5.0 out of 5 stars Tickled and Delighted
Published 13 months ago by Anonymous

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good
I like having all the different sizes, however, they are not very sturdy. Would like to see them made with a bit heavier gauge plastic.
Published 8 months ago by Squeak

5.0 out of 5 stars Tickled and Delighted, October 9, 2013
This review is from: Prepworks From Progressive International Ultimate 19-Piece Measuring Cup and Spoon Set (Kitchen)
I couldn't be happier with this set of measuring cups and spoons. It is so unique. I have a metal decor measuring spoon set with a pinch, smidgen, and dash (1/8, 1/16, 1/32) but they are for looks and not practical. These I can actually use. Yes, it is a bit of a joke. I have never bother to measure out a dash when a recipe calls for it, but they are useful when doing proportion cooking, which I do a lot. I can easily use 1 part this, 3 parts that, etc. to shrink down a recipe, esp. a spice mix.

The cups are nice too. I have always like the Tupperware set of cups because they include 2/3 and 3/4 which a lot of measuring cup sets don't. I know I can get the same by multiple measuring but that takes time and can introduce compounding error. Esp. when cooking with children. This set also includes a 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 cups too. They are quite handy.

The plastic they are made from isn't the best. It is thin, hard plastic and I don't know how long it will last. I imagine they will crack rather than break but for $13 I don't expect a material I can pass down to the grandkids. They are dishwasher safe, stack well in the drawer, and the measurement indicator can not rub off which is what has happened to many of my measuring cups and spoons.

I set out to find a replacement for my 1/8 tsp measuring spoon and 1/2 measuring cup and this certainly fits the bill. After we got this, my 11 year old daughter proceeded to take out all the other measuring cups and spoons (at least one piece missing from each due to breakage or loss) from the drawer and said with this set, we don't need any of these others any more. I agree.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, March 18, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars The handles break easily, May 28, 2014
These are made of Nylon, they should be made of a more durable plastic. Nylon shears easily, and the handles broke pretty quickly. I run a kennel, and thought they'd be great, since we have a lot of dogs that get 1 1/2, and 2 Cup amounts. Handles snapped off within a week.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great !!, October 2, 2013
The only this I didn't like about this was the quality of the ring, that holds them together. I feel it won't hold up long. BUT I Love, The Many Measure sizes it offers.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, July 17, 2014
These cups are exactly what I was looking for, they are perfect in every way. I bought them to replace my old measuring cups because the paint that showed the size of cup was smearing off. So I got these cups with the etched measurements. These are perfect for those who like to make small batches of baked goods and need smaller measurements like the 1/16 tsp. They are sturdy enough to use daily and they even tell you what the measurements are in other terms. For example 1/32 tsp would be a pinch and a 1/16 tsp is a dash. They are prefect for begginings and intermediate bakers. I absolute love them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the size variations not the product make up, March 5, 2014
I love that I have cups all the way from a pinch to 2 full cups, but I'm not a fan of the cheap plastic. Seems flimsy, but it is really nice to have so many options.

3.0 out of 5 stars good range of measuring options, February 25, 2014
I was surprised at the range of measuring options that came with the set. There are so many it gets confusing and seems like the measurements make weird jumps at times.

The plastic was thinner than I expected. Feel like I might break them at some point when I clean them. But not a bad set.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, April 14, 2014
I thought this set would be great because of all the different sizes. However, after about 10 uses, the handle of the 1 cup snapped right off. I guess if you hold onto the cup instead of the handle while scooping, it would be okay, but then what is the point in having a handle in the first place.

4.0 out of 5 stars These are great!, October 26, 2014
I have a "hope chest" for the day I move out of my parents home so I have been collecting kitchen ware. These seem super nice. Very durable plastic. I love that the measurments are raised on the plastic instead of printed on so they cannot be washed off. So many sizes to choose from and it cracks me up that there is a "pinch" and a "dash." I have not actually used them/washed them/dishwashered them so I cannot attests to how they hold up over time (like I said they are in a box). I like that they are alternating colors so it lessens the potential that I will grab a half cup instead of a third, if that makes sense. I dig that there is a ring to hold them together, thought I probably won't use it. Overall great value for the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT sizes- finally a set to replace the ones my family has lost/borrowed/destroyed over the years :) LIKE!, November 17, 2014
Cheryl (West TX, USA) - See all my reviews
I will have to be careful with these, because they seem a bit more breakable than I'd like. That being said, they come in EVERY size I wanted, including a few sizes I didn't even think of, like the big 2 cup one. When I bake, I do not like to wash out measuring cups so that I can use them for other ingredients, use a 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup to get 3/4 of something, etc., and these FINALLY fit the bill. Now to hide them from my kids and husband so that they don't melt them in the microwave, use them to measure dogfood and let the dog chew on them, or take them to the garage and lose them (ALL of which happened to my last good set). NICE set!