Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Size: 19 piecesColor: Red/White/TealChange

on October 9, 2013
I couldn't be happier with this set of measuring cups and spoons. It is so unique. I have a metal decor measuring spoon set with a pinch, smidgen, and dash (1/8, 1/16, 1/32) but they are for looks and not practical. These I can actually use. Yes, it is a bit of a joke. I have never bother to measure out a dash when a recipe calls for it, but they are useful when doing proportion cooking, which I do a lot. I can easily use 1 part this, 3 parts that, etc. to shrink down a recipe, esp. a spice mix.

The cups are nice too. I have always like the Tupperware set of cups because they include 2/3 and 3/4 which a lot of measuring cup sets don't. I know I can get the same by multiple measuring but that takes time and can introduce compounding error. Esp. when cooking with children. This set also includes a 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 cups too. They are quite handy.

The plastic they are made from isn't the best. It is thin, hard plastic and I don't know how long it will last. I imagine they will crack rather than break but for $13 I don't expect a material I can pass down to the grandkids. They are dishwasher safe, stack well in the drawer, and the measurement indicator can not rub off which is what has happened to many of my measuring cups and spoons.

I set out to find a replacement for my 1/8 tsp measuring spoon and 1/2 measuring cup and this certainly fits the bill. After we got this, my 11 year old daughter proceeded to take out all the other measuring cups and spoons (at least one piece missing from each due to breakage or loss) from the drawer and said with this set, we don't need any of these others any more. I agree.
0Comment56 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2015
What a set of kitchen implements! Each spoon, and cup has a clearly labeled size in raised carving; not painted on. And there are sizes in both sets not usually offered that makes things so much easier. For instance in the spoons: the "smidgen 1/32 tsp", the "pinch 1/16 tsp" and the "dash 1/8 tsp." And in the cups: the "2 cup", "1 3/4 cup" and "1 1/2 cup". Offered in nice bright colors, these are made solid and sturdy without being heavy and have already become an integral part of of my kitchen.
review image
0Comment43 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2015
I fell in love with these, because it was 19 pieces, including larger cup sizes. However, after 3 months of use, there is a coating pealing off. Obviously, this is not safe for food products. Perhaps the kids can use in the yard for dirt. See photo.
review image
22 comments65 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2014
I like having all the different sizes, however, they are not very sturdy. Would like to see them made with a bit heavier gauge plastic.
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2014
I thought this set would be great because of all the different sizes. However, after about 10 uses, the handle of the 1 cup snapped right off. I guess if you hold onto the cup instead of the handle while scooping, it would be okay, but then what is the point in having a handle in the first place.
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2014
These are made of Nylon, they should be made of a more durable plastic. Nylon shears easily, and the handles broke pretty quickly. I run a kennel, and thought they'd be great, since we have a lot of dogs that get 1 1/2, and 2 Cup amounts. Handles snapped off within a week.
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2014
I love that I have cups all the way from a pinch to 2 full cups, but I'm not a fan of the cheap plastic. Seems flimsy, but it is really nice to have so many options.
on October 2, 2013
The only this I didn't like about this was the quality of the ring, that holds them together. I feel it won't hold up long. BUT I Love, The Many Measure sizes it offers.
on November 13, 2015
While I love these measuring cups and spoons, I'm a little disappointed that I haven't even had these for a year, and the handle broke off of this one while scooping out rice. Which is not heavy. :(
on February 25, 2014
I was surprised at the range of measuring options that came with the set. There are so many it gets confusing and seems like the measurements make weird jumps at times.

The plastic was thinner than I expected. Feel like I might break them at some point when I clean them. But not a bad set.