5.0 out of 5 stars Tickled and Delighted
Published 11 months ago by Anonymous

2.0 out of 5 stars The handles break easily
These are made of Nylon, they should be made of a more durable plastic. Nylon shears easily, and the handles broke pretty quickly. I run a kennel, and thought they'd be great, since we have a lot of dogs that get 1 1/2, and 2 Cup amounts. Handles snapped off within a week.
Published 3 months ago by Roxann Patzman

5.0 out of 5 stars Tickled and Delighted, October 9, 2013
This review is from: Prepworks From Progressive International Ultimate 19-Piece Measuring Cup and Spoon Set (Kitchen)
I couldn't be happier with this set of measuring cups and spoons. It is so unique. I have a metal decor measuring spoon set with a pinch, smidgen, and dash (1/8, 1/16, 1/32) but they are for looks and not practical. These I can actually use. Yes, it is a bit of a joke. I have never bother to measure out a dash when a recipe calls for it, but they are useful when doing proportion cooking, which I do a lot. I can easily use 1 part this, 3 parts that, etc. to shrink down a recipe, esp. a spice mix.

The cups are nice too. I have always like the Tupperware set of cups because they include 2/3 and 3/4 which a lot of measuring cup sets don't. I know I can get the same by multiple measuring but that takes time and can introduce compounding error. Esp. when cooking with children. This set also includes a 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 cups too. They are quite handy.

The plastic they are made from isn't the best. It is thin, hard plastic and I don't know how long it will last. I imagine they will crack rather than break but for $13 I don't expect a material I can pass down to the grandkids. They are dishwasher safe, stack well in the drawer, and the measurement indicator can not rub off which is what has happened to many of my measuring cups and spoons.

I set out to find a replacement for my 1/8 tsp measuring spoon and 1/2 measuring cup and this certainly fits the bill. After we got this, my 11 year old daughter proceeded to take out all the other measuring cups and spoons (at least one piece missing from each due to breakage or loss) from the drawer and said with this set, we don't need any of these others any more. I agree.

2.0 out of 5 stars The handles break easily, May 28, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, March 18, 2014
I like having all the different sizes, however, they are not very sturdy. Would like to see them made with a bit heavier gauge plastic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great !!, October 2, 2013
The only this I didn't like about this was the quality of the ring, that holds them together. I feel it won't hold up long. BUT I Love, The Many Measure sizes it offers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, April 14, 2014
I thought this set would be great because of all the different sizes. However, after about 10 uses, the handle of the 1 cup snapped right off. I guess if you hold onto the cup instead of the handle while scooping, it would be okay, but then what is the point in having a handle in the first place.

3.0 out of 5 stars good range of measuring options, February 25, 2014
I was surprised at the range of measuring options that came with the set. There are so many it gets confusing and seems like the measurements make weird jumps at times.

The plastic was thinner than I expected. Feel like I might break them at some point when I clean them. But not a bad set.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the size variations not the product make up, March 5, 2014
I love that I have cups all the way from a pinch to 2 full cups, but I'm not a fan of the cheap plastic. Seems flimsy, but it is really nice to have so many options.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, July 17, 2014
These cups are exactly what I was looking for, they are perfect in every way. I bought them to replace my old measuring cups because the paint that showed the size of cup was smearing off. So I got these cups with the etched measurements. These are perfect for those who like to make small batches of baked goods and need smaller measurements like the 1/16 tsp. They are sturdy enough to use daily and they even tell you what the measurements are in other terms. For example 1/32 tsp would be a pinch and a 1/16 tsp is a dash. They are prefect for begginings and intermediate bakers. I absolute love them!

2.0 out of 5 stars broken handles, July 11, 2014
I bought a set about 6 months ago and just broke the handle on the second measuring cup in the set.
Not durable enough for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, poor quality, April 19, 2014
Becky "Concerned Parent" (WEST BEND, WI, United States) - See all my reviews
I really enjoy using this set of measuring cups and spoons, as it is easy to organize and takes the guess work out of any measurement I might possibly need. However, these say they are dishwasher safe, and several of the handles on mine have gotten warped in the dishwasher. One of the handles has even broken during normal use. In order for them to deserve a higher rating, these need to be made of better quality plastic. I am very disappointed.

Rate and Discover Movies