4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine. Cheap. Cute. Not for hot foods.
These aren't the most durable, but they do last through quite a few uses. The colors are cheerful, and they work fine. Their thin shape makes them easy to store. You can even curl them in your hands to make a sort of funnel to easily dump the chopped food into a pot. Nice item, and a bargain. And you can clean them in the dishwasher.
Recommended, but with these...
Published on October 31, 2003 by Aaron Contorer

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't stay flat
At first glance, these seemed like sturdy cutting mats. But the larger size will not stay flat - they curl, making them useless. Cheap price, cheap product.
Published on October 10, 2010 by M. Engle

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine. Cheap. Cute. Not for hot foods., October 31, 2003
This review is from: Prepworks from Progressive International PCC-606 Flexible Color-Coded Chopping Mats, Set of 6 (Kitchen)
Recommended, but with these limitations: (1) Because they are so thin, you don't want to put anything hot onto them -- they will warp. (2) Because they are so light, they can slide around the counter. These limitations eventually made me switch to much more expensive, thick, rubber-footed cutting boards -- but only after a long period using these with good results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., February 8, 2008
P. Ahal (Menomonee Falls, WI) - See all my reviews
I purchased these because they were highly recommended by Cooks Illustrated. The best chopping mats I've used to-date. Love the individual colored mats for fish, meat, veggies, etc.....helps avoid cross contamination. Will purchase sets for my children when they go out on their own.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't stay flat, October 10, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase for chopping and flexibility and sanitation, July 26, 2008
You can chop on these then bend them to pour into whatever dish you're making. Plus, the multiple set allows you to chop veggies, meat, chocolate, etc. and not have to clean or worry about cross contamination. They easily fit into the dishwasher. Best purchase for the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient., December 25, 2008
Previous to purchasing this set of chopping mats, I had one fairly large chopping block and one quite small chopping block (both porous) which seemed to always be dirty. If they weren't dirty, I needed to cut all the vegetables before I cut any meat, and I'm not always that organized. These solve the problems, don't stain, and hang neatly on a nail inside my pantry. The flexibility is an added plus, as vegetables and meats can be swept into pots/pans of any size with ease.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, May 8, 2010
Leslie Thompson (Pembroke Pines, Fl) - See all my reviews
These chopping mats are useless and a total waste of money. They curl on the sides so that they don't lie flat making them impossible to cut on. And the curling only gets worse if you put them in the dishwasher (they are supposed to be dishwasher safe). I'm throwing them out and looking for another set.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not great, March 3, 2010
These are handy mats that don't take up too much space, and the quantity of mats saves me the chore of having to wash the sole cutting board I used to have every night after dinner. They're also a good large size, which I like.

The main drawback is that the edges of these things curl a lot. I've tried flattening them under cookie sheets and heavy pots, but even after a couple years they still curl, which occasionally makes chopping awkward and messy. I've since bought mats that stay perfectly flat from Sur la Table, and which have a grippy silicone side to keep them from sliding around on the counter, and I'm much happier with those.

Bottom line: they're okay, and I use them, but I'd probably recommend something else.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not the best option for chopping, March 4, 2010
Ron B. (Tampa, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I found these mats to be only somewhat useful at best. They work in a pinch, but their tendency to curve rather than lie flat makes cutting and chopping a real challenge. They also slide around easily, but placing them on a non-slip mat helps.

Perhaps if they were a bit heavier they might lay flat on the counter. As they are, I find I don't use them often and would not purchase them again. I'll stick to regular cutting boards and chopping blocks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived curled and stayed that way, October 23, 2010
Gini (Lansing, MI) - See all my reviews
I got these as a gift last Christmas. Since I unwrapped them, I have tried everything to get them to lie flat, but with no success. I have many other flexible boards, and use them constantly. I reluctantly choose one of these when all the others are in the dishwasher. The small ones are completely unusable. I can't wait to get another set so I can throw these away!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Curled And Now Unusable, October 12, 2010
These curled so much they are completly unusable. A waste of money. I recommend you avoid these.