy to clean too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good utility cutting board, October 23, 2011
rocky49152 (Lyndhurst, OH USA) - See all my reviews
The only qualm I have with this cutting board is that it will tend to slide if it's sitting on a formica kitchen counter with no rubber backing underneath it - which is a problem easily solved. Otherwise nice big surface, sits right over our sink, and fits in our dishwasher also. Good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect low-cost all purpose cutting board, November 25, 2013
I really need to replace my plastic cutting boards more often- this was a great buy! It has a nice deep gutter to help keep my counter clean and reduce cross contamination. It comes out of the dishwasher sparkling clean and it's a convenient size for working on most dinner sized projects. I used it last night to de-bone a chicken and it worked great.

Rate and Discover Movies