100%
Preserving: Self-Sufficiency (The Self-Sufficiency Series)
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$11.10+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Like many modern-day women, no one taught me how to do many of the chores our grandmothers took for granted - like canning and preserving. I have always wanted to learn how to can and this is absolutely the most fabulous book! Carol Wilson takes readers on a journey all the way from the BEGINNING of defining various preserving-related terms all the way to recipes for specific jelly, jam, cheese, and pickle recipes and more! She tells you what equipment you'll need and exactly what to do with it - step by step.

I'm a visual reader so I also like the fact that the book uses an easy-to-read font with a layout that doesn't overwhelm you on each page.

Finally, I like the fact that Skyhorse Publishing has chosen to use a sturdy hardcover binding. This is beneficial since readers would most likely be using the book in or near the kitchen. It was a wise choice.

I would highly recommend this if you're interested in canning or preserving - especially if you're a beginner!

Sonya Haskins, author of Homeschooling for the Rest of Us: How Your One-of-a-Kind Family Can Make Homeschooling and Real Life Work
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on December 27, 2012
Not your usual preserving book. Full of tips and information in easily accessible language by an expert. Recipes work and are easy to follow.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again