5.0 out of 5 stars Tickled and Delighted
Published 9 months ago by Anonymous

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good
I like having all the different sizes, however, they are not very sturdy. Would like to see them made with a bit heavier gauge plastic.
Published 3 months ago by Squeak

5.0 out of 5 stars Tickled and Delighted, October 9, 2013
This review is from: Prepworks From Progressive International Ultimate 19-Piece Measuring Cup and Spoon Set (Kitchen)
I couldn't be happier with this set of measuring cups and spoons. It is so unique. I have a metal decor measuring spoon set with a pinch, smidgen, and dash (1/8, 1/16, 1/32) but they are for looks and not practical. These I can actually use. Yes, it is a bit of a joke. I have never bother to measure out a dash when a recipe calls for it, but they are useful when doing proportion cooking, which I do a lot. I can easily use 1 part this, 3 parts that, etc. to shrink down a recipe, esp. a spice mix.

The cups are nice too. I have always like the Tupperware set of cups because they include 2/3 and 3/4 which a lot of measuring cup sets don't. I know I can get the same by multiple measuring but that takes time and can introduce compounding error. Esp. when cooking with children. This set also includes a 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 cups too. They are quite handy.

The plastic they are made from isn't the best. It is thin, hard plastic and I don't know how long it will last. I imagine they will crack rather than break but for $13 I don't expect a material I can pass down to the grandkids. They are dishwasher safe, stack well in the drawer, and the measurement indicator can not rub off which is what has happened to many of my measuring cups and spoons.

I set out to find a replacement for my 1/8 tsp measuring spoon and 1/2 measuring cup and this certainly fits the bill. After we got this, my 11 year old daughter proceeded to take out all the other measuring cups and spoons (at least one piece missing from each due to breakage or loss) from the drawer and said with this set, we don't need any of these others any more. I agree.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, March 18, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Great !!, October 2, 2013
The only this I didn't like about this was the quality of the ring, that holds them together. I feel it won't hold up long. BUT I Love, The Many Measure sizes it offers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the size variations not the product make up, March 5, 2014
I love that I have cups all the way from a pinch to 2 full cups, but I'm not a fan of the cheap plastic. Seems flimsy, but it is really nice to have so many options.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, April 14, 2014
I thought this set would be great because of all the different sizes. However, after about 10 uses, the handle of the 1 cup snapped right off. I guess if you hold onto the cup instead of the handle while scooping, it would be okay, but then what is the point in having a handle in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift, April 2, 2014
Bought these for my daughter for Christmas. I got some and she loved them so ordered her some after Christmas. Love the different sizes and makes cooking easier when you can use a two cup instead of two one cups. Love them. Good Price for the Quality

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge variety of sizes is a plus, March 27, 2014
Every size is covered, and the pieces stack neatly. I immediately removed the plastic rings that hold them together, they just get in the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars So many cups and spoons!, March 25, 2014
I love this set and all the extra measuring cups and spoons! The unusual sizes like 1/8 cup or 2 cups are so useful and save time when baking. This set seems durable so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars sooo many, March 25, 2014
There are sooo many different sizes! As a new cook, i totally appreciate all the larger and especially the very small sizes like "pinch" and "dash"

Highly recommend this! Very strong and durable as well! I would have preferred the gray instead of aqua but they were ,like twice as much, I am a poor college student, Ill take cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, March 17, 2014
This set of cups and spoons are my life savers and have been used since I've received them. They are true to size and the colors are so nice. Will definitely purchase again. Thanks

Rate and Discover Movies