5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have For Fans and Gaga Newbies Alike
Published on October 28, 2011 by Rooter 4 Router

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Concert...
So I've been to plenty of Gaga shows since The Fame era, before she actually became huge.
This was an extremely entertaining show and shows Gaga can command a stage for sure.

The setlist was great, no complaints there.

My biggest problem with this show is all the yelling. There is so much yelling from her part I felt like I was in church being...
Published on November 21, 2011 by Marcelo Bravo Lopes

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have For Fans and Gaga Newbies Alike, October 28, 2011
This review is from: Lady Gaga Presents The Monster Ball Tour At Madison Square Garden [Explicit] (DVD)
I too saw her show live twice and watched this on HBO. I wasn't expecting the magic of the live show to come across on TV but it actually did! Which once again proves what a stellar performing artist she is. The odd fashion choices and other dichotomous behavior aside, this woman is incredibly talented and will have a long career in any kind of music she chooses whether it be pop or jazz. I applaud her politics and hope more will listen to her message of love, compassion and understanding for all.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SHOW!, October 28, 2011
PourHomme80 (Los Angeles, Ca) - See all my reviews
This is a great capture of the two year long, Monster Ball Tour.
I'm not going to "compare" Lady Gaga to her peers but I would like to say, what I feel makes her stand-out is her ability to connect with her audience. She does this by sharing stories and humanizing herself throughout the show. This rare ability puts Lady Gaga at a level all her own. She reminds us that shes a human being just like everyone in the crowd and that even when no one else believed in her, she believed in herself. The other aspect that makes Lady Gaga standout from her peers is her technical talent....she CAN REALLY SING! Her voice is powerful and emotive. She also plays the piano amongst other instruments. Gaga is a musicians musician and a pop star rolled into one.

Anyway, this show is half Broadway, half rock show, and a whole lot of entertaining. Several interludes are cut from the show and my personal thought is that maybe getting the rights to the samples used in those interludes were too expensive. The opening track, containing samples of "Finally" by Cece Peniston, was really awesome and I was sad not to see it. I'm taking off one star because I don't like a show to be altered or not fully captured when a dvd is released.

Overall, great show. If you missed it, definitely go see her live when you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars This blu ray is the ONLY way to "experience" this fabulous concert., December 11, 2011
Not a big fan of Lady Gaga, or could I even call myself a little monster. But I am glad I made this concert purchase on blu ray instead of low res DVD. Even at 1080i, this is one beautiful picture! And I own many blu ray concerts and this ranks up there as the best. With all the different, brilliant colors there is no smearing or bleeding of the colors whatsoever. It is outrageously pretty to just look at!
The sound is presented in 5.1 or 2.0 Dolby Tru HD and is very impressive in the bass and surround sound envelopement.
If you own a blu ray player and like Lady Gaga, do your eyes and ears a favor and get this on blu ray instead of DVD. You will not be disappointed.
Or like me, become a new fan with this brilliant looking treat.
Crank it up!!!!
But hurry, before this blu ray is hard to find. Got mine as a Best Buy exclusive release when it came out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pay Attention this is the CLEAN VERSION, November 11, 2011
J. StJohn (Richardson, TX) - See all my reviews
if you are looking for the unedited version in all its glory, go to the other item. Its cheaper anyway.

Lady Gaga Presents The Monster Ball Tour At Madison Square Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bluray all around, will rock your socks off.!!, February 16, 2012
If you are a Gaga fan. Get this now!! The bluray does not offer many special feature but the concert itself is amazing. The bluray does tremendously in reproducing the sound and the video is great too. If you have a proper home theater surround sound the experience will be even greater because you will feel like you are there screaming for mother monster.

Can't wait to get to see her some day live!! Untill then the "monster ball tour" will do just fine.

ps. the guys are hot hot hot!! (sorry just had to get that out of my system)

5.0 out of 5 stars NO SURPRISE HERE! Lady Gaga NEVER disappoints!, January 25, 2012
Its no wonder this DVD debuted at #1. I TOTALLY recommend and know u will love it!!!! Amazon did a fantastic Job delivering it and some other items almost a week earlier than their estimate DURING the MIDDLE OF the Christmas HOLIDAY! !
THANKS again
Daniel

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing show, October 27, 2011
Ignore the bad reviews. Most of them didn't even bother to watch this and are just jealous of Lady Gaga's success. I saw this concert movie on HBO in May and saw the actual concert live three times, and she is an absolutely amazing performer. She has a beautiful voice, she's a true musician (plays the piano), and can dance very well. She's the complete package, and I see her having a very long career. Make sure you pick up this DVD. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This show is awesome!, April 21, 2014
DvaLA (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I can and have watched this a million and one times. It is inspirational, motivational, and entertaining as all hell. I originally saw this on HBO in the beginning of 2013 and found myself watching or listening to it as I cleaned, got ready, cooked.....finally I decided to buy my own copy and I work in entertainment. I brought this to the dressing room at work and everyone went crazy and we watched it all day long between shows. This is a really great show and GaGa is her usual amazing, crazy, and wonderful self. Even Liza Minnelli was there, how can you go wrong?

5.0 out of 5 stars The Monster Ball is a Monster Hit!, February 1, 2012
I LOVE this DVD. After having gone to the Monster Ball twice, this DVD really captures the essence of Lady Gaga's live show. Her raw talent and eccentricities are two things you certainly don't wanna miss... and this DVD certainly displays both of those! Whether you're a person just discovering Gaga's music, or a hardcore Little Monster -- you should DEFINITELY consider adding this DVD to your collection. PAWS UP!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing concert DVD!, December 9, 2011
Cory L (Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews
I just love the concert DVD of Lady Gaga: The Monster Ball at Madison Square Garden. The Monster Ball Tour concert of the DVD is really beautiful! It reminds me of Madonna's music documentary Truth or Dare. Buy the concert DVD, it's amazing!

Lady Gaga Presents The Monster Ball Tour At Madison Square Garden [Explicit]