Presenting Lily Mars
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Audio-only outtake of deleted finale Paging Mr. Greenbacks
- Audio-only version of the alternate finale" Where There's Music/Broadway Rhythm"
- Audio-only version of the alternate stereo version of "Where There's Music"
- Radio show adaptation with June Allyson and Van Heflin
- 1943 MGM short subject: "Heavenly Music"
- 1943 MGM cartoon: "Who Killed Who?" directed by Tex Avery
- Original theatrical trailer
Top Customer Reviews
very good .
Some reviewers have noted that this film is only for Garland fans . I beg to differ, but as a Garland fan, my opinion on this issue would be legitimately questioned. Who cares? Musical gems abound in this film. "Every Little Movement" with Lily and a scrub woman on the bare stage illuminated only by a ghost light, singing of their passion for the theatre; Judy's final medley "Where There's Music" (and just about every tune from the Freed/MGM music storage vault, including "Gotta Dance" and "Broadway Rhythym").. they continue. Worth more othan 90 minutes of modern special effects in my book .. this is real talent kids. Watch and learn and be moved.
Judy at her most luminous. Congratulations to all involved for re-issuing this marvelous piece of movie history. Enjoy.
Songs are lovely and lovingly delivered (except for that last overblown feathers and black lace extravanza).
The book is from a Booth Tarkington novel (his kind and clever views of americana make for fine movie fare, .i.e. "Alice Adams" with Kate Hepburn).
Judy, besides her staggering gifts of voice, luminous transparency, comic timing, and reliable emotional insincts is, in this movie, a surprisingly generous actress. Watch her scenes with her younger siblings in the film... she's confident enough to play it straight, letting them get the laughs. And the laughs come - aplenty.
That's a fine and unexpected reward from
an actress who's already stolen your heart.
Watch this film. You'll have a ball.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Judy Garland Looked great sang great. It was good to see her young and in her prime. The story was simple and predictable. But if you like Judy Garland you will enjoy this movie.Published 12 months ago by Rocky
I do have this wonderful film, for some time now, ON SILVER DISC, with all the extras that came with it on this nice package of a disc, then one day I went to play it, and all of a... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Private Dick
One of my favorite movies. I originally watched the movie because I am a big fun of classic movie. I am also a fan of Judy Garland. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Katie
Wonderful movie with the best entertainer show business has ever known... Great purchase!!Published 13 months ago by Marta
Loved it. Great laughs and character development. A must for Judy Garland fans.Published 15 months ago by Rome
This was the second copy of the movie I ordered. Neither copy would work in the DVD player. VERY disappointed. Returned it. One copy a fluke? But, two??Published 18 months ago by Ms. Jane Bennington
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Musicals
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Musicals & Performing Arts