Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Presenting to Win: The Art of Telling Your Story, Updated and Expanded Edition
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 7, 2016
I was interested in this book because I do speak in front of people on a regular basis (as a preacher, I am publicly speaking every week). I wanted to improve my presentation skills. The subject of presentations is specifically directed at the business world and not sermon or teaching. The main idea of a narrative presentation model is relevant. The method applies to any speaker who may need to improve their presentation in preparation, flow, and visual aspects.

The book refers to older versions of PowerPoint presentation software, but they may still be in use.

The suggestions and skills described are still useful and do not suffer from the older software references. This is useful for persons who need to improve their public speaking presentation efforts.
on April 12, 2014
While I do occasionally make public presentations, I bought the book primarily to enhance my PowerPoint presentations for history lessons. Having lived in Silicon Valley I was delighted with the many anecdotes about some of the big wigs of the computer industry. There was much excellent information on organizing a presentation and there was some good suggestions on making PowerPoint presentations more effective. It would be a huge asset if I were building presentations for new material or concepts.
on March 22, 2014
I really wish I would have read this book sooner! The author gives practical advice on how to present and how to format PowerPoint slides. Although most of the examples are political I can easily relate the techniques to what I need to do. Would recommend this to anyone who wants to improve the presentation skills in any discipline.
on October 23, 2013
Although I am not a business professional with a technical approach, I am a speaker for a women's ministry. I am always looking for ways to improve my presentation, as well as improving the ministry. This book was helpful in giving some basic steps to avoid, some to implement, the reasons why to do so, and gave practical examples. At times, I found it over my head, but mostly encouraging, and inspiring, You don't have to be in charge of a huge corporation to find this book a useful tool. I recommend it!
This is an outstanding book on the subject of presentation excellence. Jerry Weissman offers real-world experience on the value of effective presentations and their impact on business results. I love his thinking on the 16 flow structures. I have underlined more passages in his book than most other presentation books. Practical, strategic, useful. You need to read this book!
on December 22, 2012
This is really the best book on presentations. I bought this book several years ago and revised my presentations, as a result. My presentations are so much better and I get a much better response from the audience. It's pricey, but worth the cost of a non- mass market book. Just bought a copy for someone who is switching careers. I highly recommend this book and this edition.
on December 20, 2012
I may not always agree with every point made by Jerry Weissman, but his advice is straightforward and abundantly practical. He provides concrete how-to steps and multiple examples for most, if not all, scenarios. He is scrupulous in his use of evidence and intertwines both time-honored rhetorical strategies with contemporary technology and situations to guide presenters to successfully communicating their needs and ideas to their audiences.
on January 2, 2013
This book was recommended to me and I found it to be very insightful as I prepared presentations for both my MBA program and work to the CEO of the Fortune 500 firm I work for. It was very helpful in debunking some myths that are out there for how to present and how to use slides. I can confidently say that all the presentations were better off for having read the book.

I would recommend this to anyone looking to establish, maintain or improve their skills in delivering a successful presentation.
on July 8, 2011
If you're working on a pitch, get this book. The author obviously has lots of experience coaching investor and product pitches. This book is full of relevant examples and practical suggestions. I've heard some of these tips before, but they were presented here in a fresh context. The most important original piece of info I got from this book was how to structure the first 90 seconds to grab and retain the listener's attention. There are also great checklists of strategies you can use in structuring your argument so that your presentation stands head and shoulders above everyone else. The Kindle edition was a quick read for me (about 2 hours, including note taking and highlighting), and it gave me immediate ideas that I used for a client I'm currently working with. Whether you're pitching for $10K or $10M, read this book and you will get at least a couple of ideas that will get you that much closer to your goals.
on December 29, 2013
I like the story telling technique and proposed structures which are very helpful for reference in various situations. However, the author is focused on IPO presentation. I have to seek other books for scientific and marketing related presentation. Also, the book lacks high level presentation skill for executive level and call to action. More, the visual design is too weak. There are more great book. Eg. Presentation zen,