5.0 out of 5 stars Repeat purchase
Published on September 23, 2011 by GUNJCA

2.0 out of 5 stars not crazy about this one
This book has some very small pictures for 4 year olds to cut. My son really doesn't care for it and he loves cutting activities. I prefer the kumon books. This book is made more cheaply, the colors are the only thing I liked.
Published 20 months ago by ProudMommy

5.0 out of 5 stars Repeat purchase, September 23, 2011
This review is from: Preschool Practice Scissor Skills (Ages 3-5) (Perfect Paperback)
Great cutting book. I bought this for my 2 1/2 yr old as a first cutting book. We liked it so much we are now purchasing our second one. It is a great first cutting book. Most of the pages to cut are squares or triangles. Great for first time cutters. I believe only one page was cutting circles. It is also great because once they cut the shapes they have to match them up on the pages. For example cut out a piece of cheese and match it up with the mouse who eats cheese or how many fish do you see? Match it up with the numerical number you cut out. There are also pages of "Good Job" "excellent" stickers to put on the pages once they are finished. Huge hit. Older kids who want to practice cutting circles or more complicated shapes may be bored. But for a 2 1/2 year old it was a huge hit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 4 year old, November 13, 2012
This has been a fun book for my 4 year old. It has taught him how to use scissors in a fun way. He was able to do the book with ease and not much help from me. Which gave me a little more time to accomplish what I would like to while he was at work learning motor skills that are important in school.

I would recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, September 22, 2013
My son is 3 and loves it too. It is not only for cutting but it teaches colors, numbers and patterns.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son LOVES this product!, November 1, 2013
We have been using scissors a lot now that my child has learned to cut and this workbook has been fantastic! The pages have a good mix of shapes, different size objects, and patterns to cut. My son has trouble cutting some of the more challenging patterns, so I made copies of each page just in case he messes up and wants to try again. This workbook has definitely helped him develop better hand-eye coordination.

2.0 out of 5 stars not crazy about this one, April 12, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Could Be Better., September 2, 2014
What I didn't like about this book, was that the parts to cut out, were placed in the back of the book. You have to basically cut apart a whole page, and leave in tact the page # at the bottom if you want to know where the cut outs belong. If I want my child to do only one page, I have to cut 3-4 pages worth of cut outs. I just feel the layout of this book could have been better 3/5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use Book, June 20, 2014
My daughter (4 years old and a lefty) loved the book. I bought her 3 cutting books and she is a pro now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Preschool scissor skills, October 7, 2013
I got this for my grand daughter who is 3. Mostly straight line cuts--perfect for beginners & the added bonus of getting to use glue!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, June 29, 2011
Keep the preschoolers entertained and educated at the same time. Some pages might be a little complex depending on the level of preschooler but the majority of the book can be enjoyed by all ! Completing picture puzzles, matching items etc are some themes.

2.0 out of 5 stars One page a day, December 10, 2013
There aren't very many pages and it gets repetitious but it is a good book have if you have several books and you want to do a practice page a day. For a 3 year old, you will need to give a lot of assistance. But for a 5 year old it's a little boring. I think 4 is the perfect age here.

Preschool Practice Scissor Skills (Ages 3-5)
Preschool Practice Scissor Skills (Ages 3-5) by Joan Hoffman (Perfect Paperback - January 1, 2007)
$3.99