From the Back Cover
30 million presentations will be given today. Millions will fail. Millions more will be received with yawns.
A rare few will establish the most profound connection, in which presenter and audience understand each other perfectly ... discover common ground ... and, together, decide to act!Presenting to Win: Persuade Your Audience Every Time is about getting those "A-ha!" moments, and the extraordinary success that follows from them.
Jerry Weissman shows you how to transform your presentations from dry recitals of facts into compelling stories with a laser-sharp focus on what matters most: what's in it for the audience.These techniques have proven themselves with billions of dollars on the line. Thousands of Weissman's elite clients have already mastered them. Now it's your turn!
* Techniques proven in hundreds of IPO road shows How you can convince even the world's toughest audiences * What you must do to tell your story Focus before flow: Identifying your real goals and message * The power of the WIIFY: What's In It For You Staying focused on what your audience really cares about * Capture your audience in 90 seconds ... and never let go! Opening gambits and compelling linkages * The practical mechanics of effective presentations Making the most of bullets, graphics, charts, and special effects * From brainstorming through delivery Crafting the Power Presentation, one step at a time
Become one of the world's most persuasive presenters ... right now!
- Beyond the bullet point: presentations that connect!
- Bring your message to life: using proven storytelling techniques
- Show your audiences what really is in it for them
- Use graphics to support your story, not bury it
- Keep your presentations fresh, no matter how often you deliver it
- Learn by example: case studies from the world's leading companies
Suddenly, in a flash, the lights go on in their heads. Aha! They smile. They nod. They get it. They're yours. You've persuaded them. All your presentations should be filled with moments like these, and with Presenting to Win: Persuade Your Audience Every Time, they will be.
You'll master the same step-by-step techniques Jerry Weissman uses to coach business people preparing for the most mission-critical presentations of their careers before the world's toughest audiences.
It's time to learn how to make your presentations unforgettable-and irresistible.
About the Author
Jerry Weissman, the world's #1 corporate presentations consultant, is known worldwide for his confidential executive coaching sessions. Weissman's private client list reads like a Who's Who of the world's great companies, including the top brass at Yahoo!, eBay, Intel, Intuit, Cisco Systems, Microsoft, and many others. Weissman's techniques have helped nearly 400 client firms hone persuasive IPO road show presentations that have raised hundreds of billions of dollars in the stock market; and have helped hundreds of other public and pre-public firms develop and deliver crucial business presentations.
See all Editorial Reviews